askink advise - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-19-2014, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
askink advise

Dear friends
I am 61 and live in Braga - north Portugal.
I am an enthusiast by Ferrari from many years, but i only owner my first at 2003: it was a Dino 246 GT of 1973 and i sold it in 2008 to buy a 206GT that i regreted have sold a few weeks ago. Meanwile a have also a Modena 360 Spider, sold in 2010.
After sell the 206 i feel very bad with myselv, but only after the car go out i realy feel that a need something to replace this car.
That is the reason whi i have come to this registre. Of course i will enjoi and learn with so many persons, very very important people that i thanks in advanced for theyer advices.
I like very much the 250 GTE and i woul like to have one but the cars i find in Internet are, almost all of them, with some problems: or with a diferent engine, or not well restored or very expensive according its condition. I will see the information regarding the potencial buyer and ask advise about what car is better ( 1960? 1963?).
But i do not know where to find. Can someone help me in this situation?
Please, forgive for my bad english.
I think, in a recente future, bring here some history of my experience with the Ferraris, if you allow me to do it.
Thanks so much for your atention. I feel very lucky to be here in this Registre where ar so much special persons. Thanks. Great regards for everyone.
Sincerely. Higino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,851
Higino- Welcome to Ferrari Life. I do not blame you for feeling bad about selling your Dino 206 GT. With only 152 built, that one was rare.

Ferrari made running changes on the GTE throughout production, and probably the pick of the litter was the 330 America, with an early 330 engine in the GTE chassis, but only 50 were built. The GTEs are getting expensive. Have you looked at a 365 GT 2+2? That is actually a much more usable Ferrari with better performance and probably the best of the SOHC street engines. Still has all the Enzo era SOHC Ferrari charm and a much improved interior, too, with standard air conditioning.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode