Hello Everybody - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Hello Everybody

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I don't own a Ferrari, but I really enjoy them. I am a college student and have an '07 Cobalt LT (Not that amazing) LOL 5 speed though. I am a Dental student at the University of Detroit Mercy, so in a few years I will be able to buy a Ferrari.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 04:52 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Chris, Welcome to the community. Jimmy, who is a dentist in Japan, has one of the nicest car collection here so your choice of profession is definitely is in line with your automotive aspirations.
post #3 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Welcome Chris,
To echo what Boxer said, my dentist just traded in his 328 for a 575.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Welcome Chris,
To echo what Boxer said, my dentist just traded in his 328 for a 575.
Welcome Chris.

My dentist must be a cheapskate, he only has a Subaru Imprezza WRX and a 911., no Ferrari.

Archie
post #5 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Uhhhh ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Chris, Welcome to the community. Jimmy, who is a dentist in Japan, has one of the nicest car collection here so your choice of profession is definitely is in line with your automotive aspirations.
Hi Boxer, I am a little ashamed to be referred to as such. A phrase like that from you is an honor indeed. Seriously, Boxer, watching your acquisitions lately, I am truly amazed and wasn't ready for it. (Personally, an F40 was very tempting but did not suit my needs and reality here in Japan. ) We all have to keep an eye on you so that you are not tempted to buy and Enzo next ??!!?? So glad to know that you are enjoying your new Fs thoroughly. Thanks again. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #6 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Owner

Welcome on board

Welcome on board, Chris. Great to see another enthusiatic member. Everyone here are helpful and I am sure you would enjoy the feedbacks. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #7 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Hi Boxer, I am a little ashamed to be referred to as such. A phrase like that from you is an honor indeed. Seriously, Boxer, watching your acquisitions lately, I am truly amazed and wasn't ready for it. (Personally, an F40 was very tempting but did not suit my needs and reality here in Japan. ) We all have to keep an eye on you so that you are not tempted to buy and Enzo next ??!!?? So glad to know that you are enjoying your new Fs thoroughly. Thanks again. w/ smiles Jimmy
Knowing his taste I don't think an Enzo will ever be in his garage. My bet is that he will now go back in time and grab a Daytona or something similar.
post #8 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Owner

But ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Knowing his taste I don't think an Enzo will ever be in his garage. My bet is that he will now go back in time and grab a Daytona or something similar.
But Andrew, I would have never imagined that Boxer would go after F50 with a F40 in his stable already. Jimmy
post #9 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
In some ways if you think about it they are at the pinnacle of cars before computers took over and he has always liked raw drivers cars like the Boxers. You can't get anymore raw than either the F40 or F50. Neither have any creature comforts, no radio, no carpet, just the bare bones to go drive.
post #10 of 31 Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Owner

Quote:
In some ways if you think about it they are at the pinnacle of cars before computers took over and he has always liked raw drivers cars like the Boxers. You can't get anymore raw than either the F40 or F50. Neither have any creature comforts, no radio, no carpet, just the bare bones to go drive.
I suppose you are correct, Andrew. I never had the opportunity to experience rides in either ones so I cannot say much, but they're so awesome, league in their own, super cars. I suppose Boxer's thirst for power and speed is insatiable. Great choices indeed. Jimmy
post #11 of 31 Old 10-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Spot on.
post #12 of 31 Old 10-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
You are right on direction. Wouldn't be any time soon but in a couple of years, a 330 GTS or a 275 GTS would make for the perfect summer cruiser. Saw great examples of both at the FOC UK Concours.

The only thing I might do in the next year is trade the 308 GTB for a 360 Challenge as I am doing quite a few track days now.
post #13 of 31 Old 10-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
I suppose you are correct, Andrew. I never had the opportunity to experience rides in either ones so I cannot say much, but they're so awesome, league in their own, super cars. I suppose Boxer's thirst for power and speed is insatiable. Great choices indeed. Jimmy
Jimmy, It is not so much the speed or power, more the purity of the total driving experience. The F50 really is as close to a road legal F1 car as you are ever going to get. It is also the last Ferrari Supercar that is not crammed full of computers.
post #14 of 31 Old 10-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Jimmy, It is not so much the speed or power, more the purity of the total driving experience. The F50 really is as close to a road legal F1 car as you are ever going to get. It is also the last Ferrari Supercar that is not crammed full of computers.
Well put, Boxer. Personally, I can live without those computer managed cars driving the driver instead of the other way around. As for the F1 experience, I know you may not be interested but Porsche Carrera GT sound is a virtual F1 music, if you get the chance to drive it. Happy driving. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #15 of 31 Old 10-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Jimmy, If I get a chance to drive a Porsche Carrera I definitely would. I know a few Enzo owners who also have them and speak very highly of the Carrera. I fear that for exactly the same reason these gentlemen like the Enzo & Carrera, I would not.
post #16 of 31 Old 10-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Hi Chrishawk4,

Welcome to the forum
post #17 of 31 Old 12-09-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Wow...I was curious as to what I posted as an introduction thread and looked back....I sure have diverged from the original path that I planned on taking. I now am a New Technology Platform Development Technician for a major tape manufacture. Slightly different then my original Dentistry route. Interesting how drastically things can change within a mere five years. I'm glad to have spent a majority of the past five years communicating with many of you on this site. It truly is amazing what technology can provide....although I have been a ghost for many months on the actual site.

Chris (for old times sake)

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #18 of 31 Old 12-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Chris- Does that mean you are not doing any dentistry on the side?

Five years can make quite a change. Having a science, math, or engineering degree does mean you are qualified to do a ton of things.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #19 of 31 Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

....maybe I am doing it on the side.... Yeah my degree in human biology led me into a research and development department dealing with adhesives...who knew At least for the time being I will be working with this company. It will not fuel my ability to purchase a Ferrari....however my students loans have already taken that wish from anytime in the foreseeable future. I will most likely be going back within the next couple years and attain a chemistry degree.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #20 of 31 Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Well, from what I can read between the lines you're happy with where you are at the moment, which is the main thing.

It wasn't only you that diverged from their path, I see Boxer still hasn't gone the 275/330GTS route...

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode