Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hi folks (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/member-introductions/8972-hi-folks.html)

edmguru 12-21-2008 02:55 PM

Hi folks
 
I'm a 355 F1 driver since August. Not new to exotics but this is my first Ferrari. I'm an old retired guy but love the car crowd. You can see my car at www.panteraguy.com

Hope to chat often with everyone, I've been on the F-Chat forums and just discovered Ferrari life.

Chrishawk4 12-21-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmguru (Post 82795)
I'm a 355 F1 driver since August. Not new to exotics but this is my first Ferrari. I'm an old retired guy but love the car crowd. You can see my car at www.panteraguy.com

Hope to chat often with everyone, I've been on the F-Chat forums and just discovered Ferrari life.

Welcome to the forum! I looked at your site, very nice cars:)

Chris

Chrishawk4 12-21-2008 03:57 PM

The automatic clutch on your Pantera is a very neat idea.

Chris

Gcalo 12-21-2008 09:47 PM

Welcome to F.L. but to avoid paying a penalty please post pictures of your 355!!!

Night Life 12-21-2008 11:08 PM

Ciao and Welcome to the " F-LIFE"
 
There are a few of us from F-chat here, this is a great forum hope you stick around and join the gang we are a laid back bunch.

Gcalo 12-22-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Life (Post 82830)
There are a few of us from F-chat here, this is a great forum hope you stick around and join the gang we are a laid back bunch.

Well how unique!

Italian Lover 12-22-2008 12:22 PM

Glad to have you on board ! Based on your toy collections, that is not what I call retired ?!?!?! Great looking cars. w/ smiles Jimmy

stile - alpine 12-22-2008 02:22 PM

welcome to FL!

edmguru 12-22-2008 02:37 PM

Thanks, everyone. I do look forward to the friendships. (I have got to stop buying cars that are hard to get into!)
NOT

Italian Lover 12-22-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmguru (Post 82873)
Thanks, everyone. I do look forward to the friendships. (I have got to stop buying cars that are hard to get into!)
NOT

One way of staying fit. w/ smiles Jimmy

Gcalo 12-22-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS (Post 82876)
One way of staying fit. ---

That's the whole point.

He wants to "fit".

Pete04222 12-22-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmguru (Post 82873)
Thanks, everyone. I do look forward to the friendships. (I have got to stop buying cars that are hard to get into!)
NOT

That's funny! I've got the same problem. Got the low F-car you have to crawl into and I've got the big lifted Jeep you have to climb up into.

I did trade in my big 3/4 ton diesel Dodge Ram for a 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado. That one is easy to get in and out of.

Chrishawk4 12-22-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete04222 (Post 82878)
I did trade in my big 3/4 ton diesel Dodge Ram for a 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado. That one is easy to get in and out of.

You should've traded for a Ram SRT-10;) That would get the plowing done in about 10 seconds. :laugh:

Chris

Pete04222 12-22-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 (Post 82888)
You should've traded for a Ram SRT-10;) That would get the plowing done in about 10 seconds. :laugh:

Chris

Yeah, I do like the Dodge trucks but this Chevy was a good deal. Having said that, I do miss my old diesel Dodge everytime I pull up to the gas pump in my Chevy. The Cummins-powered Dodge averaged around 17 mpg around town (even towing a trailer with a Jeep on it), the V-8 gas Chevy averages around 13 mpg around town (less with the snow plow attached).

Chrishawk4 12-22-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete04222 (Post 82922)
Yeah, I do like the Dodge trucks but this Chevy was a good deal. Having said that, I do miss my old diesel Dodge everytime I pull up to the gas pump in my Chevy. The Cummins-powered Dodge averaged around 17 mpg around town (even towing a trailer with a Jeep on it), the V-8 gas Chevy averages around 13 mpg around town (less with the snow plow attached).

I think the SRT-10 gets about 7 mpg....haha of course it has a Viper V10, I suppose that could have something to do with it.

Chris

Gcalo 01-21-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 (Post 82923)
I think the SRT-10 gets about 7 mpg---

Now that's an economy car!

Interesting how Dodge played upon the Shelby snake by naming this a "Viper".

Similar to the Mustang having a horse in the grille to get even with Ferrari!

Chrishawk4 01-21-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gcalo (Post 85511)
Now that's an economy car!

Interesting how Dodge played upon the Shelby snake by naming this a "Viper".

Similar to the Mustang having a horse in the grille to get even with Ferrari!

Haha, never thought of the Shelby snake and the Viper before. I have however seen the correlation between Ferrari and Mustang....:thumbsdown:

Chris

Gcalo 01-21-2009 06:57 PM

Just a reality in the automotive world!

Chrishawk4 01-21-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gcalo (Post 85520)
Just a reality in the automotive world!

Everyone copies :thumbsdown:

Chris


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale