Hello! Not an owner. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Hello! Not an owner.

Hello, my name is Nate. I'm not an owner of a Ferrari and nor do I have the money to own one. I don't even have my driving permit! I'm only 14 years old and I am here to ask for knowledge on how to get enough income to hopefully own a Ferrari in the future. I'm sorry if you guys get asked this a lot but what is your source of income and how do you invest your money (stocks, real estate, etc.)? Thanks! (Sorry if I sound like a brat.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Nate- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Many different ways to own a Ferrari, but the best advice I can give you is to do well in high school and college and get a degree in something with a future. Anybody with a good job can afford a Ferrari. There are good 308s, Mondials, etc out there for about the same money as a new mid-size sedan. Maintenance, however, is quite a bit more.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Nate, welcome to FL and for your courage in being honest. Everyone is welcome here with or w/o F car. Just the interest and passion that counts foremost.

I wish I can give you an answer to your query but I would let others do that. No doubt education is critical, but not everything in todays' world. IMHO, the foremost is to find a path that you believe you can excel most, in other words find things that interest you most.

I commend you to already have interest and passion as such at your age. I do not think I was as focused as you are if I trace my recollection.

Good luck and enjoy FL.

w/ smiles

Jimmy

post #4 of 9 Old 06-17-2013, 03:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Welcome Nate. I agree with all of Jimmy's wise words. The short answer is that you need to get money, not only for a Ferrari but for security in life. How do you get it? If you are asking these questions (as I did at your age) I can probably rule out rich parents. That means you have to earn it. Pure and simple. Learn how to work and study hard, look for opportunities and expect to fail, again and again and again. Do this over and over and then one day you will eventually be rewarded. And remember that ownership of a Ferrari isn't that important in the end, it's the passion that is. There are many owners in this forum such as Jimmy who own cars that are as far away from my means as the cheapest Ferrari is currently for you. But I still absolutely love looking at them and reading about them. Hey one day I might even be able to ride in one! Put in the hard yards Nate and it will happen.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #5 of 9 Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Welcome Nate! What are the plans for the future?

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #6 of 9 Old 06-17-2013, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranTurismo View Post
Welcome Nate! What are the plans for the future?
I plan to go to college and get a computer science degree. After that I plan to start my own company or work for Google or some other tech company.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateK View Post
I plan to go to college and get a computer science degree. After that I plan to start my own company or work for Google or some other tech company.
Sounds good! With a Bachelor CS Degree it would be a nice background to achieve your goals and also there would be a lot of different job opportunities. Good luck and study/work hard! I'm currently doing this with mechanical engineering...

"Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future" - Horace, Carpe Diem
post #8 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateK View Post
Nate, while I am not an F owner (yet), I think I can give you some advice for college. Don't just take CS classes! I was in school to be a journalist, but while in college I took some real estate classes. BEST CLASSES I took. I "use" my degree in Mass Media (Journalism), but I am now a commercial real estate appraiser. As it turns out, the skills I learned in my MM classes really help me when writing an appraisal report.

My point is, while it's good to be focused don't "miss the forest for the trees". You should also take some classes that your interested in JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN! College is a wonderful experience, don't forget to live a little while there.

Also, if your parents haven't put money away for you to go to school, try to save as much as you can so you don't have to borrow money to go to school. While it's great to have a degree, it SUCKS having more in student loan debt than you will make the first year out of school. The first two years of college are filler classes, maybe think about going to a community college to get those core classes knocked out (at a MUCH lower cost per semester), just make sure the credits will transfer to the "big" college of your choosing.

Good luck.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Nate welcome to F life

You're very young, so I'll give you some advice and an actual example. Take it for whatever it's worth

You goal to do well in life should not be just to get a Ferrari...should be to be able to provide for your family or live a comfortable life. Make sure you save money for the unexpected... (I call it the "in case shit happens" fund)

Hard work will get you far.

Plus, don't overextend yourself. Knew a guy when I was in training, thought he had his finances all squared away, and got a dodge viper. Didn't take into account insurance, maintainence, etc. And he lived above his means...

He ended up going broke (he didn't make that much money, at least not as much as he thought!) almost filing for bankruptcy, and selling his Viper.

Good luck!

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode