New owner ! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 01-26-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 113
New owner !

New owner here. Have been (and still am) for years a Porsche fan and have few 911s but have for many years desired a 550 Maranello since I drove one in Fiorano at the presentation (courtesy of a father of a friend of mine).

Finally , proud to present my first Ferrari which is not a 550 but a May 2004, 575M F1 in Grigio Nuvolari on Beige, no special options aside from the the special and rare paint and the GTC wheels (so no GTC package, no FHP) .
The chassis number is 137032 and the assembly number is 54605.

I would like to thank the contributors here on Ferrarilife and specially the posts of Taz that helped me build "some" knowledge before buying one.
Here is a (crappy) photo when she arrived in my garage. Will post better photos later.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 01-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,127
Congrats, beautiful color combo! Enjoy in good health, and welcome to Flife

Jeroen

Italian bella's:
550 Maranello 7-2000 nero/nero
1974 Ducati 750 Yellow Sport
1974 Ducati 350 Desmo Yellow Sport
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
(And a few Alfa Romeo's and Range Rovers)

Power is nothing without control
post #3 of 33 Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
Welcome to Ferrari Life and that is a really beautiful 575M in a unique color. Here she is included in the database. She came with quite a few updates from the factory.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 575M 575 SA VIN and Assembly Numbers Rev 2.18.doc (243.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: doc 575M 575 SA Updates Rev 1.8.doc (45.0 KB, 82 views)

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 33 Old 01-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Riviera, welcome to FL and

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #5 of 33 Old 01-26-2014, 02:42 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Congrats! Great looking 575!
post #6 of 33 Old 01-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Welcome! Congratulations on the lovely 575, gorgeous colour! Looks like a riviera blue 993 turbo/4S and 2.7RS in the background, terrific stable! Similarly to you I am a big fan of both Ferrari and Porsche. My dream stable consists of a front-engined Ferrari, a mid-engined Ferrari and a rear engined Porsche. Looking forward to hearing driving impressions and ownership reports of your babies!

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
post #7 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 02:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Welcome to FL Riviera.
Another beautiful Maranello joins the fold.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #8 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Dear All

thank you for the kind welcome . Ferrarilife has been a great source of information.
Unfortunately winter is here and will have to wait until March, at least, to be able to drive (I live in Prague - Czech Republic) .

Some more information about my 575: the car was sold new in Rome in May 2004, and currently has 24,000 km on the odometer having two owners before me. I have all the documents and invoices that belong to the car , it appears to have been regularly serviced. I will expect to do on top of the yearly service the belts and airbags replacements this year. The belts were done in 2009 at around 15,000 Km.

I have a question for the 575 owners: I do not have installed the factory option for the connection of the trickle charger, how do you connect the charger (ctek) in the absence of it, is it still possible or not?

Thanks again! Regards , Alex

Few more photos:
Attached Images

post #9 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalone View Post
Welcome! Congratulations on the lovely 575, gorgeous colour! Looks like a riviera blue 993 turbo/4S and 2.7RS in the background, terrific stable! Similarly to you I am a big fan of both Ferrari and Porsche. My dream stable consists of a front-engined Ferrari, a mid-engined Ferrari and a rear engined Porsche. Looking forward to hearing driving impressions and ownership reports of your babies!

Hi Vitalone

thank you - You have a very good eye ! The 993 is mine and is a 4S in paint to sample Rivierablau. The 2.7 RS is a genuine one that belongs to a friend. My other 911s are a PCA 911 Club Coupe and a F model 2.4S Targa. Your dream stable is truly great. I don`t have any Ferrari related driving impressions to share yet, this is a to do. I have plenty of 911 kms on the other hand. I am very happy about the purchase of the 575 and the best is still to come I guess.
post #10 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 05:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Nicely done and congratulations.
Let's hope that you enjoy a very mild and short-lived winter!

Try this thread (575 UK owners): http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...ttery-charging
If the pigtail is not under the bonnet/engine hood on the right (or left side) you will have to determine if the trickle charger pigtail connection located in the car. In my 360, it is located on the driver side. However, on my Testarossa it is under the hood, very near the battery, which sounds like it may be for your car.

Im certain that Taz may have the correct answer and most importantly, get his advice re: the battery quick disconnect knob and resetting the ECU.

If the connector is not under the bonnet/hood, obviously I would look for the pigtail connectors inside the cabin.

Good-luck,
Al

Last edited by 360 Modena; 01-27-2014 at 05:32 AM.
post #11 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 05:25 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by riviera View Post
Hi Vitalone

thank you - You have a very good eye ! The 993 is mine and is a 4S in paint to sample Rivierablau. The 2.7 RS is a genuine one that belongs to a friend. My other 911s are a PCA 911 Club Coupe and a F model 2.4S Targa. Your dream stable is truly great. I don`t have any Ferrari related driving impressions to share yet, this is a to do. I have plenty of 911 kms on the other hand. I am very happy about the purchase of the 575 and the best is still to come I guess.
Excellent taste! Riviera blue is a classic 993 colour (much like maritime blue is for the 964s).I have a D model (1972) 2.4S Targa. My former 993 C2 and I enjoyed 8 years and 65,000 fabulous km together. I sold her as they would not register her in Bratislava (right hand drive!) and replaced her with my 550 Maranello "bluebird" that I registered in Bratislava after jumping through a lot of hoops. I am now in Jersey and am in the process of registering the bluebird here. I have gone to the dark side here in that my daily driver is a 2007 997 targa 4. A water-cooled 911? Sacrilege! I love it!

David

post #12 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Welcome to Ferrari Life and that is a really beautiful 575M in a unique color. Here she is included in the database. She came with quite a few updates from the factory.

Tazandjan, thank you very much. I have read the document where you are tracking the updates with great care prior to purchasing the 575. Just a curiosity why in your registry document you don`t keep track of the color combinations (interior/exterior)? I was initially searching for an Azzurro California car but I guess they are very very rare and seldom appear on the market.
post #13 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
Nicely done and congratulations.
Let's hope that you enjoy a very mild and short-lived winter!

Try this thread (575 UK owners): 575 battery charging
If the pigtail is not under the bonnet/engine hood on the right (or left side) you will have to determine if the trickle charger pigtail connection located in the car. In my 360, it is located on the driver side. However, on my Testarossa it is under the hood, very near the battery, which sounds like it may be for your car.

Im certain that Taz may have the correct answer and most importantly, get his advice re: the battery quick disconnect knob and resetting the ECU.

If the connector is not under the bonnet/hood, obviously I would look for the pigtail connectors inside the cabin.

Good-luck,
Al

Al, thank you for the advices and the link will have a look there. I am quite concerned about the battery disconnection (with the dedicated switch) and would prefer to avoid that, having read that upon reconnection the ECUs have to do the re-learning cycles (and not always the process is straight). I guess this concern comes from (my) total inexperience . As for the winter: since few days it keeps snowing here and there is more and more salt on the roads. Regards Alex
post #14 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Excellent taste! Riviera blue is a classic 993 colour (much like maritime blue is for the 964s).I have a D model (1972) 2.4S Targa. My former 993 C2 and I enjoyed 8 years and 65,000 fabulous km together. I sold her as they would not register her in Bratislava (right hand drive!) and replaced her with my 550 Maranello "bluebird" that I registered in Bratislava after jumping through a lot of hoops. I am now in Jersey and am in the process of registering the bluebird here. I have gone to the dark side here in that my daily driver is a 2007 997 targa 4. A water-cooled 911? Sacrilege! I love it!

Hi Vitalone, pre-bumper S are great cars and nice to drive (specially on alpine passes) . Pity you could not register your 993 but your replacement is magnificent. As a daily driver the 997 is a very good car, Targa is nice and special , not many around. I daily drive an Audi S4 Avant which is ok and is quite understated which I don`t mind when driving in the office car park.

I read your posts about your trips in Europe, very enjoyable and made me understand that this car can be properly used. This year the Porsches will stay put and I will drive the Ferrari (Stelvio , Grossglockner and Toscana are on the cards!), just have to convince my wife! Regards Alex
post #15 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
Riviera- The 575Ms originally had only a Zivan optional (~$900) charger and never came with a CTEK, which was not introduced as a Ferrari standard until late 2007. On my CTEK, I just use the alligator clips on the battery positive terminal and a good ground. Mine has not been on the car for about 4 years, since she is driven every week and left alone at max about 10 days. So far no problems with the battery.

I doubt the original Zivan connector will work with the CTEK charger and there was not much advantage to using it since the connector was down near the radiator on the starboard side and no more convenient than the alligator clips.

My database is just for technical details so I can match up when cars were updated. Matthias and Carbon McCoy keep track of those details and Carbon notes owners, too, which I never do. I do file photos of the 575Ms on my hard drive if I have them.

As an example, your car has the straight center pipes introduced at AN 51797 and the steering position sensor package and 50 amp F1 pump relay introduced at AN 52556.

Here is the optional 575M battery charger connector that can be purchased, but I do not think it will work with the CTEK. You might be able to adapt a 612, F430, or 599 CTEK connector, since all of them became standard in Fall 07.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: doc 575M 575 SA Updates Rev 1.8.doc (45.0 KB, 68 views)

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Last edited by tazandjan; 01-28-2014 at 12:03 PM.
post #16 of 33 Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Dear All

thank you for the kind welcome . Ferrarilife has been a great source of information.
Unfortunately winter is here and will have to wait until March, at least, to be able to drive (I live in Prague - Czech Republic) .

Some more information about my 575: the car was sold new in Rome in May 2004, and currently has 24,000 km on the odometer having two owners before me. I have all the documents and invoices that belong to the car , it appears to have been regularly serviced. I will expect to do on top of the yearly service the belts and airbags replacements this year. The belts were done in 2009 at around 15,000 Km.

I have a question for the 575 owners: I do not have installed the factory option for the connection of the trickle charger, how do you connect the charger (ctek) in the absence of it, is it still possible or not?

Thanks again! Regards , Alex

Few more photos:

Hi Alex,
welcome between us, cars passionate people ...
Compliments for your beatiful 575, great colour and nice interior beige, km after km you will more enthusiastic ...
I have an 04 hgtc red, I like red colour ....
I expect you impression, and pictures, if you like ....

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #17 of 33 Old 01-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Owner

Quote:
Hi Vitalone, pre-bumper S are great cars and nice to drive (specially on alpine passes) . Pity you could not register your 993 but your replacement is magnificent. As a daily driver the 997 is a very good car, Targa is nice and special , not many around. I daily drive an Audi S4 Avant which is ok and is quite understated which I don`t mind when driving in the office car park.

I read your posts about your trips in Europe, very enjoyable and made me understand that this car can be properly used. This year the Porsches will stay put and I will drive the Ferrari (Stelvio , Grossglockner and Toscana are on the cards!), just have to convince my wife! Regards Alex
Thanks for your kind words Alex! I am thrilled with the 997 targa 4. As you say it is rare (only about 900 made) and I enjoy the wide body, reminds me a lot of my 993. In June last year I enjoyed the 550 on the Stelvio, Grimsel, Furka etc passes. You will have an absolute blast in the 575! And your wife will enjoy the cruise to get there, the Maranello cabin is a fabulous place to be in. For both driver and passenger! Funnily enough planning to visit the Grossglockner in September. Risk of bad weathert then but not too concerned given the four wheel drive and superb traction of the targa!
Attached Images

David

post #18 of 33 Old 01-28-2014, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Riviera- The 575Ms originally had only a Zivan optional (~$900) charger and never came with a CTEK, which was not introduced as a Ferrari standard until late 2007. On my CTEK, I just use the alligator clips on the battery positive terminal and a good ground. Mine has not been on the car for about 4 years, since she is driven every week and left alone at max about 10 days. So far no problems with the battery.

I doubt the original Zivan connector will work with the CTEK charger and there was not much advantage to using it since the connector was down near the radiator on the starboard side and no more convenient than the alligator clips.

My database is just for technical details so I can match up when cars were updated. Matthias and Carbon McCoy keep track of those details and Carbon notes owners, too, which I never do. I do file photos of the 575Ms on my hard drive if I have them.

As an example, your car has the straight center pipes introduced at AN 51797 and the steering position sensor package and 50 amp F1 pump relay introduced at AN 52556.

Here is the optional 575M battery charger connector that can be purchased, but I do not think it will work with the CTEK. You might be able to adapt a 612, F430, or 599 CTEK connector, since all of them became standard in Fall 03.

Taz - Thank you very much for the detailed feedback. When you plug the Ctek alligator clips to the battery, do you also disconnect the battery with the switch?
With regards to the straight center pipes introduced at AN 51797 how that compares (soundwise) to the previous exhaust (before this modification)?
post #19 of 33 Old 01-28-2014, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Hi Alex,
welcome between us, cars passionate people ...
Compliments for your beatiful 575, great colour and nice interior beige, km after km you will more enthusiastic ...
I have an 04 hgtc red, I like red colour ....
I expect you impression, and pictures, if you like ....

Ciao Fabio, grazie, bellissima la tua 575 . Ho letto I tuoi post scritti durante l`acquisto della tua splendida auto. Per me e` la prima (meglio tardi che mai). Foto poche per ora, qui nevica. Un caro saluto da Praga.
Sorry for the Italian, have to exercise a bit :-)
post #20 of 33 Old 01-28-2014, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words Alex! I am thrilled with the 997 targa 4. As you say it is rare (only about 900 made) and I enjoy the wide body, reminds me a lot of my 993. In June last year I enjoyed the 550 on the Stelvio, Grimsel, Furka etc passes. You will have an absolute blast in the 575! And your wife will enjoy the cruise to get there, the Maranello cabin is a fabulous place to be in. For both driver and passenger! Funnily enough planning to visit the Grossglockner in September. Risk of bad weathert then but not too concerned given the four wheel drive and superb traction of the targa!

Very welcome! The Targa is a gem, very special and very elegant in your color specially. Those are rare cars indeed, considering the average production for a 911 ranges from 25 to 30 thousand units per year. There are less Targas than 997 GT3s .
My wife still has to get used to the 575 (in fact we drove 15 km before it started snowing and had to put it back in the garage) , but it was the same with the 911s so I guess just a matter of time and adaptation .
Grossglockner in September can be a risky proposition. We went twice in beginning of June and had moderate snow but overall was ok . Last year on Stelvio we did not make it since it was closed from the Austrian side due to snow (we tried to go around through Bormio but failed to get there!).
This is how it looked on the Grossglockner in 2012 (June)
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode