Newbie from TampaBay area - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 90
Newbie from TampaBay area

Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND what the hype is all about. I'll explain,,,,,,,,,,,,

First, I'm a Deputy Sheriff here in FL and had the opportunity to meet someone in the Life Insurance/Investment business that owns an F430. Met him through his father who is a retired Deputy Sheriff.

Anyhow, after taking my deferred comp $$ to him and asking him to "stop the bleeding" I noticed that he drove the F430 to work. I was offered to drive it and of course I didn't say no!!!

Let me preface my introduction by telling you all that I am a car nut and have had all sorts of Mustangs recently. Fastest by far was my '03 Terminator. I love racing of ALL TYPES and consider myself a true gearhead.

Well, after my 20 min. test drive I had a "perma-grin" that could not be wiped off my face if you sucker punched me. Talk about amazing!! Switch on steering wheel in race mode, short shifting at 7k and I was in 7th Heaven!!!!!

Well, to make things even better Kevin offered the car to me on my night of choice!!!!! I couldn't believe it!! Who, in their right mind, offers a gearhead a 200k dollar car for the night?????? Thank you Kevin.

So, I pick up the car at the "beach house" and can't believe what is about to happen. As we are leaving Clearwater Beach heads were just popping to see who was driving this car. (Here comes the perma-grin again.)

I get home, clean it up a bit and head out to my Mustnag club's meet. I posted on our boards that I was borrowing this car and people were coming out just to see it. As I show up at the Sonic the crowd this car draws is amazing. We head out to Patterson Rd (lots of curves), then onto Boy Scout Rd, and then to another on our way to the final destination.

The weather was low 50's, knob on steering wheel on Race mode, and my excitement level was pegged!!! Cold tires and cold temps made for some interesting corners and I had the tail wagging ALOT!!! After our arrival at Dariy Queen one guy tells me,,,,,"that darn thing shoots out blue flames when it downshifts!"

To all you lucky 430 owners,,,,,I understand now and am in envy. Ferrari, you sure know how to build a car and if I hit the Lotto I WILL get one. To bad I can't afford one on a law enforcement officers budget.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Had to do at least one more pic! Ahhhh, let me try that again.
post #3 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Lets see if it takes this time.
Attached Images

post #4 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Great story. Welcome to FLife.
post #5 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Thnx Boxer. Just found out that Kevin is trying to sell this bad boy. Again, wish I could afford it at the discounted price of 200k. Haaaa
post #6 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
welcome, and VERY neat story.

What a great friend. I would do the same for someone I knew well.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #7 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Welcome, Wade, and great story!

Even if a 430 is not in the budget right now, consider a 308/328 series car -- not nearly as fast, but loads of fun and style, and depreciation-free!

Cheers,

Tony

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #8 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Wade, welcome to FL
post #9 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I wanted to go more in depth about the story and feelings this car gave me, but figured you all know what I'm talking about already!

I will say this though. I did a "pre-run" on Patterson Rd. before meeting The Stang Gang and after one pass I pulled over and just started laughing. This car makes ya just giddy w/laughter.
post #10 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
welcome, and VERY neat story.

What a great friend. I would do the same for someone I knew well.
He definitely made my Xmas card mailing list!! Granucci, I had just met him that day for the first time and he offers me the car for the night the same day! Kevin is just one of those people that even though he has done well for himself, is still a down to earth type person.
post #11 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Welcome to the forum Wade. Great story, great pictures, great friend.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #12 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
So, Wade, when you, ahem, passed the speed limit a bit, were you somewhat protected?

Get your friend to make an intervivos transfer of the vehicle to you!

Welcome to FL.
post #13 of 25 Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ciao and Welcome to the "LIFE"

That was a great story you can feel your excitement in the post.

Don't give up your dream now there a alot of more affordable Ferrari's in your range like the almighty 348/355 viewed as the last true sexy exotic designed Ferrari besides the F40 F50. With the economy down right now you can get into one of these beauties(348/355) between $ 75000-$40000.

Now as far as the gentleman lending you his 430 I am to assume he is insuring his future to a couple of ripped up speeding tickets.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #14 of 25 Old 12-05-2008, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
So, Wade, when you, ahem, passed the speed limit a bit, were you somewhat protected?

Get your friend to make an intervivos transfer of the vehicle to you!

Welcome to FL.

Well, I do have the "get out of ticket free" badge w/me at all times. However, should I have got popped doing anything north of 120 (which happened a few times that night) I doubt they'd give me much of a break!

On a side note,,,I had my Glock 21 w/me that night, but not much room to put it. Had to store it up front under the bonnet/hood. That I didn't like to much.
post #15 of 25 Old 12-05-2008, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
That was a great story you can feel your excitement in the post.

Now as far as the gentleman lending you his 430 I am to assume he is insuring his future to a couple of ripped up speeding tickets.
You aren't the first person to make the statement about feeling the excitement when I post or talk about it. Heck, I've told the story a few times in the past week and it just puts me in a great mood. I can't imagine owning one of my own. (I'd be in so much trouble w/that car that I don't think my badge would save me. Haaaaaaa)

Oh yeah, Kevin gets a few of my business cards as well. It doesn't hurt that his father retired from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office as well. He's also hanging out w/the Sheriff quite frequently now days as well. (Kevin is trying to help all deputies w/their investments-retirements and he needs the Sheriff to get Nationwide to go bye bye so he can take over.)

I've researched some 308's and what not, but w/a 6yr old that is getting started in dirt biking and a 2yr old it's time to focus on the family for now. Believe me,,,I've had my share of Mustangs and spent way to much money over the last few years on my toys. (Should have never sold my '03 Cobra.)
post #16 of 25 Old 12-15-2008, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Figured I'd complete my introduction by showing some of my rides past and present. (sorry for disgracing a Ferrari board w/Mustang stuff. haaaa)

95GT. this was my baby and I should have never sold it. Second pic is how it ended up 3mos. after selling it. This car was spotless, driven hard, but well taken care of. More pics to come.

post #17 of 25 Old 12-15-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Couple more.

87 Fox Body that I just sold. Another one I shouldn't have sold.

post #18 of 25 Old 12-15-2008, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

While on my "baby leave" from work I took the motor out,,hid most of the wiring harness under the front fender, sanded the engine bay and painted it as well. (See prior pic.) This is me having a blast messing w/the wire harness.

post #19 of 25 Old 12-15-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

I sold the white 95 for this: 02 HD Night Train. custom paint from Harley. #125/250. Great bike, but I should have kept the Stang.

Shop night at my house!!!!!!! Ferrari's welcome as well:thumbsup:

post #20 of 25 Old 12-15-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Last, but not least: My 03 terminator. 475hp/499 lb. ft of torque. At the rear wheels!!! Bought sight unseen, flew to NY, picked it up and drove straight home the same day. Best in the 1/4 mile 12.2 @ 119 mph.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode