Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
That sums quite up to something !!
I
'd like to ask your preferation opinion about 2 different pairs:

Which would you prefer from a driving/pleasure point of you:
a) 365 GTB Daytona or 365 GTC/4
and
b)365 BB or 512 BB (I assume you drove the carburetor version
c) which preferation of all the 4 and why ?
Easy question.

a) Daytona
b) 365 BB
c) 365 BB - fast, raw, tough, always fun to drive. Manageable at low speed and the brakes almost work (my big two negatives on the Daytona) One of my scarier moments ever behind a wheel of a Ferrari was trying to get a Daytona to stop from 220 kph without a lot of room for mistakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 253 Old 10-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
One of my scarier moments ever behind a wheel of a Ferrari was trying to get a Daytona to stop from 220 kph without a lot of room for mistakes.
Great way to put it. Steve, enjoythemusic, had upgraded the brakes on his 308 QV track car and it think he said the computer in his car was telling him he was braking at 0.6g's, those are some pretty good brakes.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #103 of 253 Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
I envy you Boxer. That's quite a list of car's previously owned and more so the list of F cars driven. I would be ecstatic at half of the number of cars you have driven.

Chicago_Pete
hey slow driver

post #104 of 253 Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
hey what going on im a newb so im saying hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Welcome to all our new members. Please introduce yourself here.
hello everyone my name is eric

well a bit about myself im a 24 year old llc owner that consists of motor sports fabrication mainly bmw i ride bmx bikes for a hobby, i try to attend as many racing events as i can and i have a love for ferrari like everyone else on this web site i do not own one i hope to one day make enough money to afford them but im not gonna hold my breath. besides that my main point is to read up and learn as much about these amazing automobiles as i can
post #105 of 253 Old 11-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666fit View Post
hello everyone my name is eric

well a bit about myself im a 24 year old llc owner that consists of motor sports fabrication mainly bmw i ride bmx bikes for a hobby, i try to attend as many racing events as i can and i have a love for ferrari like everyone else on this web site i do not own one i hope to one day make enough money to afford them but im not gonna hold my breath. besides that my main point is to read up and learn as much about these amazing automobiles as i can
You have come to the right place. We have a huge number of articles in both the Library andMy FerrariLife sections of the site.

Resources: Parts List | Buyer's Guides
post #106 of 253 Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Hello from Vegas!

Hello everyone! I am new to this world which you refer to as "The Ferrari Life Forum". Haha. So far I like what I've been seeing. You all seem like a knowledgable and fun group of people. Unfortunately I currently do not own a Ferrari, but I have driven a good handful of them. I would consider myself an enthusiast. Or quite simply a fanatic. I love everything about them, and I've done my homework enough to know a bit about them. If I had to choose a "favorite" Ferrari, it would have to be an F430 with the silverstone exterior, and red interior. For some reason I absolutely love that color combination. Well, I've rambled long enough. Thanks for having me aboard.
post #107 of 253 Old 11-13-2007, 03:58 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by csinvegas07 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to this world which you refer to as "The Ferrari Life Forum". Haha. So far I like what I've been seeing. You all seem like a knowledgable and fun group of people. Unfortunately I currently do not own a Ferrari, but I have driven a good handful of them. I would consider myself an enthusiast. Or quite simply a fanatic. I love everything about them, and I've done my homework enough to know a bit about them. If I had to choose a "favorite" Ferrari, it would have to be an F430 with the silverstone exterior, and red interior. For some reason I absolutely love that color combination. Well, I've rambled long enough. Thanks for having me aboard.
Welcome, just got back from Vegas a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it
post #108 of 253 Old 11-16-2007, 02:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Well, Hello all. My name is Jim and I am in Tulsa, Ok. I am 40 yrs old and I have been a Ferrari fan since I was about 12 or so. The first time I saw Magnum, PI, I fell in love with Ferrari. I then read about the history and it was a permanent love affair. I do not own one currently, but I am in the market for a 80-84 308 GTS. Will probably take me a year or more, because I am so picky, but I will get one. Got the green light from the "Boss", so I am all engines ahead! I absolutely love the marque, always will!
post #109 of 253 Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
welcome aboard, OSUJIM!

good luck with your search, and let us know if you need help: people here are very nice and know A LOT of stuff

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #110 of 253 Old 11-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUJIM View Post
Well, Hello all. My name is Jim and I am in Tulsa, Ok. I am 40 yrs old and I have been a Ferrari fan since I was about 12 or so. The first time I saw Magnum, PI, I fell in love with Ferrari. I then read about the history and it was a permanent love affair. I do not own one currently, but I am in the market for a 80-84 308 GTS. Will probably take me a year or more, because I am so picky, but I will get one. Got the green light from the "Boss", so I am all engines ahead! I absolutely love the marque, always will!
Welcome aboard Jim...I'll assume that is a Buckeye reference.

You just missed an Incredible 308 from Enjoythemusic. He just sold it for an Awesome price. I include the thread to Increase your anxiety. (tehehe)

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5998

But seriously...hang around here, ask lots of questions and we can help find you a beauty. Recommend you start a notification alert in www.autotrader.com It was cool to keep the market pulse when I was shopping. Good luck

Lane

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #111 of 253 Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Jim,

Welcome to the site, best of luck on finding the right 308, if we can help let us know.
post #112 of 253 Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 26
Allow myself to introduce myself!!

I just found this site and joined straight away.
I have been fixing the "Dancing Donkeys" for nearly twenty years, and bleed Rosso Corse,
I look forward to conversing with the people on this board, it looked like a well organised and controled site.
So hello to every one from ME
Cheers
post #113 of 253 Old 11-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI-TECH View Post
I just found this site and joined straight away.
I have been fixing the "Dancing Donkeys" for nearly twenty years, and bleed Rosso Corse,
I look forward to conversing with the people on this board, it looked like a well organised and controled site.
So hello to every one from ME
Cheers
Welcome to a fellow dust/grease monkey
Mainly modern or classic??
My daughter once described the badge on my Porker 928 as showing a prancing donkey
post #114 of 253 Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaautomotive View Post
D

Everything, 166-599 and everthing in between.
I am from the UK but am now in the Los Angeles area of California.(Better weather)
post #115 of 253 Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaautomotive View Post
Welcome to a fellow dust/grease monkey
My daughter once described the badge on my Porker 928 as showing a prancing donkey
When I brought my 328 home, my son (who was 3yrs old at the time) said 'Daddy why's your new car got a Kangaroo on the back?'

Archie
post #116 of 253 Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
New member...1st time Ferrari owner

Finally, I just purchased an '88 328 (76619) 2 owners, 14k mile red/tan. It should be here in 7 - 10 days, and I'm excited. I've never even sat in one, but I've read about them for years. If it is raw and visceral, I know I'll love it. I'm 49 years old, single, w/ no kids. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, and I hope you don't think I'm bugging you w/ too many silly questions when my new chariot arrives...Dave C.

Last edited by Dave328; 11-20-2007 at 10:02 AM.
post #117 of 253 Old 11-20-2007, 11:55 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Dave, welcome! No question is silly in this forum

Make sure you post some pictures of your Ferrari when you get it, and share the ownership experience with us!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #118 of 253 Old 11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Stile is correct...there are no silly questions, just silly answers, and lots of them.

Welcome

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #119 of 253 Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave328 View Post
Finally, I just purchased an '88 328 (76619) 2 owners, 14k mile red/tan. It should be here in 7 - 10 days, and I'm excited. I've never even sat in one, but I've read about them for years. If it is raw and visceral, I know I'll love it. I'm 49 years old, single, w/ no kids. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, and I hope you don't think I'm bugging you w/ too many silly questions when my new chariot arrives...Dave C.
Dave, Congratulations. Can you tell us a bit more about the 328? Is it a US or Euro model ? Where did you find it ?
post #120 of 253 Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Dave, Congratulations. Can you tell us a bit more about the 328? Is it a US or Euro model ? Where did you find it ?

Thanks for the welcomes. Heres the link to my car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Dave328; 11-21-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode