Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Taipei
Ferrari Life Posts: 35
Hello, new member here...
My name is Michael and I just wanted to introduce myself to this great forum here! It's funny how I have been on FChat for several years now and only recently did I discover Ferrari Life.
Anyways, a little background about myself and my Ferrari. I currently have a 599 GTB and it is actually my first Ferrari. I bought the new car "slightly used" in 2008 with only 300 miles on the clock and have been loving every single minute of the ownership experience. Closing in on almost 4 years now, this is by far the longest relationship I had compared to the other cars that I had owned previously.
I have done several modifications to my 599:
1. Full Novitec bodykit - I fell in love with the whole Novitec styling when they first came onto the market. It's funny how looking back, the front lip of the Novitec kit looks remarkably similar to the GTO version (which came out much later)
2. HRE P40 wheels - My favorite wheel by far. Had them on my 997 Turbo (gone) and Gallardo LP560 (gone), so it's almost a given that I get them for my Ferrari.
3. Novitec/KW suspension with front lifter - I got the KW/Novitec suspension because I needed the front lifter to clear my driveway when I moved from Houston to LA. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better the KW coilover suspension was in comparison to the stock set-up. After playing with the settings several times, I was able to improve my lap time by about 3 secs (on a 2 minute lap). There is a lot less pitch and dive with the KW but it doesn't compromise the overall ride quality one bit. Compared to my friend's HGTE car, it's remarkably similar between the two, except my car is slightly "softer" because of my own preference on the shock setting.
4. Tubi exhaust
5. Mesh grill - With the mesh set up, washing the front end of the car becomes much easier. I must have went through 10 sponges because it would keep on getting cut on the stock grill. Plus, I think it looks great!
6. GTO stripe decal - It's coming off soon......it gave the car a fresh look for a while, but I'm getting tired of it.
I currently live in Los Angeles, but I travel frequently to Taiwan/China for family and business.