Hello hello!!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 453
Hello hello!!!

Some might know me as chaa/ferrarispider Some/most may not
But here i am. Originaly left this site 3 years ago but Sy (Angelis) tells me things have changed. So...game on
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Hello and welcome

I.m only year old (in more ways than one) so I don't know you.

Tell something about the old days grandpa...What made you quit? Was it really that bad?

Lane

BTW Sweet 355 and is that a Nero Mondial?

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #3 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I mate, the black car is a 308 GT4 that my son and i saw out side a little place that we had a drink at on the way to Lemans two weeks ago. In the other picture is Stu Pattons F430 Scud with my car on the Mulssain straight two weeks ago on whats called "mad friday". I took that Scud up and down the Mulssain straight a couple of times with my son,thanks to Stus kindness. Cool guy
I left this site back then because it was so hard work to get anything in the way of banter going. But Sy has told me its changed hands now and have a different crew running things.
Not part of any forum for the past few years really, my only forum is called "187 But now i am here.

post #4 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
We can be a pretty lively bunch...Humor hijacks just about any thread in the general or drivers sections. We try to keep the car sections for serious questions...although it doesn't always work like that. Its a cool place to hang with a very diverse crowd. Young, old, fat, skinny, real car connesieurs, and porker drivers. (tehehe).

Welcome again and jump in anyplace you feel a comment.

P.S. you'll get a more personal experience if you complete your user info

Lane

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #5 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
welcome, great to know you're back

and stunning car, that F355!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #6 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ciao Chaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Some might know me as chaa/ferrarispider Some/most may not
But here i am. Originaly left this site 3 years ago but Sy (Angelis) tells me things have changed. So...game on
Heard of you from the other sites you may know me as Night Life from other sites...lol...

Welcome back this place is pretty cool with great people.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #7 of 20 Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Hello Chaz and welcome back to the forum. I have only been here for 8 months, so I don't know you. But I am sure I will in time.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #8 of 20 Old 06-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 603
Nice to see you on here Chaz.

I've known Chaz for what seems like years and he's a top bloke in my books. Always make a great contribution to any forum he joins.

Unfortunatly he owns a funny coloured 355.

Guess no ones's perfect.

I am so tempted to start photoshopping again though.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
Nice to see you on here Chaz.

I've known Chaz for what seems like years and he's a top bloke in my books. Always make a great contribution to any forum he joins.

Unfortunatly he owns a funny coloured 355.

Guess no ones's perfect.

I am so tempted to start photoshopping again though.
Chaz, Welcome back to FLife.
post #10 of 20 Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 183
Glad to see you are posting Chaz ....... I will try to spend more time here as well ...............
post #11 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Goth baby
post #12 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Owner

Quote:
Hi Goth baby
Hey chaz ..................... how is the 355 ?
post #13 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner

355s great mate but not used it since summers end. Been jotting around in the 360 spider most the time as well as the F430 of the Estates. I see your cars looking fantastic, nice grill And i like the keys dude
post #14 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Owner

Quote:
355s great mate but not used it since summers end. Been jotting around in the 360 spider most the time as well as the F430 of the Estates. I see your cars looking fantastic, nice grill And i like the keys dude
Thanks man !!! How is the 360 doing? Have you done any work to it ?
post #15 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Owner

No every thing is as standard mate. I am not spending a penny on any of my machines anymore.
By the way i have passed my PPL (Helicopter) in march of this year. Qualified on the R44s.
Cant afford one to buy one though and far from qualifying to fly the bosses agusta 109 just yet. Bloody expensive buissnes. But am totting up my hours.
post #16 of 20 Old 11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Owner

Quote:
No every thing is as standard mate. I am not spending a penny on any of my machines anymore.
By the way i have passed my PPL (Helicopter) in march of this year. Qualified on the R44s.
Cant afford one to buy one though and far from qualifying to fly the bosses agusta 109 just yet. Bloody expensive buissnes. But am totting up my hours.
Freakin great!! Yes racking hours is good in aviavtion !! I wish you many hundreds of hours in your future !!! Can you post some pics of these birds you are flying?

Once I finish my exhaust I will be doing more driving than maintenence. I will post some sound vids soon after that .....
post #17 of 20 Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothspeed View Post
Freakin great!! Yes racking hours is good in aviavtion !! I wish you many hundreds of hours in your future !!! Can you post some pics of these birds you are flying?

Once I finish my exhaust I will be doing more driving than maintenence. I will post some sound vids soon after that .....
What is more expensive, motor racing or aviation ?
post #18 of 20 Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Dont know about motor sport mate. But i do know that the R44 that i learnt on are nothing to run compared to my bosses Agusta 109. As well as the fuel its the servicing that has to be maintained no matter what after designated flying hours. Thats why aviators are fanatic regarding keeping good log books.
post #19 of 20 Old 11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Pulled this off the US TopGear site. Just in time for 2009 Budgetting:

Really Rich Racing

By Piers Ward
Nov 10 `08|
If, for tax reasons, you need to work through the proceeds from your latest company sale posthaste, there are few more efficient ways than motor racing.
Not only do you have to buy the car in the first place (and these things never, ever come cheap) but you've also then got to run it for at least a season. Plus testing, of course, and you'll need fancy overalls, your mechanics should really all be in team gear. Oh, and the road car you turn up in...it goes without saying that it'll have to match the racing wheels.
And these things should come with some sort of health warning. Motorsport is a highly addictive pastime, so you'll spend ages away from home trying to iron out the last few tenths, talking to your engineers, maybe even glad-handing some famous ex-F1 stars.
This would be fine, but that company won't run itself, and Mrs. Billionaire doesn't take too kindly to being left with the dogs every other weekend. So not only will you have to regularly fork out to repair the latest crash damage, or rebuild your engine, but your miffed other half will need regular sparkly gifts to keep her sweet. Hell, buy something for the dog while you're at it.
Strictly speaking, the overwhelming majority of racing drivers in the world are Gentlemen Drivers. Only a sacred few can take it to this level, where the playing becomes so serious that the boundary between racing and the personal becomes blurred, and you try to make the next company purchase fit your racing schedule.
Don't say we didn't warn you.
722 Trophy
If you need exclusivity, then the 722 Trophy guarantees it. Pesky crowds are banned, you'll only be at the event with other fabulously well-heeled 722 owners, you'll get to wine and dine with a couple of ex-F1 drivers who compete alongside you, and only 21 Trophy cars are going to be built. And, to top it all, you only need give 48 hours' notice before you want your car, and it'll be ready for you to test at Paul Ricard, at whatever time of the year. The circuit's even got its own runway, so you don't need to mix with the proles at Nice airport. Billionaires, this kind of racing was made for you. Sign up, and do it quickly.
Cost of car: $1.2 million
Budget for season: $134,900
Number of races: 6
Bangs for bucks: $218,500 per race
Jaguar XJ220C
The XJ220 road car might have been a commercial disaster, but that didn't stop people from going racing in them. TWR had a hand in developing them, and a few wealthy amateurs raced them. Most went to pros for Le Mans.
Cost of car: approx. $950,000
Budget for season: approx. $1.5 million
Number of races: 1
Bangs for bucks: approx. $2.5 million per race
Citation Cup
The Citation Cup is great because you get to compete against pro racers in FIA GT. The winner gets a three-hour trip in a jet. Which you'll already own.
Cost of car: $1.1 million
Budget for season: $3 million
Number of races: 10
Bangs for bucks: $418,000 per race
Aston Martin DBR9
The Aston DBR9 is more for the pro Gentleman Racer, if one exists. Not only is it such a hard-core beast that you'll require a full-fledged team to run it, but you'll be competing against some serious drivers. Of all the Astons, this is the only one for the seriously ambitious billionaires among you. An engine alone costs $190,000, and a rebuild is $85,000. You'll have to do that about every three miles, which makes the DBR9 pence-per-mile running costs somewhere north of the Apollo moon missions.
Budget for season: $3 million
Bangs for bucks: $696,667 per race
Aston Martin DBRS9
If you've never raced before, the DBRS9 is the tool for you. Apart from anything else, this GT3 car is easier to run, so, in theory, you could do it from your garden shed. Sort of. But you'll be reassured to know that Aston will supply an engineer just for you, if you so desire.
Cost of car: $332,500
Budget for season: $570,000
Bangs for bucks: $150,417 per race
Aston N24
The N24 gets a one-make series in Asia, supporting the local Grand Prix when it's over there. But 47 N24s were sold around the world up to 2007, so exclusivity is lacking.
Cost of car: $174,800
Budget for season: $152,000
Number of races: 7
Bangs for bucks: $46,685 per race
Jaguar XJR-15
Perish the thought of racing that common XJ220C. The XJR-15 is far more expensive, only 50 were made, it has the proper V12 engine and the winner of the third race got $1,000,000...and that was back in '92.
Budget for season: approx. $1.9 million
Number of races: 3
Bangs for bucks: $1 million per race
Lamborghini Diablo SVR
One for the extravagant billionaire. Lamborghini created the Diablo Supertrophy in 1996 (not for Lambo, just an ordinary trophy), and more than 30 cars were built. Power was up over the normal car, but some were later converted into road cars.
Cost of car: approx. $228,000
Budget for season: approx. $153,900
Number of races: 7
Bangs for bucks: approx. $54,557 per race
Group C
The trouble with some of these series is that you're forging your own path. And, as amateurs, that's not exactly paved with gold. Far better to follow in more successful footsteps. The beauty of Group C racing is that you can actually compete in the very car with which Derek Bell won Le Mans. And you'll blow an R16 into the tires. This is raw, exposed racing, and you'll feel better for it.
Cost of car: $1.9 million
Budget for season: $285,000
Bangs for bucks: $364,167 per race
Gallardo GT3
Don't be fooled by that relatively cheap price tag on the Gallardo GT3 car. There are more expensive cars to go racing in this category with, but we know of one guy who's needed to, shall we say, "heavily repair" five engines so far this year. Even for a billionaire, that's gotta start to sting a bit. Still, you do get a more powerful engine, and the exhaust note is adjustable. Very showy.
Cost of car: $304,000
Budget for season: $475,000
Bangs for bucks: $129,833 per race
Ferrari Challenge
The really scary thing about the Ferrari Challenge is that if you spin into the gravel, you'll need to change all the brake discs and pads. And that costs $76,000.
Cost of car: $351,000
Budget for season: $760,000
Number of races: 14
Bangs for bucks: $76,393 per race
Ferrari FXX
This development program for Ferrari is an invite-only event that's when you know you've really made it. Last year Ferrari brought out the FXX Evoluzione, which upped the power but, of course, you needed to pay for it. Everyone did.
Cost of car: $2.3 million
Budget for season: Included in car cost
Number of events: 3 per year
Bangs for bucks: $760,000 per event
Le Mans
Le Mans is why GT racing remains the category of choice for the Gentleman Driver. Sure, you can buy a seat in an F3 team, but let's face it, money alone won't get you into F1. In GT racing, you do a season in the LMS, then the Le Mans organizers look favorably on you and you get to compete in the greatest endurance race in the world. If racing is about massaging the ego, few events do it better than Le Mans. Of course, an entry doesn't come cheap. Not only is there the cost of Le Mans itself, but it's always oversubscribed so an LMS season means you'll be looked on more favorably.
Cost of team: $1.1 million
Budget for season: $1.5 million
Bangs for bucks: $2.7 million per race
post #20 of 20 Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Pulled this off the US TopGear site. Just in time for 2009 Budgetting:

Really Rich Racing

Jaguar XJ220C
The XJ220 road car might have been a commercial disaster, but that didn't stop people from going racing in them. TWR had a hand in developing them, and a few wealthy amateurs raced them. Most went to pros for Le Mans.
Cost of car: approx. $950,000
Budget for season: approx. $1.5 million
Bangs for bucks: approx. $2.5 million per race
I remember seeing this race it was awesome something like four crashes through out the race and e very time the announcers were cringing in their seats. At the time they were the most expensive and fastest cars in the world.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode