Tony Johnson from Orlando - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-08-2007, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Tony Johnson from Orlando

Greetings all,

I am Tony Johnson living in Orlando Florida. I am a circuit judge currently assigned to the juvenile division. Adjunt law professor at Barry Law School in Orlando (shark trainer).

Born and raised in a small town in north Florida, joined the Marines at 17 out of high school and got a tour of Vietnam. Went to college in Washington DC while working as a police officer for 5.5 years. Patrol, undercover organized crime investitgation (pagan motorcycle gang) for a year, special operations (swat) then detective till I returned to Florida.

Special Agent US Secret Service for two years assigned to the Tampa field office. Left to attend law school at Stetson. Worked as a prosecutor for 3 years before being elected to the county bench in 1984, elected to the circuit bench in 1997.

I own and fly a 1942 Taylorcraft L2 that retired from the Army after the war. I am building an experimental aircraft (Vans RV8A), also rated in gliders and seaplanes.

Ride a Harley Fatboy and still own a 1971 Triumph Trophy 500 motorcycle I bought new as well as a 1973 MGB that I bought new.

Served in the Navy Reserve as an intelligence officer for 27 years and will retire next year as a Captain. It was a great 27 years which included travel all over the world including one extended stay in Bosnia and 4 trips to the middle east.

I plan to retire in a few years to the beach, probably Anna Maria Island Florida, and spend time in a cabin I will build on Linville Mountain NC. I also intend to spend some time in my favorite part of the planet, the alps where i have done some climbing. I climbed Kilimanjaro to celebrate me 50th birthday, of course that is in Africa.

I am seriously looking for a 308GTSi QV, red/tan.

Life is good

I have only been a member of this forum for a day and have already benefited greatly from the knowledge I have found here.

I look forward to exchanging information with you guys (and perhaps gals) although it will be mostly a one way exchange for awhile since I am a Ferrari newbie and learning as I go.

It is a pleasure to be here with you.

Tony

Last edited by tonyjohnson; 08-08-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 64
Just want to say, thanks for serving our country, and a fine man like yourself deserves a fine car, and a 308GTSi is a fine car.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-08-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

thank you

Thank you Firebanshee for your kind words.

A country in which a poor kid from a small town can grow up to own a Ferrari is worth defending and serving and it has been my pleasure and honor to do so. My country paid me back by financing my education, an opportunity I would not otherwise have had.

Last edited by tonyjohnson; 08-08-2007 at 06:26 PM.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebanshee View Post
Just want to say, thanks for serving our country, and a fine man like yourself deserves a fine car, and a 308GTSi is a fine car.

Tony, I'm not an American, I'm British, but I still echo what Firebanshee says as we enjoy the same values and freedoms as our US cousins. Get your Ferrari and enjoy it:drive:

Archie
post #5 of 8 Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Tony,

Welcome to the site, glad you have found the information helpful.

Regards,

Andrew
post #6 of 8 Old 08-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Welcome, just come back from your fine State on Monday gone. Love it and the people.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-09-2007, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Archie and Malcqv,

Thanks for the welcome. We are indeed cousins, my relatives once lived in your land and I have visited there several times, including a couple of months at RAF Molesworth in the Midlands. I have also worked with your SAS and SBS guys in different places around the world and have great respect for them. In fact I have a green SBS beret proudly displayed on the shelf in my study that was a gift from them.

Malcq, I am glad that you enjoyed Florida, I was born here and very much enjoy living here.

Cheers,

Tony

Older whisky, younger women, and faster airplanes (and cars)
post #8 of 8 Old 08-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Well I envy what you have done and where you live. I hope you get that 308

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode