New Members Introduction - Page 4 - Ferrari Life
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 253 Old 06-29-2007, 08:35 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 4
My First Ferrari

Last night I finally got my first Ferrari. At 35, I have dreamed about this since I was 5 years old and actually have a picture of myself in front of a brand new 308.

I just got a slightly used 2005 (1000miles) Ferrari F430 Spyder. Red/Tan with Daytonas, Shields, Hi Fi, and most importantly the Ceramic Brakes. Aside from being great brakes, they produce almost no brake dust which is nice. (My 06 M5 needs its wheels cleaned every other day to stay nice)

Anyway, not sure how to upload photos?

Glad to finally be a member!

DL
dalundin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 253 Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Owner
 
Louis355's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 275
Welcome, Great car! do you have F1 or manual?
Louis355 is offline  
post #63 of 253 Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Ferrari F430

I got the F1. Very similar in fact to by M5 SMG but more responsive at low RPMs.
dalundin is offline  
 
post #64 of 253 Old 06-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalundin View Post
Last night I finally got my first Ferrari. At 35, I have dreamed about this since I was 5 years old and actually have a picture of myself in front of a brand new 308.

I just got a slightly used 2005 (1000miles) Ferrari F430 Spyder. Red/Tan with Daytonas, Shields, Hi Fi, and most importantly the Ceramic Brakes. Aside from being great brakes, they produce almost no brake dust which is nice. (My 06 M5 needs its wheels cleaned every other day to stay nice)

Anyway, not sure how to upload photos?

Glad to finally be a member!

DL
Congrats. To up load photos, click on Go Advanced, then scroll down to Manage Attachements. A bx should then pop up where you can add the picture files.
Boxer is offline  
post #65 of 253 Old 07-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in someone elses garage
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
A quick hello from me

Hi Guys , thought I'd come in and say hello , I was recommended here from some one from club scuderia forum:thumbup:
Dave Z is offline  
post #66 of 253 Old 07-01-2007, 05:09 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Photos of my new F430 Spyder F1

Here are some shots of the new ride
Attached Images
           
dalundin is offline  
post #67 of 253 Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Ferrari Life Posts: 10
new

My name is bobby, live in las vegas, from san diego, I joined this site to soak in all the information, I want a late model 328 gts, however i just graduated from college, so im starting to save right now. It might be a year or longer before i actually purchase, hope its still ok for me to be a member of the site.
rkelly is offline  
post #68 of 253 Old 07-02-2007, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Dave,

Welcome to the site, glad to have you here.
Andrew is offline  
post #69 of 253 Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
rkelly,

Of course, everyone is welcomed and we are here to help people looking for buying advice. You've come to the right place.
Andrew is offline  
post #70 of 253 Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 AM
BKK
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
New member living in asia. sold cayenne s (hated it), now driving range rover (loving it), previously owned an M3 cab and 996. FINALLY going to pull the trigger and looking at 575M's which I've always loved and am glad are coming down in price. considering sacrificing HGTC and newer model years and going for a slightly older (less expensive) model year so I don't have to worry so much about parking on the street and so I can get it customized, 19 or 20's, maybe change the paint color, lower 5-10mm etc (all value enhancing things of course). will be reading more before posting inevitably dumb questions....
BKK is offline  
post #71 of 253 Old 07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
FDH
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Francis Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Welcome to all our new members. Please introduce yourself here.
THE NEW KID (PUSHING 60) ON THE BLOCK. I LIVE IN THE SF BAY AREA, REAL ESTSTE BROKER FOR 30+ YEARS. SAW MY FIRST IN HIGH SCHOOL AND THAT WAS IT. I'AM LOOKING FOR MY FIRST FERRARI A 365GT2+2.NOT MUCH OF A MECHANIC BUT HAVE OWNED FEW SPORT CARS OVER THE YEARS. IF YOU KNOW OF ANY SITES OR INFORMATION SOURCES, IT WOULD HELP ME IN MY HUNT AND MY LEARNING CURVE. THANKS FRANCIS
FDH is offline  
post #72 of 253 Old 07-26-2007, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Francis,

Welcome to the site, I'm also in the bay area. One place to start would be: http://www.fantasyjunction.com/ they will sometimes have 365s

I would also suggest reading the Buyer's guide here on this site and then ask questions here and we'll be able to help. Best of luck in your search.
Andrew is offline  
post #73 of 253 Old 07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cornwall, England
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Wotcha!

Hi everyone. I am not technically a new member as I joined around 2years ago; however, when I decided to sell my car a year ago I dropped out of sight. Now that I have changed my mind (wife's input really) and recovered the car from it's isolation at a dealers, I have started revisiting all the old sites. i am 44, have a wife + 2 kids, dogs, cats etc; daily driver is an XJ-S V12 for me and a Peugeot estate for the family. I bought the Ferrari 400GT in Oct 2004; It is a manual with carbs in Blu Scuro with a dark blue interior and having been fully restored in 1992, is still in excellent condition with just over 66000mi on the clock. It needs a service and valve adjustment as well as a new rear wheel bearing, all due next month, other than that it's superb. I took her to the 60th Anniversary event at Silverstone last month, an outstanding drive and outing all told. next year I am planning a trip to Maranello. Hopefully the pics I have tried to add will work out.

keeping The Faith,

Ray.
Attached Images
       
ray f is offline  
post #74 of 253 Old 07-26-2007, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Ray,

Welcome back to the site. Your 400 looks to be in great condition!
Andrew is offline  
post #75 of 253 Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray f View Post
Hi everyone. I am not technically a new member as I joined around 2years ago; however, when I decided to sell my car a year ago I dropped out of sight. Now that I have changed my mind (wife's input really) and recovered the car from it's isolation at a dealers, I have started revisiting all the old sites. i am 44, have a wife + 2 kids, dogs, cats etc; daily driver is an XJ-S V12 for me and a Peugeot estate for the family. I bought the Ferrari 400GT in Oct 2004; It is a manual with carbs in Blu Scuro with a dark blue interior and having been fully restored in 1992, is still in excellent condition with just over 66000mi on the clock. It needs a service and valve adjustment as well as a new rear wheel bearing, all due next month, other than that it's superb. I took her to the 60th Anniversary event at Silverstone last month, an outstanding drive and outing all told. next year I am planning a trip to Maranello. Hopefully the pics I have tried to add will work out.

keeping The Faith,

Ray.
Hi Ray, SimonC here is also a UK based 400 owner and does a fair amount of his own maintenance. He might be able to help. Cheers, Boxer
Boxer is offline  
post #76 of 253 Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Welcome

Welcome back, Ray. Beautiful 400, and a manual for that. Sound is extraordinary and can carry more than two passengers. Lovely car and does look in great condition. Jimmy
Italian Lover is offline  
post #77 of 253 Old 08-22-2007, 12:04 PM
 
ROMALISA.COM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: san francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 26
Hello everyone Im Roman
I am will be taking my last semester as a junior at the academy of art university over at good old san francisco. I began truelly understanding what a ferrari is about a year and a half ago. Granted the current models are truelly stunning aesthetically and engineeringwise. But I think the real value can be found at the roots. What I mean to say is that one needs to look at some of the original ferrari's.Cars like barchetta, all of the 250's, the GTO. Only then could the pureness of the brand could be understood.

I did a couple of ferrari renderings. Take a look at me and my wifes site.
www.romalisa.com
ROMALISA.COM is offline  
post #78 of 253 Old 09-05-2007, 01:35 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Ferrari Life Posts: 3
New Member

Hi Ferrari Fans
I live in the USA but will be moving to Lucerne, Switzerland in December.
My intention is to buy a Ferrari next year as the fulfillment of a life long dream. I am looking at 348's as they seem to be the best value right now.
Anyway I am reading books, surfing the net and generally learning about the pros and cons of Ferrari ownership.
My first Ferrari experience was driving a 206 Dino owned by folk singer Al Stweart in 1967. I managed to get him to let me drive it when we went to Yorkshire together to play at a music festival in Bickershaw. It was an awesome experience however, I later fell in love with a 275GTB owned by George Harrison...he wouldn't let me drive it ! Don't think I'll ever be able to afford a 275GTB, surely one of the most beautiful of all Ferraris.
Good to be here and to join in this Ferrari community.
Rock on
Tim Hinkley
madkeys is offline  
post #79 of 253 Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: US and Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkeys View Post
Hi Ferrari Fans
I live in the USA but will be moving to Lucerne, Switzerland in December.
My intention is to buy a Ferrari next year as the fulfillment of a life long dream. I am looking at 348's as they seem to be the best value right now.
Anyway I am reading books, surfing the net and generally learning about the pros and cons of Ferrari ownership.
My first Ferrari experience was driving a 206 Dino owned by folk singer Al Stweart in 1967. I managed to get him to let me drive it when we went to Yorkshire together to play at a music festival in Bickershaw. It was an awesome experience however, I later fell in love with a 275GTB owned by George Harrison...he wouldn't let me drive it ! Don't think I'll ever be able to afford a 275GTB, surely one of the most beautiful of all Ferraris.
Good to be here and to join in this Ferrari community.
Rock on
Tim Hinkley
Have you taken a look at our Buyers Guides ? They can be downloaded in from the Library Section:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/library/guides.php

Resources: Parts List | Buyer's Guides
williamtaylor is offline  
post #80 of 253 Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belgium
Ferrari Life Posts: 13
Hello,
I joined the group 2 weeks ago.
I'm from Belgium. I'm Flemmish.
My beauty is an F430 F1, rosso scuderia. (since februari 2007)
In contrast with my wife, the more I look at here, the nicer she is.
fastsurgeon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale