post #22 of 253 Old 05-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Thankyou Enzo250gto
post #23 of 253 Old 05-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Hey everybody!

I'm in New York, in a suburb of Manhattan. I've got a lovely (if I can say so myself) 1979 308 GT4. I've had it for about 7 years now, but for almost 4 of those it was not operational.

Glad to be back on the road, though! And glad to be here as well!

post #24 of 253 Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Weber, welcome to the site, glad to have you here.
post #25 of 253 Old 05-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
Jeff from Iowa I have had my 89 Rossa for two years now...I am glad that I found this board
post #26 of 253 Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Hello I'm monza

Greetings fellow Ferrari owner's or rather future owners. I do not own a Ferrari's as of yet, but am planning to purchase one perhaps in the next year or 2.

I would like to get a F360 spider but my funds only allow me to get a used F355 (97-99) spider (red or yellow)

I am from NJ work in a Pharmaceutical company. My wife and I make a decent living. Have a teen-ager in HS. Own a house with 4 cars and a motorcycle. I am 39. Hoping to get my first ferrari by 40.

The first ferrari and brought me love at first sight was the testarossa when I was a teen. As I grew older the 348 followed. Now that I can almost afford to buy one, the F355 would be the best candidate.

I am looking forward to getting acquainted with fellow Ferrari enthusiasts and learning from their experiences.
post #27 of 253 Old 05-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by monza View Post
Greetings fellow Ferrari owner's or rather future owners. I do not own a Ferrari's as of yet, but am planning to purchase one perhaps in the next year or 2.

I would like to get a F360 spider but my funds only allow me to get a used F355 (97-99) spider (red or yellow)

I am from NJ work in a Pharmaceutical company. My wife and I make a decent living. Have a teen-ager in HS. Own a house with 4 cars and a motorcycle. I am 39. Hoping to get my first ferrari by 40.

The first ferrari and brought me love at first sight was the testarossa when I was a teen. As I grew older the 348 followed. Now that I can almost afford to buy one, the F355 would be the best candidate.

I am looking forward to getting acquainted with fellow Ferrari enthusiasts and learning from their experiences.
then you have come ot the right place. Welcome.
post #28 of 253 Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 275
Hi everybody,

Glad to have found this place. Looking forward to learn a lot from you guys.

As an 32 years ols sales guy I saved my bonus' to buy my first Ferrari. After a year long search I found her in 2006. An orginal, well documented, first owner (now second), traditional coloured (red/black) F355 Berlinetta.

Cheers,
Louis
post #29 of 253 Old 05-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Owner

Forgot the pics.

the first pic is quite scary...(new cambelts were part of the deal...)
Attached Images

post #30 of 253 Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 402
Welcome Louis and Congratulations on your new Ferrari. Lookin nice. If I may ask how much did that go for, so I have an idea on how much to get my spider in the near future.
post #31 of 253 Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Louis,

Welcome to the site you have a wonderful F355, enjoy.
post #32 of 253 Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Owner

Good 355 spyders will do around 75-80k in the Netherlands.
Prices in NL are a little higher compared to the rest of Europe.
Mind you this country likes to tax all cars like crazy. 50% for a new car.
post #33 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 07:45 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
I have a Dream!!

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm located in Jupiter just North of the Breaker's Hotel that hosts the annual Palm Beach Cavallino Classic. When I was just a punk kid (19-21 years old) I worked for the Breaker's and I never took advantage of the fact that I worked where I had the opportunity to get to know about these awe inspiring moving works of art.

I mean honestly have you ever seen 250 SWB California up close? Spyder or Coupe. I won't mention models as if I know what I'm talking about because I don't but I tell you what nothing moves you like seeing these, (again) "works of art" like anything else. Because that's exactly what they are. And when they almost all gather in one place, man it's beyond trying to capture the moment in words.

So my dream as of late is to drive through the all old communities from here to Naples to South Miami, all the way North to Jacksonville on the dream that I find a fender or radiator or ANYTHING Ferrari. And if I'm so lucky, I'll dream of restoring it myself, I'll come to my senses and then I'll call Tom.

I look forward to chating with all the members.

thanks
Bryant
post #34 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis355 View Post
Forgot the pics.

the first pic is quite scary...(new cambelts were part of the deal...)
Louis, seeing the ferrari you have dreamed about and worked hard and saved for is always scary, just incase they can't put it together again, or end up with a few left over parts and bolts ...etc

At least I never saw mine with the engine out, but they did completely remove the interior to have the leather cleaned and reconditioned
Attached Images

Archie
post #35 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 13
Hello fellow Ferrari lovers and owners! I am new to the forum, and I was just browsing so I thought I should sign up as I have recently purchased a 2005 Ferrari F430 in Rosso Corsa with Nero Leather. I am from Yorkshire, England and I fell in love with the F430 as soon as I saw it and drove it - what a spectacular machine it really is!
The F430 will solely be used as a Weekend car to keep the miles down, as my daily driver is a 4.2 V8 Audi RS4 and I also drive a Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy when I fancy a blast in the best hot hatch ever made! It has been my dream to own a Ferrari and I had my eyes set on a 360 Challenge Stradale but I chose the F430 due to its more civilised nature.
post #36 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Owner

Welcome, it's good to have another Brit on board. Would love to see some pics of the 430 and the RS4. I'm also a big Audi fan and love the RS4 and RS6, I've bought 3 brand new Audis in the last 4 yrs, although nothing with the same performance as the RS, the most powerful was a 3.0 A4 Cabriolet back in 2004. You must have difficulties deciding which beast to drive

Archie
post #37 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Owner

Hello Archie, yes it does cause me a slight headache which to drive especially when the weather is good. The RS4 was bought as the main, sensible, family car, with the other two being my real toys! The RS4 really is the perfect car for long haul drives, comfortable and with 414bhp, I shall try and get a few pics uploaded so you can see them in all there glory, as they all are stunning in there own way. What other cars do you drive?
post #38 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 182Trophy View Post
Hello Archie, yes it does cause me a slight headache which to drive especially when the weather is good. The RS4 was bought as the main, sensible, family car, with the other two being my real toys! The RS4 really is the perfect car for long haul drives, comfortable and with 414bhp, I shall try and get a few pics uploaded so you can see them in all there glory, as they all are stunning in there own way. What other cars do you drive?
For the daily drive I now have a 2005 A4 1.8 Turbo Cabriolet (6 speed Multitronic, I'm lazy), my wife has a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 Diesel (yawn), and of course the Ferrari, a 89 328 GTS rosso & crema.

I'm getting a bit bored with the Audi and fancy a change, but my wife's expecting at the end of Nov, so I can't be too reckless with finances at the moment, I've lost circa 25K in depreciation in the last 3 yrs by changing the Audi's so realistically I should keep it for another couple of years. However, if I do change it, a RS4 or S4 Avant would be a good choice but I also fancy a 911 (996) C2 or C4. I won't be changing the 328, my son has already told me that's his inheritance when the old man pop's his clogs (he's only 4 !!!!).

Archie
post #39 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Owner

Oh congratulations! My wife is expecting also in November! Our second child, my Son has just turned 3 but I don't quite think he understands the inheritance side of things just yet! We bought the RS4 in February 2007, and I would recommend it to anyone, as it just does everything so very well. Mine is a Saloon though, but it is still big enough for our requirements. I would also recommend the Twin Turbo 2.7 RS4 (the older version) as this only came in estate form so I do think this would also suit a family of similar size to ours plus its cheaper than the new V8 and it has completed most of its depreciation already.
Before we got the RS4, we part exchanged the 996 Carrera 4S for it, this too is a great car, the 911 is a fantastic car to own no matter what variety you have. What cars have you looked into purchasing other than the RS4/S4/911?
post #40 of 253 Old 06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
I won't be changing the 328, my son has already told me that's his inheritance when the old man pop's his clogs (he's only 4 !!!!).
Have heard this story before. My youngest son has already claimed the F40. Actually refers to it as "our" car.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode