Hello - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-30-2007, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Hello

Greetings fellow Ferrari owner's or rather future owners. I do not own a Ferrari's as of yet, but am planning to purchase one perhaps in the next year or 2.

I would like to get a F360 spider but my funds only allow me to get a used F355 (97-99).

I am from NJ work in a Pharmaceutical company. My wife and I make a decent living. Have a teen-ager in HS. Own a house with 4 cars and a motorcycle.

I am looking forward to getting acquainted with fellow Ferrari enthusiasts and learning from their experiences.

Last edited by monza; 05-30-2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Wrong Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Welcome to the site, you've come to the right place. You might be able to get a 360 for a good price in another year or two as the car has not fully depreciated. You can't go wrong with a F355 either, it is still one of my favorite Ferraris and I think looks better than a 360.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 46
Welcom monza,

Good luck on your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO View Post
You can't go wrong with a F355
I agree with Enzo 355s look great!

1995 F355B
1966 Porsche 912
2006 Range Rover Sport

post #4 of 6 Old 05-31-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo250GTO View Post
Welcome to the site, you've come to the right place. You might be able to get a 360 for a good price in another year or two as the car has not fully depreciated. You can't go wrong with a F355 either, it is still one of my favorite Ferraris and I think looks better than a 360.
That would be great. I am not so sure if I can still afford the 360. I still like the old school front end of the F355. Although with the new aerodynamic styling of the F360, its sure to last and look like a newer model for decades to come.

What would you consider as fair price ranges for current F355 Spider and predicted prices for next year or late fall this year.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by monza View Post
I still like the old school front end of the F355. Although with the new aerodynamic styling of the F360, its sure to last and look like a newer model for decades to come.
Welcome Monza…

The 360 is a very nice car, but until you see a 355 in front of you, it still looks like a new model. It’s such a rare car on the road that people will ask you “is it new???” to us Ferrari addicts we all know it isn’t but not to everyone else…I personally love the front look of the TR/348/355, all very similar, you either love it or hate it. On the other hand, I have seen a 360 and I still can’t fall in love with the front, something wrong with the huge lights and the front bumper vents look funny. This is why I love the 430, the lights are slim and the front vents go more towards the center of the car and are painted like it’s a shadow or something…pretty cool!

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful car, great power, handling, sweet interior, first of the broken mold of TR/348/355. But wait a little while, the prices will be falling and since so many were made (most models ever produced by Ferrari) you will have a huge selection to choose from at various prices. Since so many were built people who are selling them are probably moving up to a 430, so this can lead to a better deal because the owner wants a newer one.

Anyways, welcome to the Forum and hope to see you jump into our conversations !!!

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #6 of 6 Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
Welcome Monza…

The 360 is a very nice car, but until you see a 355 in front of you, it still looks like a new model. It’s such a rare car on the road that people will ask you “is it new???” to us Ferrari addicts we all know it isn’t but not to everyone else…I personally love the front look of the TR/348/355, all very similar, you either love it or hate it. On the other hand, I have seen a 360 and I still can’t fall in love with the front, something wrong with the huge lights and the front bumper vents look funny. This is why I love the 430, the lights are slim and the front vents go more towards the center of the car and are painted like it’s a shadow or something…pretty cool!
~
I indeed have the same sentiments about the new style ferrari brought about the 360's front end design. The front end kind of reminds me of the porsche's front end. Like the new era of the benz's new headlamp debut in the late 90's, I hated it at first but eventually liked it enough for us to buy a clk320.

I do agree that the 360 has a better and more luxurious interior compared to the 348/355 models. But I am not looking for comfort driving a ferrari. I am for the pure pleasure of the engine sound, performance and ofcourse having a ferrari parked in my garage . But who knows, I am really itching to get my ferrari within a year. If the 360's were in the used price range of $65K-85K, I would go for it. Highly unlikely yet, but maybe in a maybe a couple years or more.

How do you like the rear engine hatch of the 430. I think it has too much glass showing the engine.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode