Hi from Seoul, Korea - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-04-2007, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Hi from Seoul, Korea

Hello from Seoul, South Korea ~

I was born in Korea but grew up in Fort Lee, NJ and was working and living in Chicago till 2001 than my job brought me back to my homeland and have been here since ~

Recently joined the forum to get some information since Im about to purchase my first Ferrari; two cars Im looking at are:-

1) 2004 360 BLACK Mondena - owner upgraded the front bumper to the Stradale bumper and also the wheels to the Stradale wheels; also has a upgraded exhaust (clysec? Not sure about the spelling) 20,000km ==> asking price around 155,000 USD.

2) 2004 360 RED Mondena everything stock; 20,000km ==> asking price around 143,000 USD.

Will end up making a decision next week ==> guys any thoughts?

Anyway, I currently drive a BMW X5 (will hold on to it); werent into cars for a long time (39 yrs old and was married) but two years ago got a divorce, started to enjoy life as single again and hence here I am.

Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that I think you guys have a great forum going on here.

:drive:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Hi brucewayne!! Welcome. I've spent a fair amount of time in Korea myself on shipbuilding projects. We built 3 drillships over at Samsung Heavy Industries in Koje and then 2 semi-submersible offshore drilling units at Hyundai Heavy Industries in Ulsan.

For those cars I'd say either one sounds like a fine car and the asking prices seem fair. I'm sure they are both stunning cars but I'd get the one that when you first saw it you went, "WOW!"

Of course don't use that word in front of the dealer, it puts price negotiation in his favor. Just nod your head thoughtfully a bit, stroke your chin and go, "Hmmm. It might work. I, I just don't know." Of course on the inside you will be giggling like a schoolgirl.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 10 Old 08-05-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome Pete ~

Koje and Ulsan ==> wow I haven't even been there yet ~

As for the decision will let you know what happens ~

post #4 of 10 Old 08-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 250
Bruce Wayne,
Are Ferrari's rarely seen in South Korea?
post #5 of 10 Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Julian -

There is an area in Seoul called 'Gang-Nam' this is were you will see a lot of super cars (Ferraris, Porsches, etc.) ~

We had a offical Ferrari delaer but they went out of business; not becuase no one was buying but apparently the company 'Kuzplus' went behind Ferraris back and did something that was against corporate regulations hence Ferrari strip their delaership. Right now there is another company in talks with Ferrari to get a contract signed.

Offical Lamborghini delaership will be coming in this fall; we've already had a porsche dealership for a while now ~

As for the amount of super cars in the market ==> not much; as I was searching for a Modena I could only locate about 7 cars for sale (whole country wide search)

For an update the two cars listed above after a mechanical and insurance company check ==> found out both were in accidents hence my search goes on; just looked at a 03 Modena with 13000km (metalic sky blue color; not sure what the offical name for this color is) yesterday not too crazy about the color; interetsing thing I've noticed about this one was it did not have the yellow ferrari badge on the side; the owner explained that the badge was a 8000 USD option and did not go for it??? (wants 149000 USD for the car) I also saw a 03 black 575M with 13000km the owner wants 160000 USD for it but as everybody knows they are totally different cars and hence I am in a dileam again.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
How difficult would it be to import a car from Malaysia or Singapore? You might want to search there as well.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Or even Japan? It must have a larger supply of used Ferrari's and is geographically closer.

Archie
post #8 of 10 Old 10-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Hi and welcome to the forum!
post #9 of 10 Old 12-28-2007, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Hi -

Ended up getting the 2004 360 RED Mondena everything stock; 20,000km.

I had it for 4 months now and love ~

I also did the following mods to it.
1) GruppeM Intakes
2) Tubi Exhaust
3) Front Stradale Grill
4) Stradale Stripes
5) Novitec Wheels

My digital camera broke so I'm loading pictures taken from my cell phone will update once I get a better camera.

Attached Images

post #10 of 10 Old 12-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ciao tutti

WOW!! she is a beauty love those stripes enjoy keep posting.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode