New to Ferrari... why did it take so long?! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 14
New to Ferrari... why did it take so long?!

Hey guys and gals! Really great to post here. I have just purchased an 08 Scuderia (Roso Red) and I have to say that It is hands down the most exciting driving experience of all the other exotics I have owned! Look forward to meeting some of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Congratulations to a fantastic purchase. And welcome to F-Life !
post #3 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Congratulations and welcome to the Scud Club. I have had mine several months now. Great pure drivers car.

post #4 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Ferrari2 View Post
Hey guys and gals! Really great to post here. I have just purchased an 08 Scuderia (Roso Red) and I have to say that It is hands down the most exciting driving experience of all the other exotics I have owned! Look forward to meeting some of you.
Congrats!

Scuds will definitely keep your attention - especially when mashing the throttle and having those rocket jolting gear changes.

Feel free to post some pictures.
post #5 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Wow, what a warm welcome! I just purchased the car and dont have my own images, but I do have the ones the dealership used on their site. Here is the link: 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia Houston, Texas | Lamborghini Houston

I have owned many Lamborghini Gallardo's and my last lambo was an LP640, whoever NONE of those are even close to the feeling that this new "Scud" gives me! I must admit that I have turned my nose at Ferrari for SO long due to the very high additions to Sticker MSRP, but when I saw this car on the show room I decided to take it for a drive. Within the first mile, I knew it was going to be mine lol

With that said, I am PLEASED to have this new found excitement for a car! After purchasing quite a few exotic cars, I felt like I had spoiled myself to the point of "losing the new car purchase feeling." But, just like hooking up with a sexy woman for the first time... BOOM, this car gave me tingles all over again.

Can you guys tell me how many of these were produced? Ive looked everywhere and it seems that it is a "Top Secret" answer.
post #6 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Boxer, I LOVE your F40! I live near George Foreman and about 17 years ago, he was parked in front of his mothers house in it and at the time I was driving an old Honda Civic wagon. I pulled up to it nose to nose (about a foot away) and snapped a picture. Right after this big black guy was beating a window and yelling at me.... Then he opened the door with a huge smile on his face and it was George in his boxers LOL. Great guy and very funny. Anyway... That car was the first exotic car I had ever seen and to this day, it is my favorite. BTW, i didnt know that he nor his mom lived near me until this day. The only way I noticed the car from the main street I was on, was the unmistakable wing sticking slightly above the bushes! A memory I will never forget.
post #7 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I took a few pics a minute ago with my cell and have emailed them. I will post them as soon as my SLOW Sprint service connection delivers them.
post #8 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Owner

Beautiful Scud.

I think they are the best buy of any Ferrari.

My guess from 2008 - 2009 3000 were produced and 1/3 ended up in the US.

Looking forward to hearing your response when you mash the throttle and up shift while all the LED lights are twinkling on top of the steering wheel.

post #9 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Oh, I have mashed it and it is exhilarating! The "Rawness" of the car, the sound, the feel, and the steering wheel lighting up letting me focus on the road makes for the favorite car I have owned. The only thing that I am disappointed in, is "Why haven't I bought one sooner!" lol

I know the 458 is the big talk and the stats are stunning, but until they make a race version, I have a feeling I am going to be happy as a dirty hog!
post #10 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Owner

Quote:
Oh, I have mashed it and it is exhilarating! The "Rawness" of the car, the sound, the feel, and the steering wheel lighting up letting me focus on the road makes for the favorite car I have owned. The only thing that I am disappointed in, is "Why haven't I bought one sooner!" lol

I know the 458 is the big talk and the stats are stunning, but until they make a race version, I have a feeling I am going to be happy as a dirty hog!
LOL

No arguments from me - the Scud is IMO far better than the 458 and at almost half the price with 10x more cf it's a no brainer.

Stick around we will do our best to convince you into a 16M
post #11 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

What is a 16 M? Roadster Scud?
post #12 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,859
Welcome to Ferrari Life and that is a very pretty Scuderia you bought. You got it right, the 16M is the limited production spider version of the Scuderia.

2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia for Sale - 1211921 - duPontREGISTRY.com

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #13 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Welcome to FLife and Congrats for the great looking Scud!

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #14 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,199
Welcome, from another Houston owner.

How about filling in a bit more of your profile - we like to be on a first name basis around here.

Since you've owned other exotics, you're probably already aware of the C&C meet on the 1st Saturday at Vintage, then there's the FOC get together on 1st Sundays at various venues.

If you don't have a Ferrari shop to call home, many of us use Sphere Motorsports. Not trying to be a poster child, but they're certainly better than the other alternatives!

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #15 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Again, what a wonderful forum! I much appreciate the warm welcome! I will go to my profile and fill out more asap. I am familiar with Cars and Coffee, but I have never attended. I am ALWAYS asked to go, but never have made it out. I will make an effort to go and meet others with the same interests. I saw a C&C over in the woodlands (by Tommy B and Jaspers) Is that still a meet up spot? I have only seen the signs advertising it once.

Thank you to all for the comments! I am a new HUGE fan of the Scud and I am excited to be an owner

I like the 16M, but I really like the coupe. Most of my Gillardos were Spyders, but lately I have really liked the coupe designs. If they had a hard top version... I would be all over it. I just dont like the look of the cars with the top up.
post #16 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
It is hard to quantify the difference when it comes to driving a ferrari. I have also owned many cars, including lambo and it's just hard to describe the feeling. I think it is a whole package. I was trying to describe this to a corvette owner the other week and just couldn't. He just kept telling me how the vette was better in every way. And he was right! In the end, all i could say was "go drive one and get back to me". What else can you say?

Congrats on a truly great car. enjoy it like enzo would have wanted.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #17 of 36 Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
I am familiar with Cars and Coffee, but I have never attended. I am ALWAYS asked to go, but never have made it out. I will make an effort to go and meet others with the same interests. I saw a C&C over in the woodlands (by Tommy B and Jaspers) Is that still a meet up spot? I have only seen the signs advertising it once.
Brian, The Woodlands C&C is a different get together - it's open to all, but is mainly a Woodlands Car Club event. Are you a Woodlands resident? I've been in Cochrans Crossing since 1992.

The C&C I was speaking of is the Houston C&C, which conservatively has several hundred cars turn out, along with several thousand people. All shapes, sizes and vintages. (Cars as well as the people ) The last one I made in June or July saw the Risi Competizione race team come out, c/w their racecars, two transporters, an FXX, an Enzo, a Daytona and a couple of other more mundane cars. They were quite an attraction.

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

post #18 of 36 Old 08-06-2012, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner

cribbj, I am going to try to make it to the one after this weekend. Is it the same place every time?
post #19 of 36 Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 196
As an experienced Scud owner (I've had it one month!) let me share something (I think is true). When in Sport mode the car will upshift automatically when it gets to redline. In Race and above it will not. Gets to the rev limiter and waits for you to hit the paddle. In getting used to the car, I found this useful.
As a total newbie to the Scud it puts a grin on my face just looking at it in the garage.

Dan
Current: Scuderia
Past: 330GTC, 512TR
Quantum Mechanic, Quarks repaired, Black Holes refilled.
post #20 of 36 Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
cribbj, I am going to try to make it to the one after this weekend. Is it the same place every time?
The Houston C&C is the same venue - Vintage Park, and same day - always the 1st Saturday of every month.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode