New to the forum, buying my first Ferrari - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-31-2016, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
New to the forum, buying my first Ferrari

Hey everyone! My name is Ahmed and I'm in the DC metro area. I've been a car enthusiast since I was very little and now and looking to buy my first Ferrari. I've been in love with the F430 since it came out and I'm hoping to find a yellow or tdf blue, 2007+ coupe. I've been reading up on some of the do's and don'ts, maintenance, etc. But if anyone has any advice or can point me to an informative thread about buying an F430, that would be very helpful as well.

I'm coming from a Nissan GTR, which was absolutely fantastic in every way. Here's a pic of the car I just sold to make room for my future F430. Photography is a big hobby of mine and I do it as a side business, so I'm always up for capturing something.

GTR Sunset
by Ahmed Rashid, on Flickr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-31-2016, 02:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
Ahned- Welcome to Ferrari Life and hopefully you find a nice F430.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-31-2016, 03:30 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Welcome Ahmed.
Do a search and you'll find several discussions with advice to buyers and the 430 in particular.
Good luck with your search (it can be one of the most exciting parts of the process) and share details when you find her.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-31-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Yes I've been searching and already found a couple helpful threads. I have a feeling it's going to take a while to find the right car for me.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-01-2016, 01:15 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
My search took just over a year.
Be patient, and enjoy it.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-04-2016, 11:39 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Good luck and you will be glad

Ahmed,
The F430 is a fun car,I have a red one. I did do a write up on it, see if you can find it. The key is my humble opinion is hiring a professional who works with these cars to give you guidance and inspect the car. Also, if you haven't, you need to expand your search nationwide, as I found out quickly. It took me about 3 months, stressful yet exhilarating, before I found my car.
Not to scare you but make sure the F1 actuator is working, if not it is about a $12,000 part. Good luck!

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,
post #7 of 10 Old 08-08-2016, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by efg2014 View Post
Ahmed,
The F430 is a fun car,I have a red one. I did do a write up on it, see if you can find it. The key is my humble opinion is hiring a professional who works with these cars to give you guidance and inspect the car. Also, if you haven't, you need to expand your search nationwide, as I found out quickly. It took me about 3 months, stressful yet exhilarating, before I found my car.
Not to scare you but make sure the F1 actuator is working, if not it is about a $12,000 part. Good luck!
I will search for you write-up. And I am definitely searching nationwide. Thanks for the heads up on the F1 actuator, I have read about it before. Is that something that can be checked in a PPI before I buy the car? Thanks.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-09-2016, 07:59 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
I believe so

Ahmed,
The actuator, as I a non-gearhead understand is used in the shifting. If there is a problem with shifting or fluid leaking out of the actuator then there is a problem.
The problem is actually 2 fold : 1) Bad design 2) Poor maintenance. My understanding is if you do your fluid changes religiously, the problem is unlikely to occur. Make sure that regular maintenance has been done. The guy doing the PPI should be able to tell.

--kim

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,
post #9 of 10 Old 08-10-2016, 12:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Hey everyone! My name is Ahmed and I'm in the DC metro area. I've been a car enthusiast since I was very little and now and looking to buy my first Ferrari. I've been in love with the F430 since it came out and I'm hoping to find a yellow or tdf blue, 2007+ coupe. I've been reading up on some of the do's and don'ts, maintenance, etc. But if anyone has any advice or can point me to an informative thread about buying an F430, that would be very helpful as well.

I'm coming from a Nissan GTR, which was absolutely fantastic in every way. Here's a pic of the car I just sold to make room for my future F430. Photography is a big hobby of mine and I do it as a side business, so I'm always up for capturing something.
Hello Ahmed,
welcome here, good luck for find a beautiful 430, that is a great car .. and different to GTR ...

Best Regards

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #10 of 10 Old 08-15-2016, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Hello Ahmed,
welcome here, good luck for find a beautiful 430, that is a great car .. and different to GTR ...

Best Regards
Thanks! I've added Rosso Corsa to my list of colors as well, as it's a classic Ferrari color.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode