Ciao a tutti, - Ferrari Life
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Killer58

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-07-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Ciao a tutti,

Mi chiamo Roberto. I just bought a 2003 360 F1 Spyder. Years ago I had a 308 GTSi, and before that a Maserati Sebring. (Wish I still did.) Currently, I have the 360, a Maserati CambioCorsa Spyder, a 74 Alfa GTV, and the Alfa Quatroruote Zagato pictured below. I've spent a lot of time in Italy, and love all things Italian, especially the cars! Over the years I've had several other Maserati's and Alfa's. I'll probably have lots of questions as time goes on, and before I forget, I'll ask one now, as part of my introduction: I've read elsewhere that 360's deplete their batteries rapidly when not run. I won't be using it much this winter (I'm in Baltimore, we had our first snow today and they already ruined the roads with salt). I would like to keep a battery tender on as I do with my other cars, but I'm not sure how or where to attach it. Is the only access point through that panel on the passengers side, or can a tender be hooked up somewhere else? Also, I've heard of "pigtails," I guess leads that are permanently attached and left in place. Could I use unobtrusive thin wires and have them permanently coming out from the panel? (A tender puts out very low amperage.) Finally, anyone know of any reason to not use an ordinary tender with a gel battery? Thanks for any advice, and, again, greetings to everyone. Roberto
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 01:43 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Benvenuti nel forum Roberto.
I think you will like it here, a high percentage of owners, experienced professionals, and no drama.

I use a Deltran charger on my Spider. A very popular brand/type, they comes with two pigtails, one is perfect for the 360: you can leave it attached and route the end around the footwell panel. I leave it tucked under the front of the passenger footwell carpet, it takes just two seconds to plug in.

We frequently come up to Inner Harbor for dinner at Chinghiale and in Little Italy. We will have to meet there some time. You should plan on coming to C&C in Annapolis as well.

Felice Anno Nuovo e buon guidando!
aerobat3 likes this.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 02:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Welcome! And very, very nice selections, I see.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover

post #4 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 03:56 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 430
Ciao Roberto, benvenuto nel forum!
Welcome in Flife, there are more friendly people here ... 👍👍👍
Wonderful your red 360, and compliments for the other cars ....
Where you were in Italy?

Best regards
Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: [email protected]
post #5 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

I find this forum confusing to use, so excuse me if I don't post correctly to the intended recipient or thread, but thanks for the replies!
post #6 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

The most beautiful city in the world, Roma!
post #7 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Ciao Fabio, ho vissuto un po di tempo a Roma, ho passato un po di tempo in Sicilia, vado ogni tanto a trovare un amico ad Ivrea. Tu, dove sei?
post #8 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Deltran

Thanks, this is very helpful.
Rob
post #9 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

That would be nice. Annapolis in the spring or Cinghiale in the winter.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobat3 View Post
Mi chiamo Roberto. I just bought a 2003 360 F1 Spyder. Years ago I had a 308 GTSi, and before that a Maserati Sebring. (Wish I still did.) Currently, I have the 360, a Maserati CambioCorsa Spyder, a 74 Alfa GTV, and the Alfa Quatroruote Zagato pictured below. I've spent a lot of time in Italy, and love all things Italian, especially the cars! Over the years I've had several other Maserati's and Alfa's. I'll probably have lots of questions as time goes on, and before I forget, I'll ask one now, as part of my introduction: I've read elsewhere that 360's deplete their batteries rapidly when not run. I won't be using it much this winter (I'm in Baltimore, we had our first snow today and they already ruined the roads with salt). I would like to keep a battery tender on as I do with my other cars, but I'm not sure how or where to attach it. Is the only access point through that panel on the passengers side, or can a tender be hooked up somewhere else? Also, I've heard of "pigtails," I guess leads that are permanently attached and left in place. Could I use unobtrusive thin wires and have them permanently coming out from the panel? (A tender puts out very low amperage.) Finally, anyone know of any reason to not use an ordinary tender with a gel battery? Thanks for any advice, and, again, greetings to everyone. Roberto
Welcome to tbe forum.
I have a 2004 360 yellow spider that i simply love. I have a ctek battery tender and took the easy route. i just plug it into the cigarette lighter and just leave my window slightly down.for the wire.
It has worked great.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
post #11 of 16 Old 01-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
I find this forum confusing to use, so excuse me if I don't post correctly to the intended recipient or thread, but thanks for the replies!
I would have to second that comment. The prior old fashioned format was more friendly.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #12 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

I'd be a little worried, the owners manual specifically says to not use the cigarette lighter.

Last edited by aerobat3; 01-09-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: grammatical error
post #13 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Quote:
I'd be a little worried, the owners manual specifically says to not use the cigarette lighter.
+1 They are already known to be a bit fussy electronically...

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #14 of 16 Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
It has been four years that i use my ctek with the cigarette adapter that was included and have never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
post #15 of 16 Old 01-10-2017, 06:27 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
ctek

I am using Ctek and it has worked well.Bought it off ebay for about $50(US). It even has a Barrett-Jackson logo on it.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,
post #16 of 16 Old 01-11-2017, 04:21 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 430
Quote:
Ciao Fabio, ho vissuto un po di tempo a Roma, ho passato un po di tempo in Sicilia, vado ogni tanto a trovare un amico ad Ivrea. Tu, dove sei?
Ciao!
Io vivo a Cesena, in Romagna non lontano da Rimini, vado spesso in Sicilia in vacanza d'estate.

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: [email protected]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode