Ferrari Life - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-14-2007, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Ferrari Life

Hello to everyone. I'm a new member and a potential Ferrari customer. Do I have the money for a Ferrari? No. But what I would like to know is the everyday driving of your Ferraris. I plan on buying a Red on Black F430 Spider if I do have the means to do so, but I'm an Audi man. I'm in love with the A8, specifically the S8. So I was thinking of having the 430 Spider as a second car. What I would like to know though is how it is living with a Ferrari. I'm not the kind of guy who would only take it out on weekends/sunny days. I would love to drive a car everyday. Do any of you do that? Are Ferraris reliable? I have heard numerous cases about the 360's engine catching fire at speeds of 125 mph for some reason. This is scaring me away along with F1 gearbox problems, paint peeling, and the engine heating too much. Anyway, I prefer a Ferrari over a Lamborghini since those are just center of attention magnets. Player haters is what I heard Ferrari owners run into a lot. Last but not least, what is your everyday car? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-14-2007, 03:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 13
Hello, I own a Red F430 with Black Leather, F1 Gearbox and my daily car is a 2006 Audi RS4. I have only recently purchased the Ferrari, but my Dad has had many throughout the years (348, 355, 360, 575 SuperAmerica) and he only encountered problems with the 348. He has had the 575 for just over a year now, and he has had no problems whatsoever in the 5,000miles he has covered.
I have only had my 430 for just over a month, but I have already covered just over 1600 miles but it only comes out when the weather is dry. I initially bought it as a weekend car, but I simply cannot resist taking it out for a blast if it is a lovely evening. In this short time of Ferrari ownership, no problems have arose.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode