Joining from New York, USA - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-28-2009, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Joining from New York, USA

Greetings - Joining to learn more about the greatest marque on Earth and to prepare for my eventual purchase of an "entry level" Ferrari. I'm considering a pre-owned 355 to get my feet wet. Admittedly I have a lot to learn about the different models.

Currently, I'm constructing a Factory Five Racing Roadster, www.factoryfive.com, as a tribute to the 1965 Cobra. Hope to make new friends here, Thanks.
Art Caley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Welcome to the forum! There are many F355 owners and knowledgeable people on this site that will be more than willing to help you with information on the F355.

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 02-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Owner
 
Gcalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Ramon, Calif
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Welcome, Art.

There is a considerable amount to learn about 355's before you purchase. You can be badly bitten.

So by all means take your time and ask a lot of questions.

Keep an eye on Chris, however!

He's one of those "science wizards"!!!
Gcalo is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 Old 02-28-2009, 07:02 PM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
Welcome, Art.

There is a considerable amount to learn about 355's before you purchase. You can be badly bitten.

So by all means take your time and ask a lot of questions.

Keep an eye on Chris, however!

He's one of those "science wizards"!!!
Hehehe, that would be me

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Owner
 
Gcalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Ramon, Calif
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
I knew you would respond to that!
Gcalo is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
I knew you would respond to that!
Did you know I would respond to this?

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Owner
 
Night Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Regina, Canada
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ciao and Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Did you know I would respond to this?
Post whore...

Art welcome the 355 is an awesome machine but as stated do your home work.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
Night Life is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 03-02-2009, 03:15 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Caley View Post
Greetings - Joining to learn more about the greatest marque on Earth and to prepare for my eventual purchase of an "entry level" Ferrari. I'm considering a pre-owned 355 to get my feet wet. Admittedly I have a lot to learn about the different models.

Currently, I'm constructing a Factory Five Racing Roadster, www.factoryfive.com, as a tribute to the 1965 Cobra. Hope to make new friends here, Thanks.
Welcome to FL. If you are interested in the F355, suggest you take a look at the Buyers Guide in the library tab. I also believe there are a few articles on them in past issues of FL Quarterly.
Boxer is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Welcome to FL. If you are interested in the F355, suggest you take a look at the Buyers Guide in the library tab. I also believe there are a few articles on them in past issues of FL Quarterly.

Very good advice. That, other than some first hand knowledge from owners and a Ferrari dealership manager, did I not learn more.

I found the buyer's guide here to be one I recommend all the time. Once you have had ownership of such and/or any Ferrari do you realize the words are well sorted, concise and true.

Take in Bachelor's[sic] too, for a lot of general background material on Ferraris in general [numbering etc. etc.] That book is a must in every library for the newly initiated.

Many others here will help it out...

ALSO, DO search these forums for anything relating to the 355

rik

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale