New member from Maryland - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 10-03-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 161
New member from Maryland

This past week my dream car became a reality. Ladies and gentlemen, my first Ferrari. I purchased it on 9-30-13 from a seller in California and it will be loaded on a carrier on the 8th. It should be at my house on the 14th. I am looking forward to weekend "Road trips" through the Appalachian mountains on Skyline drive this fall and making a lot of great memories. You can't understand how wonderful this feels to finally realize your dream car.... or wait.. maybe you can
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #3 of 33 Old 10-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Conrats on your new acquisition. These cars are grossly under appreciated in the market, I expect you should find it to be a great deal of fun. Great first Ferrari.

post #4 of 33 Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Congrats on your new toy. Hope you have lots of fun. If you need anything for the car please let me know.We make great mats for this car . Check out my thread on mats. Please visit my website and Facebook page.
Thanks
post #5 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 04:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 216
Bob,

Congrats on the recent purchase!! I'm sure you're just dying to get that car here and be able to drive her like crazy. Enjoy the car, get her dirty and welcome to Ferrari ownership.

I'm not sure where in Maryland you live, but there are several Cars and Coffee in the DMV area. Please lets us know which area you live in so we can let you know which one is close to you.

And if you haven't heard, next year the Mid-Atlantic region is hosting the 2014 Ferrari Club of America International Meet. There will be Ferrari's from all over the county coming out to participate in the concours, track events and rally. You can check out our website at: Ferrari Club of America 2014 Annual Meet

Bill P.
post #6 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
Bob, congrats on your purchase!
That car looks GREAT in blue.

Where in MD do you reside?

You need to come out and meet us at Annapolis Cars and Coffee, City Dock Annapolis 8am-noon on Sundays
(after the boat shows, next meet up is Oct 20). Barchetta usually buys the first cup of coffee for the newbies.

OFF TOPIC
You have great taste in cars AND guitars!

I have 3 PRS guitars - am a big fan (custom wide/thin 24 fret, McCarty and Santana models).
It turns out that my neighbor had been given one of the first guitars by Paul at a concert and told to "try it out."
Derek St Holmes now plays with Paul's band and is still the lead singer/guitarist w/Ted Nugent.
I wish I could play licks and sign as well as him! Watch him sing and belt this tune out w/Ted (Paul is adjusting the amp volume):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKEPVT9_ik

Here's Derek with Paul's band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbbEDKSgXY

We should head over to the factory some day with Derek.

Last edited by 360 Modena; 10-04-2013 at 05:42 AM.
post #7 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
We should head over to the factory some day with Derek.
Count me in too! ...even though I just bought a Les Paul last week

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #8 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks guys / 360 Modena

I have two PRS Guitars, both custom 22's, one is an artist package in blue (beginning to see a pattern here with the blue thing) and a 20 anniversary 10 top in gray. Love them both. I am in southern Md about 20 miles south of Annapolis. Would love to join you guys for coffee in Annapolis. Will watch the posts for future events. BTW... Maryland sure does take her pound of flesh during the registration process, I have suggested that they add lube to the list of things you need to bring to the MVA when you go with an exotic.
post #9 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS Guitarist View Post
I have two PRS Guitars, both custom 22's, one is an artist package in blue (beginning to see a pattern here with the blue thing) and a 20 anniversary 10 top in gray. Love them both. I am in southern Md about 20 miles south of Annapolis. Would love to join you guys for coffee in Annapolis. Will watch the posts for future events. BTW... Maryland sure does take her pound of flesh during the registration process, I have suggested that they add lube to the list of things you need to bring to the MVA when you go with an exotic.
Beautiful car and a big congrats. Yes Maryland does take a pound of flesh when you purchase. Just be glad you don't live in VA, where they take their pound every year!
post #10 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Welcome Bob. Excellent taste with both the PRS guitars and the 550 I have a lowly Epiphone but aspire to both someday!! That 550 is the same color I want!

As Alpo suggested, please make your way to the Annapolis City dock for Sunday morning Cars and. Coffee. Al is the organizer and likes to treat new participants to a FREE COFFEE!!!!! On his dime of course.... very generous guy.... just ask him!!

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #11 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
Welcome Bob. Excellent taste with both the PRS guitars and the 550 I have a lowly Epiphone but aspire to both someday!! That 550 is the same color I want!

As Alpo suggested, please make your way to the Annapolis City dock for Sunday morning Cars and. Coffee. Al is the organizer and likes to treat new participants to a FREE COFFEE!!!!! On his dime of course.... very generous guy.... just ask him!!
Bob, nice axes!

I buy the first coffee and Barchetta buys you a all the crepes you can eat!
See you in a couple of weeks after the boat shows.
Get in touch with Scott P who drives up from Pax River in his Porsche.
post #12 of 33 Old 10-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,851
Bob- She looks great.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #13 of 33 Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
great car and color combo. hope to see it and you around town.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #14 of 33 Old 10-15-2013, 04:30 AM
Owner

Bob, check this link out:

Paul Reed Smith Interview: PRS Rules Of Tone (Epic Fail) - YouTube

Derek St Holmes is moving out of my community at the end of the month (I spoke to him this week while he was walking his dog). He said he come over and sign my PRS autographed McCarty.

I'll see if we can get a private tour of the factory if you are interested. We might have to get him behind the wheels of our cars.

Last edited by 360 Modena; 10-16-2013 at 05:46 AM.
post #15 of 33 Old 10-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
The best interview of Paul, I've ever seen. Very informative

post #16 of 33 Old 02-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Owner

I know we have a few guitar players on here. Check out Rocksmith 2014. I bought the PC version and my only big complaint so far is you have to also go and purchase the orginal version to purchase any of the songs for the original version of Rocksmith. I bitched for a while but found it on Ebay for $20 and it comes with 50 more songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxYbMYnLec

I'm using it to learn the leads to Aerosmiths Walk This Way right now. Spending way too much time playing! It's like Guitar Hero only you plug a real electric guitar into it and you actually have to play it.

Life is Good!
post #17 of 33 Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner

As long as you are practicing correctly I don't see a down side. When others have asked me about learning to play I have always told them to get lessons to learn how to properly hold the guitar and fret the notes, then when they get home play a song that they love for awhile. It breaks the monotony of scales.
I'm sure I will try this, if only because Jerry Cantrell endorsed it.
post #18 of 33 Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Owner

I downloaded BB King The Thrill is Gone and have been having fun with that one. Shows you the bends and slides etc. I don't know if its the tool of choice for someone that has never held a guitar before but there are some nice youtube videos clarifiying a few things for Rocksmith beginners. Has me playing a lot more than usual and some of the games are addictive.

I'm running it on my PC but I think it was written to run native on a game console. I believe if I owned and xbox or PS3 I'd go that way.

Life is Good!
post #19 of 33 Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 AM
Owner

Bob, what's your rate for lessons? :-)
post #20 of 33 Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I will never be caught teaching guitar or golf. I have too many bad habits that took me years to perfect. I just love to play

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode