Plastic parts, uv heat finish repair - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-01-2016, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Garage
Plastic parts, uv heat finish repair

New to this forum site,
But I imagine everyone here with a Ferrari from 1994 to date, has had an encounter with the plastic parts ( vents, switches, knobs and handles,etc)
that smear or seem to be melting the finish and rubbing off on hands, clothes,
and cleaning them is an ordeal. In fact , I am aware there is even a market of venders that charge to refinish and "restore" them for you if you can send it to them. Prices vary, and there are shipping costs to consider.
I accepted this challenge as I have seen this also on Toyota, Lexus and most currently Maserati as well as Ferrari's.
I am in the process of concluding a test from various chemical companies that I have purchased their product and I am currently running tests on various uses of the chemicals on interior and exterior plastic parts that smear or mar. Among the most promising comes from a company run by Jim Exposito, 18662718766. This guy is genuinely interested in getting results on his products and is always following up with advice.
His company has two products that show great results, but varied in the
cleaning process. The best one is yet to be determined as my testing will not be finished until the late April.
If you are currently using that has any volatile chemicals such as acetone, lacquer, acidic or even oven cleaners bug and tar removers can even damage, disfigure or discolor and remove decals that could permanently damage the part and may result in a loss.
Once finished I will post pictures and instructions on the forum and YouTube to help us all, I am getting close to finishing.

Last edited by DALIGUY; 04-01-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode