Hello All - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Hello All

Hi all...

I'm called Will, I'm 19... Ferrari is my favourite car brand, the only other car brand I like is Lamborghini. I'm not a massive car fan with the exception of the two car brands.

Right now I am staying with my father in Etiler, Istanbul. We actually just moved from Polat Tower this morning (lol weird coicidence, I sign up on the same day I'm moving)... I was born in Radlett, Hertfordshire England but I generally like to take my fathers side of the family in being South African, I much prefer the country to England, although England is a lot safer.

Hopefully in a few years time I can buy a Ferrari, my favourite colour for a Ferrari is black, I love a black 360/F430 and a metallic grey/red/black 458 Italia.

Despite being brought up in Europe, I'm a big fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins and Pirates (When they're actually on T.V., because they are so bad!).

I feel like I'm a generally relaxing guy, I'm a bit of a girl when it comes to fashion, I'm quite the stylish guy, and my most valuable possession is my hair paste (lol I'm not gay but I like to look good, because I think looking presentable shows that your not a lazy guy with a 'dont care' attitude).

I love Ferrari, everytime I see one I run over and take a photo of it, my face is like this .

This board seems quite good, I love how you guys have emoticons, I'm 458beast on Ferrarichat, but the bad thing about that forum is no emoticons.

My flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/ ... Also I wouldn't say I'm a photograph fanatic, I just love taking photos of Ferraris and other exotics .

Last edited by karakal; 02-27-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Welcome Will and a good passion to have developed.
Enjoyed your photos but was rather surprised that most are in Turkey.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and keep the photos coming.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1exander View Post
Welcome Will and a good passion to have developed.
Enjoyed your photos but was rather surprised that most are in Turkey.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and keep the photos coming.
Thanks for the welcome , and wow someone from South Africa in a first reply post so you would get my username although your more familiar with 'rooikat' .

Yes where I live in England you don't see many exotics unless you live in London, but you do see a lot of Aston's and Bentley's around Oxford, even saw a pink one once. (Moved to Oxford a few years back)

I visited Cape Town back in the summer, saw quite a handful of exotics (one's that I could post) but I went just as the weather was getting good so I went at the wrong time.

Istanbul is full of exotics, and it's not really nice weather here, so again I'm at the wrong time to come to see exotics , although I've seen loads.

Thanks, and yes the photos will keep coming because I'm sad enough to chase after a few haha.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Will- Welcome to Ferrari Life. You do get around, I notice. I lived in Ankara for three years. Not quite as cosmopolitan as Istanbul, which sees a lot more vistors from just about everywhere, so a lot more to do.

You will really enjoy your first Ferrari, nothing else quite like them. My wife even insists they smell different from other cars. A mix of leather, several different hot metal alloys and a hint of unburned fuel and oil make for a distinct and very pleasant smell.

Good luck and hope you enjoy it here. If nobody has told you about it, you can download all kinds of Ferrari material here once you subscribe, including buyers' guides, owners manuals, etc.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Last edited by tazandjan; 02-27-2012 at 09:44 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Will

Welcome to FLife

Enjoy the place!
post #6 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Will- Welcome to Ferrari Life. You do get around, I notice. I lived in Ankara for three years. Not quite as cosmopolitan as Istanbul, which sees a lot more vistors from just about everywhere, so a lot more to do.

You will really enjoy your first Ferrari, nothing else quite like them. My wife even insists they smell different from other cars. A mix of leather, several different hot metal alloys and a hint of unburned fuel and oil make for a distinct and very pleasant smell.

Good luck and hope you enjoy it here. If nobody has told you about it, you can download all kinds of Ferrari material here once you subscribe, including buyers' guides, owners manuals, etc.
Hi, thanks.

I've never been to Ankara, I think places in Istanbul like Etiler are nicer, but a lot of other places are overcrowded and not so nice, apparantley Izmir is quite nice but never been there.

When I go back to England at the end of the month I'll be there for a while since I'll be studying my law qualifications for around 4 years, maybe I would like to go study in America for university though.

I can't wait for my first Ferrari, I'll definitley purchase one before my first house, I'm not fused with living in a rented place with a garage for my car, but with the U.K. house prices, the value of 200K-300K, houses aren't good for that value for what I want (no garage, not big enough garage, house doesn't look nice ect)... one of the main reasons I would like to leave the country as you can get a much nicer house in America for the same cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Will

Welcome to FLife

Enjoy the place!
Thanks
post #7 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,127
Hi Will,
Welcome to FLife. You seem to know some good spots to take pics of really nice cars!
Enjoy the forum!

Jeroen

Italian bella's:
550 Maranello 7-2000 nero/nero
1974 Ducati 750 Yellow Sport
1974 Ducati 350 Desmo Yellow Sport
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
(And a few Alfa Romeo's and Range Rovers)

Power is nothing without control
post #8 of 15 Old 02-27-2012, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550JM View Post
Hi Will,
Welcome to FLife. You seem to know some good spots to take pics of really nice cars!
Enjoy the forum!
Thanks .

Seeing all those cars go past me, and not owning own makes me strive that much harder so I can buy one.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 148
Welcome to Ferrari Life!

I enjoyed your collection of car photos. Living near the bigger cities and knowing the "hot spots" like clubs and upscale hotels must make them easier to track them down.

With patience, hard work and planning you can make your way to Ferrari ownership. Enjoy the journey.
post #10 of 15 Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,858
Will- You are correct, in many places in the States for 300K sterling, you can buy a really nice house with a multi-car garage. More expensive in other places.

Izmir is very nice. I flew F-111Fs out of Incirlik AFB many times. While you are in Turkey you definitely should try the Turkish Aegean coast. Just like the Greek Isles and coast, but about 1/3 the cost. Many Brits buying property there now. Boat charters are very inexpensive compared to the West.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #11 of 15 Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,196
Welcome Will: Will be interesting to see what pics may happen in Turkey.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #12 of 15 Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Welcome to Ferrari Life Will.
A great forum for preparation for future Ferrari ownership!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #13 of 15 Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Will- You are correct, in many places in the States for 300K sterling, you can buy a really nice house with a multi-car garage. More expensive in other places.

Izmir is very nice. I flew F-111Fs out of Incirlik AFB many times. While you are in Turkey you definitely should try the Turkish Aegean coast. Just like the Greek Isles and coast, but about 1/3 the cost. Many Brits buying property there now. Boat charters are very inexpensive compared to the West.
Your making me so jealous!!! for that price in a UK, you can have your very own!:

2 bedroom house, A crappy half-metre long garage, half the house made out of white wood that looks horrible, and let's not forget the amazing nice neighbourhood you would be in?

Ah very nice, are you a pilot or just do it for a hobby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Welcome Will: Will be interesting to see what pics may happen in Turkey.
Thanks, now that my dad has moved back to Etiler, I should see a lot nicer cars on a more basis since its where they all go (Bebek as well)... Snowed again today, so maybe I can go back to the Ferrari dealership and take a picture of the 458 covered in snow, looked quite good lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Welcome to Ferrari Life Will.
A great forum for preparation for future Ferrari ownership!
Thank you

Quote:
Welcome to Ferrari Life!

I enjoyed your collection of car photos. Living near the bigger cities and knowing the "hot spots" like clubs and upscale hotels must make them easier to track them down.

With patience, hard work and planning you can make your way to Ferrari ownership. Enjoy the journey.
Thank you, I liked how the Bugatti Veyron was parked outside the hotel which also had a club in it called 'Billionaires Club'.
post #14 of 15 Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Welcome to Ferrari Life

Ferrari is a lifestyle for Life (tm)

You found the proper forum to satisfy your passion and keep your dream alive.

Post pics of the local cars when get a chance and bring more of your friends, who share your passion, to this forum

All the best my friend.
post #15 of 15 Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks 360 Modena ... Unfortunately I think super cars are dying for my age, unless you're a big time movie star like 'Justin Bieber' and need a car to show off at the grammy's or something, someone like me who has a real passion, people like me are very rare these days .

Anyway, later today I'll stop by the dealership and take a picture of the snowy 458, hopefully it hasn't got sunny where it was melted the snow, it looked very nice actually with a bit of snow on top :P.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode