New Members Introduction - Page 7 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 253 Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Dave, Congratulations. Can you tell us a bit more about the 328? Is it a US or Euro model ? Where did you find it ?
Ok.. my first 2 embarrassing questions right out of the gate...

Why would any Euro model 328's be in the US (how many are there?)?

........and........

Did I buy one?

Last edited by Dave328; 11-21-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 253 Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave328 View Post
Thanks for the welcomes. Heres the link to my car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-...QQcmdZViewItem
Per the pictures, look to be in terrific shape. Did you see the invoice for the cambelt change ?
post #123 of 253 Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Per the pictures, look to be in terrific shape. Did you see the invoice for the cambelt change ?

Right. Of course.."Per the pictures.." are the operative words. I've not seen the car, and I've heard, there can be a wide difference in pictures of a car, and the condition of the car itself. We'll find out together I guess. Still about 10 days until delievery.

see pm for particulars...I thought, once I got the car, I might take it over to my mechanic, and let him give it the once over. LOL I'll be happy if it runs.

post #124 of 253 Old 11-22-2007, 05:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave328 View Post
Ok.. my first 2 embarrassing questions right out of the gate...

Why would any Euro model 328's be in the US (how many are there?)?

........and........

Did I buy one?
not sure about the 328, but some there are some rare models (like the F50) that are not US Spec but still were imported to the USA

your is US Spec, and a good looking one, congratulations! I hope the car is in good shape like it seems to be!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #125 of 253 Old 11-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 29
New dude

I am slowly starting to realize how huge this site is and how much information and fun all of the threads contain. Thought I might say hello here as well since this seems to be the appropriate place for it.
I'm a 45 year young guy residing in a little small town some 70 miles north of Stockholm called Sigtuna. I live here with my wife and kids and I/we have a genuine and long passion for sportscars in general and Italian such, like Ferrari and De Tomaso especially. I have already met some of you nice people at the F355 thread, since this is the car of choice for me. I ended up purchasing a black beauty with tan interior little over a week ago and now it's in the shop for service and beltchange. I have the extrodinary luck to live not more than 15 miles away from a very good dealership/mechanic, so I will keep a close eye on how things emerge and I also consider myself lucky to be able to really look inside the car right after buying it since motor is coming out for the procedure. I will make sure to take plenty of pics since they were nice enough to invite me to spend time as much as I wanted. A rare invite in the automotive world. I posted some pics of the car on the f355 ownershipthread so I won't bore you with more here.
Anyways, it's nice to be here and meet all you guys and I look forward to hearing from you and your adventures as well.

All the best

Panterauffe

1997 f355 Spider
1980 De Tomaso Pantera GTS
post #126 of 253 Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 AM

Panterauffe, welcome! I visited Stockholm a few days ago, really beautiful city, and the same goes for Sweden (including swedish girls hehehehehe)

And do share your pictures and experiences with us, we never get enough of it! hehehehehe

post #127 of 253 Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine View Post
Panterauffe, welcome! I visited Stockholm a few days ago, really beautiful city, and the same goes for Sweden (including swedish girls hehehehehe)

And do share your pictures and experiences with us, we never get enough of it! hehehehehe

Wow.... you were here. Pity we didn't know eachother sooner, could have invited you over if I only knew. Next time let me know in advance, ok. What was the purpose of your visit? Swedish girls, hahahaha

Panterauffe

2003 360 Spider

1997 f355 Spider "sold"
1980 De Tomaso Pantera GTS,
2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
post #128 of 253 Old 11-27-2007, 03:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 16
Hello everyone!!

My name is Darren i live in Monaco, i have 12 years in detailing experience on cars from Aston's to Zonda's i also detail private aircraft some of which are valued @ $50 million!

I have a detailing workshop in Monaco & use SWISSVAX products so if you have any Q's please drop me a message i would be happy to help you all out with tips etc!

i have posted a few pictures of some of the cars ive done recently - hope you like them

Regards

D
Attached Images

post #129 of 253 Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panterauffe View Post
Wow.... you were here. Pity we didn't know eachother sooner, could have invited you over if I only knew. Next time let me know in advance, ok. What was the purpose of your visit? Swedish girls, hahahaha

Yes, a shame, but I just spend a few days there, it would be hard to meet...

Not sure when I'm coming back, I live far away (in Brazil) and don't really have much business in Stockholm, just went there to get to know Sweden (Svenska, right?) a little!

But if things don't work out with my girlfriend I'll have a great reason to go back, then I'll let you know! hehehehehe

post #130 of 253 Old 12-05-2007, 10:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Hi, my name is Joe ( Giovanni ) and i'm Italian.

I love sports car, and i hope to drive a ferrari soon. ( now i drive a porsche ).

I apologize for my bad english.

Compliments to all for this marvellous site!

Bye
Joe
post #131 of 253 Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 AM

Welcome, Giovanni!

Hope you can find help and fun here

post #132 of 253 Old 12-05-2007, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Joe,

Welcome to the site.
post #133 of 253 Old 12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Bad English??? Where? Welcome.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #134 of 253 Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 PM

Thanks to all!

I would approach Ferrari's world with a Maranello or a 456gt ( I promised my wife that next car will have four seats ), Even if my dream is a f40.

Recently I had a test ( few days ) with a 550 that gave me quite a few problems, I think due to a use not properly correct the previous owner (and low maintenance).

The strong indecision stems from the fact that I travel several kilometers, and I know that the maintenance is really expensive.

The charm of a Ferrari, though, is not Certainly comparable to that of porsche that I had (very good car for everyday use, but with a lower appeal).

Another problem is found in italy a 550 with a few kilometers and possibly red ( All those that I found are gray with at least 60000 km ).

Now I do a tour of the site to admire your jewels!

Bye
Joe
post #135 of 253 Old 12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcpv View Post
The strong indecision stems from the fact that I travel several kilometers, and I know that the maintenance is really expensive.

The charm of a Ferrari, though, is not Certainly comparable to that of porsche that I had (very good car for everyday use, but with a lower appeal).

Another problem is found in italy a 550 with a few kilometers and possibly red ( All those that I found are gray with at least 60000 km ).

Bye
Joe
Joe, Welcome. If you are interested in a 550, suggest you read the following thread:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/sh...0567#post60567

as it has some excellent advise.
post #136 of 253 Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 AM

Thank you, Boxer.

My interest is mainly to a F430.....
But seeing different 550 at low prices, I am also considering.

I read with interest this thread, And I am a little scared.

But I know exactly that Ferrari is not for everyone and that costs are accordingly.

Bye
Joe
post #137 of 253 Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Hi my name is Christian...

And im a new member on this forum. Im 29 years old, come from Sweden.
I don`t own any Ferrari at the moment but i look around for a Testarossa (no replica). That going to be my second sportscar. Today im a proud owner of an Chevy Camaro Iroc Z28 -86. Its my show car and i hawe own it for three years. Take a look at my site if you like, i hawe a lot of pictures of my presure yellow pearl there

This is the side:
www.gatbilar.se/chrillesnakeman
post #138 of 253 Old 12-15-2007, 02:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Greetings from Downunder

Hello fellow Ferraristi,

My name is Michael and I'm from the Land Downunder. I been a Ferrari fan for 20+ years. I don't own a Ferrari at present, but I'm currently looking at purchasing a 365 GT4 2+2 or similar. I need the provision for my daughter and her friends to accommodate their shopping trips.

Cheers,

Michael
post #139 of 253 Old 12-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
A hearty handshake to both Christian and Michael. Welcome to our world. Chris, thats an awesome IROC with many stunning Mods. Mike, I'm jealous that you are edging closer to summer down under. I'm presently snowed in and can't enjoy my baby.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #140 of 253 Old 12-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365gt4 View Post
Hello fellow Ferraristi,

My name is Michael and I'm from the Land Downunder. I been a Ferrari fan for 20+ years. I don't own a Ferrari at present, but I'm currently looking at purchasing a 365 GT4 2+2 or similar. I need the provision for my daughter and her friends to accommodate their shopping trips.

Cheers,

Michael
Welcome.

Have you also considered the 365 GTC/4?
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode