F430 F1 Tire Noise on full lock - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
F430 F1 Tire Noise on full lock

This is my first Ferrari so you might understand my surprise when I heard this noise when I first took it out of my garage. Basically, the car is cold and when turning on full lock at very low speed, there is this noise which sounds like a flat tire. The car has only done 5200km and is 2008 model.
The noise is more apparent on asphalt. The Ferrari dealer assures me it is normal but I find it disappointing a $300K car with such basic problems. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Zoran- Welcome to Ferrari Life. It is just the tires squealing on the concrete or asphalt. Mine does it every time it is pulled out of the garage. Caused by very wide tires being moved sideways by the hydraulically assisted steering.

Would happen with any car with extra wide, extra sticky tires. My Z06 Corvettes did it, too, and even my wife's Mercedes GL 550 with 295/40 21 tires. Harder to hear in the Mercedes because it is much better insulated, but very loud when standing near the car.

If that is the only problem you have with the F430, you should be grinning very widely.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
This is my first Ferrari so you might understand my surprise when I heard this noise when I first took it out of my garage. Basically, the car is cold and when turning on full lock at very low speed, there is this noise which sounds like a flat tire. The car has only done 5200km and is 2008 model.
The noise is more apparent on asphalt. The Ferrari dealer assures me it is normal but I find it disappointing a $300K car with such basic problems. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance
Zoran

Welcome to Flife - when I switched to 599 wheels and tires on the 612 I thought the same as you at was somewhat surprising - but in a good way as a little noise and a lot of grip is a good thing

post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,340
Welcome to FerrariLife Zoran and to the F430 owners community. Don't hesitate to ask your questions here whatever they are
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Thank you

Hi guys

Thank you for the quick responses I can sleep better now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode