Hi All. little long intro... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-22-2012, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
Hi All. little long intro...

I just spent the last hour reading up on the forum to make sure this was the Ferrari Forum for me. It sounds like everyone is rather kind and respectful here so I shall introduce myself:

I have dreamt of owning a Ferrari since the 5th grade when my mom bought me a Ferrari Book from our local Target shopping store. This was back in 1983!!! In high school, we had some questionaire about what we thought we would be doing in 10 years. My sillly answer was that i would be driving in my Ferrari. Hilarious! I did not even think about other adult responsibilities that happen in life. I'm almost 40 now and not sure when it will happen. Things just keep coming up that suck up my Ferrari fund. I got married, bought a house, had kids, bought a minivan, home improvements, etc etc. I think many of you know what i mean. Soon it will be colllege tuition and weddings. What happened to the Ferrari dream again? That simply can not happen. Hence, i had to find a forum and some Ferrari friends to keep me going and perhaps give me ideas on how to really make my dream come true. Back to that book my mommy bought me...

One of the best looking cars in the book was the 308. Being the 328 is a little larger (i think) and with more muscle, i am leaning towards making that my first Ferrari. I've been going over different scenarios on how to make my purchase in the next 6 months (not realistic) to 2 years (much more realistic if not 100%). Part of me thinks if i can wait 2 years, i might as well buy a 360 however, if i buy in the next 6 to 12 months, i could buy a 328 and enjoy "Ferrari Life" sooner. Oh what to do... Anyhow, I look forward to building relationships here that will help me decide what to do and how to go about it. Thank you all in advance and i look forward to reading your responses and stories on how you all got started. BTW I grew up in the projects and my family did not have much. However, my parents demonstrated to me that hard work pays off. Its getting close!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Welcome to FLife, Cheng! I am sure some of the previous or current owners can help you realize your dream. Most of us started with similar dreams...

Good luck with the hunt!

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
post #3 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Have you read the Buyer's Guide on 308 and 328?

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun

post #4 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanderu View Post
Welcome to FLife, Cheng! I am sure some of the previous or current owners can help you realize your dream. Most of us started with similar dreams...

Good luck with the hunt!
+1. Welcome to FL. Thanx for sharing your thoughts and passion with the rest of us here.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #5 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Cheng,
You won't do wrong with a 328. Great first Ferrari and like you said it will get you behind the wheel 2 years earlier. As long as you keep it clean and maintained you will always be able to get back what you paid for it so if later on you decide on a 360 you can always trade up. Although I think most 328 owners regret selling thier 328.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #6 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Cheng welcome to Ferrari Life

You came to the right place - enjoy!

If you are close to St Louis feel free to attend some local events and say Hello.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Cheng welcome and 40 is a good age to re focus.
Buy the 328 now or a 308 as it is the first step that will give you tangible evidence of the fact that you can do it and equally "reward" you.
You can always trade up as Pete has said.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Cheng- Welcome to Ferrari Life. A 328 is a great first Ferrari and the car has an updated and larger engine, but is really not much bigger than a 308. Wheelbase was increased 10 mm from 2340 mm to 2350 mm (0.39") and length increased about 1". No engine out belt service and none for the 360 either.

Go to ferraridatabase.com and you can download owners manuals and workshop manuals for the 328 and 360, plus a bunch of other goodies.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode