Hello from a new member! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-12-2013, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Hello from a new member!

Hello!

I love cars and my stable includes/has included the following cars over the last 6 years: black Maserati Quattroporte (currently the sexiest sedan on the planet in my opinion), black BMW 528, white Audi A8L, white Range Rover Sport, black BMW 750 and grey Dodge Charger.

I live in Miami. Very busy growing my businesses and planning to add an exceptional automobile later this year. Budget would be $200,000 max. It will become my daily driver (like the QP) as I believe a car is made to be enjoyed and driven (depreciation does not bother me).

I would rather have a car with 4 real seats or 2+2 (to go places locally with friends or when my family is in town), however it is not a deal-breaker (I have other cars). Only a new car or a recent car with warranty/CPO would do.

Several cars so far on my list:

. Ferrari 612 (majestic, sexy, roomy, V12, ...). It is on top of my list!

. Ferrari California (a sexy line and I love the rear). The rear seats are small but may be enough for people up to 5'7' for local trips.

. Aston Martin DBS, DB9 or Rapide

. Maserati GranTurismo

The FF is fabulous (I saw it several times at my FM dealer and in the streets) but current prices are too expensive for me (may be in the future...). I love the 456 too but I want a car under warranty and I want to use it as a daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
S- Welcome to Ferrari Life. The 612 has proven very reliable and definitely has more back seat room than the California. The California is from a newer generation with dual clutch transmission and all the latest features, including retractable hard top if that interests you. Your $200K means you can afford the last 612 model, the OTO, with 599 transaxle case and 599 dual plate clutch, plus the glass roof.

Go to ferraridatabase.com and you can download owners manuals for both models.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 14 Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Welcome to the site. If you need any help , please feel free to call or email me.
Thanks
Alex.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Welcome!

Buy a six twelve.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Weclome to FLife.

The 612 is a wonderful dd.

You may not be far off from the FF - they are currently being advertised below 300k.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 135
Ciao,
welcome to FerrariLife !
599 GTB Fiorano ??

2008 430 Scuderia
2003 360 Modena
post #7 of 14 Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for all your messages!

Nothing is set in stone yet but the 612 is definitely the one that I am thinking of. A recent one as the budget will allow it (CPO of course). California, Aston Martin, all on my mind too.

The FF is still about $100,000 over my maximum budget, a lot more than what I am planning. The Maserati GranTurismo would be the cheapest one to buy (brand-new or 1-year old) but I already bought a Maserati Quattroporte (not sold yet on the look of the new QP).

I will definitely have various questions for current owners when I get closer to pulling the trigger.
post #8 of 14 Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
welcome aboard

- Brett

-----------------------
Current: 1978 308 GTB (25823)
Past:
Other: 2011 Audi A6 Avant
post #9 of 14 Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
I'm very fond of the 612. I've bought two new ones, keeping the last. It is a very cool ride, majestic like you say, not overly aggressive design wise but elegant and with a hotel drive way presence only an older Roller can match. Bell boys shooting out by the bundle to be helpful.

Like Terry says; go for glass roof - you won't regret it. It also has a very fast gear box software and the manettino layout on the wheel. The sound system is awesome, the torque makes minced meat out of the Cali. Matching suit case kit and four umbrellas in the doors and behind the front seats are a must.

I just had mine straight piped and inside it's all business as usual whereas outside dogs are wetting themselves and little children get traumatised

Prices are a joke, it's a steal. Get one...!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #10 of 14 Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Welcome aboard sunshine. I joined recently and I also live in the magic city. This forum is full of information for guys like us so I am sure you will like it here

I also had a QP which I recently sold. Not sold on the looks of its replacement either.

My vote is for the 612 too. Never liked it until recently though.

If there's anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask

Saludos
post #11 of 14 Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
I'm very fond of the 612. I've bought two new ones, keeping the last. It is a very cool ride, majestic like you say, not overly aggressive design wise but elegant and with a hotel drive way presence only an older Roller can match. Bell boys shooting out by the bundle to be helpful.

Like Terry says; go for glass roof - you won't regret it. It also has a very fast gear box software and the manettino layout on the wheel. The sound system is awesome, the torque makes minced meat out of the Cali. Matching suit case kit and four umbrellas in the doors and behind the front seats are a must. I just had mine straight piped and inside it's all business as usual whereas outside dogs are wetting themselves and little children get traumatised Prices are a joke, it's a steal. Get one...!
Thank you very much for your opinion and the information.

By the way, I like your signature ("The bad news: Time flies - The good news: I'm the pilot - You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and also much higher").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxemus View Post
Welcome aboard sunshine. I joined recently and I also live in the magic city. This forum is full of information for guys like us so I am sure you will like it here. I also had a QP which I recently sold. Not sold on the looks of its replacement either. My vote is for the 612 too. Never liked it until recently though. If there's anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask. Saludos
Thanks. Why didn't you like the 612 before? Did you buy your QP at "The Collection", if yes, what do you think of the dealership (as they may have 612s available in the future + Ferrari and Aston Martin authorized dealers)?

My FM dealer is The Experience Group in Fort-Lauderdale (Florida and 2 locations in New York), only good things to say about them.
post #12 of 14 Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
Don't waste your money on a 456 unless you just want one for irregular use.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #13 of 14 Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 239
Sunshine
For me the 612 has kinda grown on me. Maybe I dislike the FF so much that it made the 612 that much nicer.

Yes I buy my cars at the Collection. Great experience with them so far except for getting a loaner which can take a while.
post #14 of 14 Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Go to ferraridatabase.com and you can download owners manuals for both models.
Thank you for the link! Plenty of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Don't waste your money on a 456 unless you just want one for irregular use.
I really like the 456, always did since it was released. But I need a daily driver and a car under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxemus View Post
Yes I buy my cars at the Collection. Great experience with them so far except for getting a loaner which can take a while.
May be they are too big to get loaners to everyone (Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati), however they should plan for this. I never had an issue with loaners from my Fort-Lauderdale FM dealer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode