New here from the cold state of Wisconsin - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
 
SynergyViper04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Garage
New here from the cold state of Wisconsin

Hey everyone,

My name is Sam and Im new here. I dont have a Ferrari but Ive always been interested in them and will definitely be looking into them in the hopefully near future.

Currently I drive a 04 Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible that I absolutely love. Shes down for winter right now but I cant wait to get it back out and back on the track.

I look forward to looking around and checking out the community!

Thanks!


SynergyViper04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 01-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
cribbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,187
Welcome Sam, you're obviously coming from a big displacement, huge torque environment. I'll bet you can put that Viper in 3rd or 4th gear and let out the clutch and get it rolling without any throttle?

Ferrari's are a completely different beast (other than the V12's). Have you driven one yet?

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
cribbj is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 01-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Owner
 
intrepid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Saratoga Springs NY
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyViper04 View Post
Hey everyone, My name is Sam and Im new here. I dont have a Ferrari but Ive always been interested in them and will definitely be looking into them in the hopefully near future. Currently I drive a 04 Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible that I absolutely love. Shes down for winter right now but I cant wait to get it back out and back on the track. I look forward to looking around and checking out the community. Thanks!
Welcome Sam! Enjoy meandering around the site, it ought to be an excellent experience learning about Ferraris.

But cold in Wisconsin? Hmmm. Here on our way home from New Year's Eve gala air temp (not wind chill) on the car thermometer was -28 C. = -17 F. We've had a period of six days when the temp never rose above -18 C. = 0 F.

I know a little about winters in the northwest territories as my daughter went to Ripon (Wis) and Carleton (Minn) Colleges.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
intrepid is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 01-17-2018, 08:19 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Fiammenghi Engineering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ITALY
Ferrari Life Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyViper04 View Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Sam and Im new here. I dont have a Ferrari but Ive always been interested in them and will definitely be looking into them in the hopefully near future.

Currently I drive a 04 Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible that I absolutely love. Shes down for winter right now but I cant wait to get it back out and back on the track.

I look forward to looking around and checking out the community!

Thanks!
Welcome in the forum Sam,

i never drove a Viper with his big V10 ..... Jhon told well about the enjoing of the big displacement ..


For sure you will enjoy here, is full of kindly persons and car's enthusiasts

Best Regards

Fabio Fiammenghi

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: [email protected]
Website: http://fiammenghiengineering.it
Fiammenghi Engineering is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 01-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,301
Welcome to the forum Sam.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
Killer58 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 02-27-2018, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
 
SynergyViper04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Garage
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
Welcome Sam, you're obviously coming from a big displacement, huge torque environment. I'll bet you can put that Viper in 3rd or 4th gear and let out the clutch and get it rolling without any throttle?

Ferrari's are a completely different beast (other than the V12's). Have you driven one yet?

Hope you enjoy your stay here!
Haha yeah the big displacement is something I am still getting use to. These things dont make a ton of horsepower compared to a lot of cars now days BUT the difference between this car and many other cars Ive gotten my hands on at the track is the fact that all of the power is NOW. Ive never driven a Ferrari unfortunately, but Ive driven many high hp cars and this is by far the scariest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
Welcome Sam! Enjoy meandering around the site, it ought to be an excellent experience learning about Ferraris.

But cold in Wisconsin? Hmmm. Here on our way home from New Year's Eve gala air temp (not wind chill) on the car thermometer was -28 C. = -17 F. We've had a period of six days when the temp never rose above -18 C. = 0 F.

I know a little about winters in the northwest territories as my daughter went to Ripon (Wis) and Carleton (Minn) Colleges.
Thats great! Ripon is about 30-45 min away from me. I must say, this winter has been an odd one... we have been going from negative temps all the way up to mid 40s in the matter of a day or so. Im really getting the itch to get my car out so I hope it really warms up quick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiammenghi Engineering View Post
Welcome in the forum Sam,

i never drove a Viper with his big V10 ..... Jhon told well about the enjoing of the big displacement ..


For sure you will enjoy here, is full of kindly persons and car's enthusiasts

Best Regards

Fabio Fiammenghi
I highly suggest getting in one if you have the chance, they are definitely worth it! Have a great day!
SynergyViper04 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 02-28-2018, 07:26 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Welcome to the forum, that's a head turning color for sure .
F40dreamer is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale