Hi there! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-10-2012, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 68
Hi there!

Hi there,

Well here I am giving my not so grand introduction. Sadly I get little time to hang out on forums
but I found a few topics on here interesting. So I decided I would join, also the forum feels well made
and people seem relaxed.

I am from California, born and raised, thou I have lived in europe and for a long duration of my life in Japan and a duration of it between the US and Japan and Europe. ( laughs ) No I am not in the military or an english teacher. ( laughs )

I do collect cars,I am not only partial to Ferrari but other machines too, I also drive them race them etc. I am a motorsport engineer. I like motorcycles too. I collect those as well. More so into classic bikes or Cafe racers to be honest. Friends and I are more into the Classical-Neo stuff vs Neo Classical. You ask what is Neo Classical vs Classical Neo. Big differences! Ducati Sport Classic is a Neo Classical vs taking a vintage motorcycle and giving it modern up dates but keept he original feel but give you modern performance.

I enjoy the classics, so history, sociology, genetics, also single demensional talk. ( laughs ) I furthermore love coffee and tea. I suppose if you have questions or specifics you wish to ask me
you might as well private message me or something along those lines.

Regards,
Mick-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Welcome to F Life Mick.

Tell us about you car and bike collections. Any Ferraris or Ducati's in there?

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 13 Old 03-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
welcome Mick

- Brett

-----------------------
Current: 1978 308 GTB (25823)
Past:
Other: 2011 Audi A6 Avant

post #4 of 13 Old 03-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
LOL...did I hear Jim Lange ask Bachelor #1 to tell us a little about himself?

Nice intro. Welcome to FLife.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #5 of 13 Old 03-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Welcome Mick...an engineer you say. Most interesting and positive of your future contributions.
With all that coffee drinking do you at least light up?
post #6 of 13 Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
ermmmm.......did I mention that your nick is the shortest one I have ever come upon
post #7 of 13 Old 03-12-2012, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

( Laughs ) Hi there everyone!

Barry, Lane, Lane, Peter! Thanks guys for the welcoming. And sorry for the late response, I just noticed via email alert that I had replies.

I'll try and answers as best and direct as possible.

Barry : On the subject of my Motorcycles

Ducati : I have two Ducati's however I probably have another three or four bikes in space parts.
Both are a Trellis based chassis, one is a GT1000 and the other a Super Sport as the base, both
are also air cooled, one has a single plug the other has a two plugs per cylinder. I made the harness and management, full length exhaust systems, both use Ohlines and some other body accessories.

Aprillia : I've been working on a custom Trellis styled frame to rock an Aprilla RSV4 engine, I won't be using much of the original hardware or software. This however will of course be liquid cooled, as the engine was designed as such. I will use standalone and custom harness similar to what I did with the Ducati's.

Yamaha RD350 : You know how you sit there and want to solve problems and or find out answers and
or can kill time and be productive? Well this was sort of that kinda project. The inital Chassis is a RD350 but I think I'll bespoke a chassis later on. I have the RD350 motor and a Banshee, however one will feature Carburettors and the other Fuel Injection. Both programmable ignition. I designed the exhaust system but have not come to a design I like. Two strokes are a little different then the four stroke stuff.
Basically I am using replica farings from the OW / TZ racers.

Kawasaki & Suzuki : The Kawasaki is a tripe two stroke. Not sure what or where I am going with it.
The I am thinking of fallowing along the lines of the Ducati and Aprilla for the Suzuki but basically create a road going racer but with possibly a GAMA power plant. Not sure if I want a four or two stroke.

Alexander : I love Coffee. If it were not mid night and Starbucks was still open. I would be ordering a Dolce Latte or Carmel Macchiato. I have naturally lower blood pressure, technically Coffee usually decreases blood pressure. So I become super calm with coffee, where as you give me tea and I become the village axe murderer. No, not really but I am very active and tend to basically work until I knock out or something.

As far as engineering and perspective. There are a lot of aspects to consider when dealing with vehicle architecture. Often in racing tuning or tech is applied to a race car based on regulations of the series. Where as what is best or most ideal for road performance is different. Sometimes the race car technology can be applied to a road car, othertimes what is good for a race car is not pragmatic for a road car. Then we have to look at laws, emissions regulations, etc.

I work on different aspects different days or weeks or months. If that makes sense.

Lane : Thanks for the welcoming!

As for discussing my personal vehicle collection, I have the most random collection. Most people would probably not appreciate or have interest. Maybe a few cars they might. I also collect engines and random parts. As for my collection, it's a mixture of Japanese, Italian, and German. Few random things here and there. You'll find a lot of the under dogs in my garage & things Nostalgic or personal to me that are apart of my life. I suppose people have objects, people, trinkets they hold precious or view as a part of their identity.

If we are talking Ferrari's I am a 308, Testarossa, 512, F355, or Italia kinda guy.
I'll post some pictures here when I get a moment.

Mick -

post #8 of 13 Old 03-12-2012, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

( chuckles ) nope, I did not know that my nick name is the shortest you have come across. ^_^ ( chuckles again. )
post #9 of 13 Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Nice collection Mick. Get those pics up.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #10 of 13 Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Hi Nick

Welcome to our F-Life community.

If you ever visit the Mid-Atlantic region, let me know.

Cheers!
post #11 of 13 Old 03-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post

Nice intro. Welcome to FLife.
+1

Ciao welcome to FL

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #12 of 13 Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Sorry for the belated welcome to FL, Mick. Have not checked the forum lately and I am away from Japan now. Thanx for the PM too. Looking forward to meeting you in summer ?

w/ smiles

Jimmy
post #13 of 13 Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Barry, Night-Life, 360 and Jimmy,
Thanks for the welcoming and comments!
Sorry about the late response, I just got here to the South of California.
I'll indeed post some pictures, dust of and sport the digital Camera for a minute.

Hell if a picture says a thousend words, then what does a video say? ( laughs )

Jimmy, I'll be back in late spring or early summer in Tokyo or Yokohama.

We should totally meet up in Shibuya. I usually grab Coffee across from Hachiko. Sometimes I hit up a few of the local Cafe's. I'll hit you up once I get there man! I know that I probably will stop in Hokkaido, as I have made some promises to do so.

Catch yall on the flipside.

You lift, I accelerate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode