Ferrari Dreamer - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Ferrari Dreamer

My love and passion for Ferrari is amazing. Having gone to the museum in maranello twice now and riding in ferraris all over the U.S., it is my dream to someday own a Ferrari. Since I am only 14, my hopes of owning such a machine are nowhere near soon. I joined this blog in hopes of learning lots about ferraris in how they are built, their history and about the engines inside them. If somebody can direct me to where I could find all this information it would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Timmy- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Going to the museum puts you two up on me. It did not even exist last time I visited the factory in 1983. Hope you enjoy your stay here and let us know if we can help.

If you go to ferraridatabase.com, you can download for free all kinds on data on Ferraris.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 02:50 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Welcome here Timmy! One of my favourite site to dig up some historical information is UltimateCarPage and Conceptcarz. There are a way lot of Ferraris collected there with pictures and great historical+technical data. I would also suggest you to read back on FLife in most sections as this is wealthiest site I've ever seen. Getting some books would also help, there are numerous topics back in the Ferrari Discussion section selecting great books.

If you are in the mood to collect data, Barchetta.cc is another great place to gather plain info per chassis numbers.

Good hunting!

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem

post #4 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDag View Post
My love and passion for Ferrari is amazing. Having gone to the museum in maranello twice now and riding in ferraris all over the U.S., it is my dream to someday own a Ferrari. Since I am only 14, my hopes of owning such a machine are nowhere near soon. I joined this blog in hopes of learning lots about ferraris in how they are built, their history and about the engines inside them. If somebody can direct me to where I could find all this information it would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU
Try Google, it`s all there...
post #5 of 9 Old 06-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Welcome

There's so much good information here it's hard to say where to begin. But don't be afraid to ask questions

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
post #6 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Thanks

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am going to Be on the computer for a while today just researching cars! I just had one more question. I would love to recieve the Ferrari Magazine, but it is to expensive for myself, what car magazines are best that are at a reasonable price?
post #7 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDag View Post
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I am going to Be on the computer for a while today just researching cars! I just had one more question. I would love to recieve the Ferrari Magazine, but it is to expensive for myself, what car magazines are best that are at a reasonable price?
I can't advise you on magazines for your location but can surely suggest to get loads of Ferrari books. I just received another for the collection: Ferrari 250 and its racing records and it's full of details about most of the 250s including every race attendances, detailed on 41 pages! (The whole book is around 130 pages I guess. Have a look around here on the site for good books, also on ebay and else. Plenty of great data.

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #8 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Timm- Forza and Cavallino are the two commercial, Ferrari-only magazines. They are not that expensive and subscriptions would be worthwhile.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
I just looked up Forza, they offer a free trial. Think I will be signing up for that!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode