Hi from Orlando - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-13-2016, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Hi from Orlando

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to make a quick introduction. I've been a lifelong gearhead and have always appreciated the Ferrari marque. From the racing history to the gorgeous, sensuous curves to the engineering details of in-house manufacture - I love it all.

I always seem to be working on some mechanical project. Over the years, I've built an airplane (and part of another), restored a vintage motorcycle, and recently completed an Ultima GTR. Despite that car's awesome performance, it's a bit on the raw side (vast understatement) and my wife is not a fan. So, the plan is to sell it and finally buy my first Ferrari.

Which brings me to the point of undertaking in-depth model research. My initial inclination, allowing for a reasonable budget, is an F430. That said, I'm entirely aware of the fact that I don't yet possess sufficient data to permit an informed decision.

So… Where might I most effectively spend my time learning what I need to know? Does the F430 have any glaring deficiencies or known issues resulting in unpleasant service surprises? What do I need to know that hasn't yet even occurred to me?

And so it begins… :-)

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-13-2016, 11:07 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Greetings and Welcome from Tallahassee
post #3 of 5 Old 03-20-2016, 05:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 355
Garage
Welcome aboard! Great site here. I know a couple of guys that own F430's and they love them. You will have to speak to guys who specifically own them...maybe post in the FL area on here and see if anyone has one nearby and just go and speak with them.
We all love the marque and love to talk about our cars so go and buy someone a burger and a drink and ask questions.
Just my .02

Best,
MB

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

post #4 of 5 Old 03-20-2016, 08:19 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,851
Welcome to Ferrari Life. There were some issues with F1 pumps in early 2005 F430s since they used the same pump as the 360 and used it to power both the F1 system and E-Diff. There were also problems with headers cracking, most fixed under warranty. Those are the two big ones I can think of. All in all, very reliable, pretty, and good handling Ferrari. Chains for cam drives, too, so no 3-5 year cambelt changes.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-21-2016, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFerrari View Post
You will have to speak to guys who specifically own them...maybe post in the FL area on here and see if anyone has one nearby and just go and speak with them.
We all love the marque and love to talk about our cars so go and buy someone a burger and a drink and ask questions.
Just my .02
Good advice; thanks! I'll do just that. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
There were some issues with F1 pumps in early 2005 F430s since they used the same pump as the 360 and used it to power both the F1 system and E-Diff. There were also problems with headers cracking, most fixed under warranty. Chains for cam drives, too, so no 3-5 year cambelt changes.
Great info. I'd read about the headers and the cam chains, but hadn't seen anything about the early F1 pumps. Much appreciated.

Now, I've just got to sell the GTR… :-)

Ken

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode