New Non-Ferrari Owner Here ~ - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
New Non-Ferrari Owner Here ~

Hello fellow Ferrari owners here, I'm Hozhun (Ho-Zhun) and I'm from Malaysia.

I'm 15 yrs old but going 16 next year.

I study in a private school in Malaysia and I love Ferrari very much. The first time I see a Ferrari is when I'm 13 where my new secondary school friend's father owns a F430.

From that moment onwards, I fell in love for Ferrari. Though Pagani, Bugatti, Lamborghini are much attractive and faster, but Ferrari is much more down to earth as compare to other supercars.

My target is to study hard during 16 yrs old, then pass the O-level (SPM) when I'm 17.

Then move to UK during 18 and study. If possible, i would like to enrol in Cambridge. Most probably economic major.

When graduated around 21/22, get a job in investment bank as an analyst. Work for 1-2 years then switch to either HF/VC/PE.

Work my ass off, hopefully can buy at least a semi detached house or bungalow (RM5mil) in Malaysia for my parents by 30 yrs old.

Get a Ferrari 308 GTS by 32, learn how to handle a Ferrari.

Invest on upcoming GTO models (hopefully there's more GTO after the 599), spend less on cars and save the money on properties to achieve the "GTO Investor" title.

Retired by 45 yrs old. Buy a few more properties, by 55 yrs old hopefully can own at least 2 GTOs and 1 F40/F50/Enzo.

What a good life if everything goes smoothly ~ Btw this is just my simple thoughts of life. Hope didn't make anyone here angry

And tomorrow is PMR (Qualifications for form 3 students) results announcement day!!! Excited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
Ho-Zhun- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Sounds like you have your future all mapped out and a Ferrari as part of that is a good goal. Best of luck in that.

If you have not found it, ferraridatabase.com has all kinds of free downloads of Ferrari tech and sales data.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
welcome hozhun. enjoy the site. grammatically you are incorrect about being a fellow owner.fellow ferrari lover i'm sure though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 11 Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,500
Welcome to FL and good luck in your aspirations - nice to see someone who recognises that hard work is an important ingredient in success and whose aspirations include taking care of your parents.

Incidentally, I, too, am originally from Malaysia: I was born in KL.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #5 of 11 Old 12-21-2013, 02:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Welcome. A good plan, but I would really like to caution against a goal like "retire at 45".

Firstly, it is very hard to achieve. In Holland the average age for males is now over 80, and it rises by a couple of years each decade. With advances in medical technology, you should certainly expect to live to 90, and plan for 100. This means that if you retire at 45 you have only 23 years of productive life to earn enough for 78 years of living.... Given that you also want to live your golden years at a decent standard, you will need to earn the equivalent of at least 10 times the average wage.

Second, I have known a couple of people who achieved the goal of retiring at 40 or 45. Within a year, they are usually back at work. This is because you will have needed to work your ass off to achieve the goal. So you hardly have time for anything else. Then suddenly stopping, sitting on the couch, you just don't know what to do with yourself. You can have only so many days on a beach before you yearn for doing what you do best.

Third, if a partner comes into your life, all your plans go out the window.

And let us not forget what John Lennon said: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans". No-one's life path goes as they predicted at 15. No-one. But that is what makes it such a wonderful journey. And it is certainly true that without plans it call comes to nothing. So keep dreaming, keep planning, keep working hard. Just be flexible enough to take the opportunities when they come past.

Best of luck!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #6 of 11 Old 12-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 161
Good plan Hozhun, what I have found common among people who have money is this.
1. When we are young we don't have the latest and greatest i.e. new phone every 2 years
2. We value education
3. When we leave for work it's dark outside
4. When we com home, it's dark outside.
5. We invest something out of every pay period / bonus even if it's small at first.
6. We didn't win the lottery
7. We plan for the future.

After that the only advice I can give a young man is avoid the clap, get a prenuptial agreement signed before you commit to marriage, and don't extend yourself on credit.

Welcome to the evil capitalist world. We have cookies
post #7 of 11 Old 12-22-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
@Bluebottle then r u a Chinese? That live in England now?

---

@PRS Guitarist Actually I've never thought of marriage, maybe I'll marry when I'm around 40? Haha

---

@JazzyO what? Average age there 80? I guess noone live that long in my country (just a few)
post #8 of 11 Old 12-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozhun2013 View Post
@Bluebottle then r u a Chinese? That live in England now?
No, British. We left Malaya when I was about six months old - my late father had been out there working for the Sultan of Selangor at the time I was born.

Best wishes, John
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #9 of 11 Old 12-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Second, I have known a couple of people who achieved the goal of retiring at 40 or 45. Within a year, they are usually back at work.
Too true! I retired at 40. It sounded idyllic, and was for a while, but fairly soon I got bored, so I started a second career. I am now thinking about retiring again next year (60), but I probably shan't: I'll just go into a gentle decline!

Best wishes, John
post #10 of 11 Old 12-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
Too true! I retired at 40. It sounded idyllic, and was for a while, but fairly soon I got bored, so I started a second career. I am now thinking about retiring again next year (60), but I probably shan't: I'll just go into a gentle decline!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Welcome. A good plan, but I would really like to caution against a goal like "retire at 45".

Firstly, it is very hard to achieve. In Holland the average age for males is now over 80, and it rises by a couple of years each decade. With advances in medical technology, you should certainly expect to live to 90, and plan for 100. This means that if you retire at 45 you have only 23 years of productive life to earn enough for 78 years of living.... Given that you also want to live your golden years at a decent standard, you will need to earn the equivalent of at least 10 times the average wage.

Second, I have known a couple of people who achieved the goal of retiring at 40 or 45. Within a year, they are usually back at work. This is because you will have needed to work your ass off to achieve the goal. So you hardly have time for anything else. Then suddenly stopping, sitting on the couch, you just don't know what to do with yourself. You can have only so many days on a beach before you yearn for doing what you do best.

Third, if a partner comes into your life, all your plans go out the window.

And let us not forget what John Lennon said: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans". No-one's life path goes as they predicted at 15. No-one. But that is what makes it such a wonderful journey. And it is certainly true that without plans it call comes to nothing. So keep dreaming, keep planning, keep working hard. Just be flexible enough to take the opportunities when they come past.

Best of luck!

Onno
Wise words gents. In my 20s two goals were to own a Ferrari by my 30th birthday and retire by my 50th. I achieved no. 1 but have now adjusted no. 2 to 'be able to retire when I'm 50'. And even if I can, I sincerely doubt I will.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #11 of 11 Old 12-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
... Oh and welcome to FL Hozhun

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode