I'm David in South Florida - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 09-24-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
I'm David in South Florida

Hello Ferrari Life,

I'm David, I've been posting for about a month (Aug/2011) and I'm just now finding great threads and sections in Ferrari Life's website.

Hmm. Introductions...

I drive a Ferrari F355 GTS every day, a Coupe Cambiocorsa sometimes too. I love to paint on canvas and develop the web.

I've had many sports cars and truly love the craftsmanship in Ferrari's method.

I'm renovating a house, inside and out, a diamond shape, one-of-a-kind, tons of fun and most of it is by hand, unless the job is too intense so I hire out.

I usually maintain the cosmetics of the Ferrari on my own and have met some genuine encyclopedia friends in Ferrari Life that help elaborate on an ever-growing understanding of the 355, as well as vintage Ferrari.

I'd love to own a BB, 458 Italia and the modern TR (I predict the TR will be produced in the future.)

I'm into Supernatural, I produce Madonna Radio (currently being redesigned) and cosmetic surgeon sites .

Well, This is what I do and what I enjoy, I'm a tad 'out-there' but aren't all Ferrari owners a little odd ?

Nice to meet you.

The GTS Rosso Corsa and tan , from Sport Auto. Looking for a manual 360 Modena.
Past Ferraris:
1989 Mondial Cabriolet - Nero/Tan,
1994 348 TS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
David- Welcome. Very pretty F355 and Maserati.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 14 Old 09-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Hello David glad to have you aboard.

My wife is from Miami Coral Gables so I can relate to you being peculiar
- jus kidding

I love this place and look forward to seeing some of the work you have done on the house.

post #4 of 14 Old 09-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Odd? I would have to get a lot more normal to qualify for just odd.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 14 Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Nice introduction. Waiting on the house thread. welcome and enjoy. i guess you will be at cavallino since you live so close?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 14 Old 09-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Welcome David.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #7 of 14 Old 09-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Hey- Welcome David.
post #8 of 14 Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Grazie per il benvenuto ! Thank you for the warm welcome and for mentioning Cavallino, I almost forgot. I'm certainly attending. I'm just now downloading the magazine subscription.

This statement is the best statement I've read in a very long time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallino
SERVICE When you call us, we talk to you. If we can’t solve a problem on the spot, we’ll call you back. If you e-mail or fax us, we e-mail or fax you back. If you write us, we write back. Once you enter the Ferrari world, you are part of the Ferrari family. We treat you like family.
That is how it is suppose to be. I feel like a new journey has just begun, a journey with the most fascinating history that the world has to offer.

If there is anything you should know about me, I'm a sponge for information, knowledge and advice. I take you seriously and rarely 'get' sarcasm. I take pride in being VERY ODD, I can't help it so I wear it as a badge of honor, THE ODDEST OF 'EM ALL. I'm reliable and I just love having fun. Just don't scratch my Ferrari.

A house thread, I've been thinking of this since you mentioned your "money pit" thread weeks ago. I'll compile the before photos and begin compiling some of the after photos. This house is truly one of a kind and, if you think Ferrari parts are challenging at times, goodness gracious, wait until you read the diamond-house thread... I'll start one soon.

Champagne612, Has your wife told you about the newest critter infestation down here ? African snails the size of baseballs. A family recently went on safari and their son brought back a pet, one that laid hundreds of eggs and these new additions are eating the Gables up, leaf by leaf... I have been cursing at the snails in my planters until I heard this on the news. Not only are they eating everything in sight, they also carry meningitis, or so says the news anchors... Anyway, thought she'd like to know the story... A couple of weeks ago, animal control went door to door, in the area where the snail was living, trying to round them up... South Florida is like the new breeding ground for critters from around the world, people seem to have fun releasing "top of the food chain" critters here...

Anywho- Thanks for the welcome ! Talk soon ! :-)

Past Ferraris:
1994 348 TS
post #9 of 14 Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Owner
Elite Member

David- There were huge snails in Germany, too, when I lived there. Looked like a New York strip steak with a tennis ball on top. Slugs were similarly sized. Do not remember them being particularly destructive though. The Germans had a wonderful product called Schneckenkorn (snail corn) that did a great job of controlling them. You might want to find some.

Taz
Terry Phillips

post #10 of 14 Old 09-29-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
David- There were huge snails in Germany, too, when I lived there. Looked like a New York strip steak with a tennis ball on top. Slugs were similarly sized. Do not remember them being particularly destructive though. The Germans had a wonderful product called Schneckenkorn (snail corn) that did a great job of controlling them. You might want to find some.
Great idea. These are striped, like tan and black stripes.

I'm using sestimic everywhere at the moment, this is suppose to deter snails. The other choice is to use really hot water but that would also kill the lizards and lizards are everywhere and very welcome here, they are my little bug killers... I'm not having any issues with the african snails here, I'm north of the Gables. Right now, only the Gables and surrounding areas are affected... I'm looking up "Snail Corn" now... I bet this is better than sestimic. Thank you !

Past Ferraris:
1994 348 TS
post #11 of 14 Old 09-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
David, great intro, looking forward to hearing your stories unfold with your F355. Thanks for the plug in the signature!
post #12 of 14 Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
David, great intro, looking forward to hearing your stories unfold with your F355. Thanks for the plug in the signature!
Thank you and You're welcome !

Some of my Facebook fan pages and 3k members and some have 8-9k + members. When a place like this only has 350 fans, there has to be some help from us so, I'm plugging your facebook page for a while.

Have a great day Ferrari Life !

Past Ferraris:
1994 348 TS
post #13 of 14 Old 09-30-2011, 05:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Best intro yet David - welcome to the life my friend.

Cook those snails on the grill and serve to your neighbors to determine if they are edible.

If they are edible, you just found a great export biz to the Far Eats (pun intended)

I'm a bit out there as well, so I think you'll fit right in.
post #14 of 14 Old 09-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
hey david, got any golden tegu lizards running around? what about poisonous lionfish in the water? we have a little snakehead fish problem up here after someone dumped them in the water. Seems like snails would be pretty easy to catch.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode