Maranello House - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Maranello House

Ferrari Life members in Ireland are few and far between, so today when I had to take a trip from Dublin to Belfast with my son, I took a short diversion in the 360 and called in to see Maranello House and his collection of diverse Italian machinery.

What a wonderful diversion. A garage full of interesting Italian automobiles, pictures of wonderful Ferrari's and of course his beautiful 308 GTS with the engine out beside it for all to admire.

A home full of magificent Ferrari memorabilia, each one with a unique story, tea, sandwiches and endless conversation. I'd still be there if I hadn't had to get home!

Just like Fled 3 & 5, it has reaffirmed my belief in the ability for the love of the Ferrari marque to draw like minded enthusiasts together - and of course the catalyst for it all is FerrariLife.

Many thanks Maranello House for your hospitaility, a thoroughly enjoyable lunch, tour of the works in progress, and for sharing some of the stories behind the unique Ferrari items in your home.

(and yes I totally forgot to take a single picture! Sorry.)

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Barry, Great story. I definitely need to get over to Ireland with the car at some point.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Must have been a splendid day, Barry. w/ smiles Jimmy

post #4 of 10 Old 05-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Way to go!!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-03-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Barry, Great story. I definitely need to get over to Ireland with the car at some point.
The notion of an Irish FLED is has appeared in a couple of different threads of late Boxer. Let's make it happen!!

The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #6 of 10 Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Might be able to put something together for a long weekend in July.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Ferrari Life members in Ireland are few and far between, so today when I had to take a trip from Dublin to Belfast with my son, I took a short diversion in the 360 and called in to see Maranello House and his collection of diverse Italian machinery.

What a wonderful diversion. A garage full of interesting Italian automobiles, pictures of wonderful Ferrari's and of course his beautiful 308 GTS with the engine out beside it for all to admire.

A home full of magificent Ferrari memorabilia, each one with a unique story, tea, sandwiches and endless conversation. I'd still be there if I hadn't had to get home!

Just like Fled 3 & 5, it has reaffirmed my belief in the ability for the love of the Ferrari marque to draw like minded enthusiasts together - and of course the catalyst for it all is FerrariLife.

Many thanks Maranello House for your hospitaility, a thoroughly enjoyable lunch, tour of the works in progress, and for sharing some of the stories behind the unique Ferrari items in your home.

(and yes I totally forgot to take a single picture! Sorry.)
Thank you Sir, as said in the other thread I mentioned, it was great to have Jack and yourself go out of your way to come round. I've trying since to talk the Missus into letting me buy a beautiful little Benelli 254 a guy has offered me and letting me put it in the Living room. She's not wearing it for some reason

You all do realise that if we're having an Irish Fled I'm going to have figure some way of getting the 308 ready a bit quicker than I'd planned, and I won't be able to sell it until after.

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net
post #8 of 10 Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranellohouse View Post
Thank you Sir, as said in the other thread I mentioned, it was great to have Jack and yourself go out of your way to come round. I've trying since to talk the Missus into letting me buy a beautiful little Benelli 254 a guy has offered me and letting me put it in the Living room. She's not wearing it for some reason
Bring her down to my place MH and show her how good a Ducati 916 looks in a sitting room, that will change her mind on teh Benelli!!

post #9 of 10 Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Might be able to put something together for a long weekend in July.

W/e of 23/24 July or any weekend in August would work for me if anyone was interested. Unfortunately my other weekends in July are tied up.

post #10 of 10 Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
W/e of 23/24 July or any weekend in August would work for me if anyone was interested. Unfortunately my other weekends in July are tied up.
W/e 23/34 July looks like it might work.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode