Hello, New member in Eastern, NC - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Hello, New member in Eastern, NC

Hello everyone. I'm a new member in Greenville, NC. After years of wanting a Ferrari I am finally in the position to fulfill the dream. I've been reading the boards for several months now and have taken numerous notes on what to look for, what to expect etc. First of all I would like to say you guys and gals have a heck of a community with vast wealth of knowledge. It's impressive the willingness of everyone to help out. My search begins today in earnest to find my Ferrari.

My first question to everyone is: Does anyone know if there are any reputable Ferrari mechanics in eastern North Carolina or the Raleigh area? I know FCI out in Greensboro, but that is quite a hike.

My game plan is to buy a 360 this winter or early spring keep it for a few years then move up to a F430 or maybe even a 458 if the prices get down some. I thought about waiting until 2015 spring and jumping in a F430, but I can't wait any longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Shawn- Welcome to Ferrari Life. A 360 is a good starter Ferrari and not too expensive to maintain. Cannot help you much on NC technicians.

If you go to ferraridatabase.com, you can download owners manuals and workshop manuals for the 360 and a bunch of other Ferraris.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-11-2013, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Thanks Taz. Somehow I knew you'd comment. I've been downloading everything I can find on 360's and the F430's. When ever I get into something, I go 100%. And for a purchase such as this, I do not like surprises and the only way to avoid surprises is to become an expert. Everytime I read your signature/tag line I laugh, because I agree. I always tell my friends I sit with my back to the wall so no one can sneak up and shoot me.

It amazes me how much information is available about Ferrari's, servicing, buying, selling. As a kid I always just liked the cars and knew I'd own a Ferrari one day. I said by the time I'm 35 I'd own one. Instead I bought a boat, well I just sold the boat, going to miss it, but I wasn't using it enough anymore. Now time to get my car. Over the last 4-5months I've been reading, studying etc, and lurking on the forums and am kicking my self for NOT getting one years ago. I've missed out! Thanks for the welcoming!

post #4 of 8 Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Shawn- Welcome to Ferrari Life. A 360 is a good starter Ferrari and not too expensive to maintain. Cannot help you much on NC technicians.

If you go to ferraridatabase.com, you can download owners manuals and workshop manuals for the 360 and a bunch of other Ferraris.
+1, Shawn. Good luck with your search, which is half the fun. You should have ample to choose from. It would be best if you get to drive one to see what things you like and do not.

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #5 of 8 Old 07-12-2013, 08:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayzee1 View Post
I sit with my back to the wall so no one can sneak up and shoot me.
+1 somehow I do not like to leave my back free either, always avoid if possible.

Welcome here though!

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #6 of 8 Old 07-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 71
Good luck on the search Shawn.....jumped in last fall and got my 360....don't know how I made it as long as I did without her....I'm sure you will find the same.....and I'm sure you may have already looked into them, but I found the buyers guides here to be a good adjunct to the already mentioned vast amount of knowledge one can accrue by reading posts here in FL.
Welcome again and good luck with the search!

JASON

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
post #7 of 8 Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Congrats Shawn.
I'm uncertain that I could stomach the wait.

Carpe Diem my friend.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 135
Ciao Shawn , welcome to Ferrari Life !!
Good luck on the search !

2008 430 Scuderia
2003 360 Modena

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode