New here - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-17-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 29
New here

I've posted a couple of times in the last week or so and have not really introduced myself. My name Is GS Johnson and I am in the market to buy my first Ferrari. I first fell in love with the Dino 246GT when I was 18 years old and I have always told myself that I will someday own a Ferrari before I die. I am now 55 years old I am looking at buying a 512tr, although I may settle for a late Testa if the right car falls in my lap. I am originally from the Shelby/Mustang and 60 & 70s Muscle Ford era cars. I have restored many of these cars on a rotisserie and I am beginning to liquidate some of my collection to make room for my new Italian baby. I am also a former FIA, IMSA and SCCA National license holder and began my racing career in 1974 running Fiat 124 Sport Coupes in B Sedan. So, Italian cars are not completely new to me. I built all of my own race cars and I have run the likes of such road course tracks as Watkins Glen, Road America, Sebring, Daytona, Riverside, Road Atlanta and a host of other North American Tracks. The highlight of my Racing Career was running an IMSA 6 hour endurance race at Riverside with Parnelli Jones as my co-driver in a 300ZX Turbo where he & I spanked the entire 95 car field. But, in the end I was not the lucky sperm and my carrer faded away with my age. Now, I am an old washed up race car driver who still loves the thrill of true performance road cars. I enjoy my 996 Carrera, but it is not a Ferrari. So, there you have it... and I am soon to join the Ferrari ownership ranks...to own one of the finest performance road cars ever built...

Last edited by gsjohnson; 02-17-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-17-2008, 11:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
welcome, gsjohnson, please share some stories of your racing days - I never get enough of those!

I'm a frustrated driver, so I became an engineer - I blame it on my parents for not investing on my carreer like my neighbour (Nelson Piquet) did with his son hehehehehehe

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 5 Old 02-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Welcome, hope that you enjoy yourself and become a regular contributor

Archie

post #4 of 5 Old 02-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ciao and welcome

Good luck on your hunt for a TR great car, did you know it was a test model til they finally perfected the 348....

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #5 of 5 Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of encouraging words on owning a Ferrari from this site. You will not regret getting a Ferrari . It's like achieving ones childhood dreams!

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode