This can (or have) happens to you !!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 09-19-2007, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
This can (or have) happens to you !!!

Hi, to all Ferraristas here from Austria/Europe

First i want to introduce myself :My Name is Harry i am 42 Years young and live 30 miles far from Vienna.
I drive Italian Cars for nearly 25Years most of them where Alfas, i did some short breaks with other Brands but after a short while it gets me back to "my" italians.
In 99 i bought my first Maserati a 89 222E, drove it for 2 Years then sold it, and bought a 95 Ghibli GT cause i liked the Understatement of the Maseratis.
The Ghibli was a nice Car but i dont now why i didnt have that Relationship to him what i expect before i bought it so i sold him too 2 Months ago.
I didnt look for another car cause i use as Daily Driver a Alfa 166 and own also a 1970 Alfa Berlina 1750 and a 1979 Alfa Spider2000.

Last Week a friend of mine who is a Exotic Car Mechanic ,also on Ferraris,
walk by and told me from an Mondial T who is owned by a bank who had it from a cardealer who was bankruptcy, and the Car stays in a Garage since3 Years undriven just awaked a few weeks ago.

My first tought was iiii a Ferrari who was for me always a Yuppie Car owned by richparents Kids or older Men who try to imptess young womens or whatever. That was one Reasen why i choose Maseratis cause also Enzo Ferrari says one Time: Playboys drive Ferraris,Gentlemens drives Maseratis.
And i also says: A Mondial , it isnt that pretty, but i also say i would take a Testdrive only to compare the Ferrari to the Ghibli i sold before.

So last Week i go to the Shop of my Friend to do a free Testride, parked the Alfa outside and then i saw HER.
Hmm,she look much more pretty in Person as on Pictures i tought to myself when i looked on her in the shiny red paint the Black leather and the 17" 348 Alloys.
Ok lets go says my buddy and pass me the key and we get in thecar.
My first impresson was, why she had that wonderful leathersmell after that years ,my 2004 Alfa or even the Maserati don't have that magic smell and they are much younger.
So we get on the street i cruise around with 2500 rpm and then put the pedal down anf after i passed 4900rpm i took the foot from the pedal and say that the cars power ist much poorer than the maserati and whre are the Horsepowers are hidden?!
My friend says , hey that is a street legal racecar - go use her- she is no twinurbo she needs rpms , the music starts at 6000 !:-) but i didnt want to try it in the friday afternoontraffic.The Sound was much more agressive as i heard it from cars before and: i liked it!.

After the drive I stand alone in the Dawn with her, listen to the cooling down engine, as longer as i looked at her that more i liked her.
i walked around again lay my hand on the frontfender and when i do that i had a feeling who i can only compare this way: when you drink a good grappa(or maybe a Jack D.) and after the drink pass your throat you have the warm feeling in your stomach! :-) that was the moment when all toughts about ferrari was gone and i was shure there is no other way as to take her home! :-)

didnt watch out what my friend says like last of the mondials,41250 miles ,348 engine , stainless steel sportexhaust,price $15.394, repairbills for $12530,one year warranty for the car and the ownerbank will pay a timingbelt change also cause it had only 400miles on it but was 3 years old and should be replaced.

well i hat sleepless nights till i can take her home , that wasnt new for me i had it by past cars also but now i have sleepless nights also till i see ,feel hear, smell her again( dont drive her daily)and THIS is new for me!

i drive here around last weekend for about 250 miles with nothing special destination and as longer i drive her as more i fall in love with her,and she give me the first present:after i fill up the gas and after drive a while she accelerate faster and faster; after a while wondering i found the reason- the gas at my testdrive was 3 years old! :-)

yesterday i drove to the garage where i stored here cause i cant wait till the weekend comes withoud sittin in her and feelin her-are i am crazy know and shall visit a doctor?

Another little Reason was that my attidude about the the ferraridrivers changed after a while i read in that forum , i never meet so openminded people in a forum than here at the ferrari forum, i like that respect for each other i missed in other discoussionsgroups .

so to the rest of the world: call me playboy ,yuppie, old fart or whatever i will take it all - for HER!

But take care because it can happen to you too!

Sincerly
Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Great story Harry, and welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Ferrari

Archie
post #3 of 19 Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
I enjoyed reading that Congratulations on your Ferrari, may you enjoy her many more years!

edit: Do you have pictures of your stable? I'd love to see them

It's an instant classic. It's an iron fist in a velvet glove. It's a Ferrari.

post #4 of 19 Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Harry, Great story and welcome.
post #5 of 19 Old 09-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Awesome story Harry and welcome

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #6 of 19 Old 09-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Harry...welcome to the Ferrari support group……….

We have all been bitten by the Italian Cavalino fly and been infected with the Enzo Ferrari disease. Here you will meet some with the Ferrari jitters and shake like me (Cant wait to get one) and others that are in weekly treatments because they own one. So welcome to our group…

P.S. that was an awesome story, I love to hear those. It makes me feel good to hear about someone's first experience buying one and how they felt about it.

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #7 of 19 Old 09-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Welcome to Ferrari Life. Great story, I hope you get years of enjoyment and more stories.
post #8 of 19 Old 09-22-2007, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

thank you all..

for those warm welcome, i will shoot a few pix this weekend and post it soon.

best regards

Harry
post #9 of 19 Old 09-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Great story. Enjoy your car, once you have a Ferrari I think it is difficult to get it out of the system, if not impossible.
post #10 of 19 Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

here are some pics,

hope you like it.

sincerly

harry
Attached Images

post #11 of 19 Old 09-30-2007, 02:27 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondial93 View Post
hope you like it.

sincerly

harry
Harry, the Mondial looks very good with those 348 wheels. Realy fresh

It's an instant classic. It's an iron fist in a velvet glove. It's a Ferrari.
post #12 of 19 Old 10-12-2007, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

thank you

basman!
post #13 of 19 Old 10-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
What a nice story, Harry. I share a lot of your tastes and opinions - old Alfas, the gorgeous understatedness of the Maseratis, the Ferrari image which can sometimes be a bit difficult to live with. My older brother was hesitant about buying a Ferrari because of that reason, but once he had his 328GTS, there was no turning back! What a lovely machine. I have now joined the community of owners as well, and so far almost all experiences with the 550 have been wonderful. As you say, the majority of the owners are very welcoming and not at all snobbish. It is a wonderful sharing of the love for the beauty of these machines.

Your Mondial looks great, and I hope you enjoy her in good health for many years to come. Those V8s are wonderful! Living near Vienna, you have many twisty roads you can take her on - I'm jealous!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #14 of 19 Old 04-27-2008, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

A little Wheel Upgrade on my Mondial T

3 Piece OZ Alloys
Attached Images

post #15 of 19 Old 04-27-2008, 10:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Harry, looks much better with the new shoes, congratulations!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #16 of 19 Old 04-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Looks fantastic Harry

Archie
post #17 of 19 Old 04-27-2008, 11:27 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondial93 View Post
3 Piece OZ Alloys
Beatiful car, and welcome to FL Harry!

Anders
post #18 of 19 Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Welcome to Ferrarilife!!! Beautiful Mondial. Great rims

Chris

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #19 of 19 Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 45
Thanks so much for sharing this great story with us. It sure does sound like love to me. =)

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode