Any Ferrari Lifers in HK? - Page 3 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 51 Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX8200 View Post
You can just make out their phone number in this photo, ask for Tony, just went to visit my car there at quarry bay.
interesting. have not used this garage. great that you are pleased with their work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm18 View Post
interesting. have not used this garage. great that you are pleased with their work
I shopped around a few garages for my major, this one was a balance of knowledge and fair price I guess. Also they had plenty of Ferraris, air cooled Ps and British sports cars there almost every time I visit which made me more confident. Owner also had a 355 that was sold recently so does seem the know these cars. Another garage I came very close to using at Yau Tong also refered to by someone on another f forum but their quote was basically on par with IMSS, so I didn't go with them.
post #43 of 51 Old 08-14-2013, 02:52 AM
Owner

Quote:
I shopped around a few garages for my major, this one was a balance of knowledge and fair price I guess. Also they had plenty of Ferraris, air cooled Ps and British sports cars there almost every time I visit which made me more confident. Owner also had a 355 that was sold recently so does seem the know these cars. Another garage I came very close to using at Yau Tong also refered to by someone on another f forum but their quote was basically on par with IMSS, so I didn't go with them.
Did you keep your 355 stock? I went for Fabspeed ceramic coated headers, 200 cell cats, ecu, air intake etc. transformed the car

post #44 of 51 Old 08-14-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Did you keep your 355 stock? I went for Fabspeed ceramic coated headers, 200 cell cats, ecu, air intake etc. transformed the car
Mine belonged to a prominent car collector, he made it look like a 355 challenge with seats and wheels, but also included stock parts. I got a small non airbag steering wheel and boss along with a yellow tow hook to add to make it look even more like the challenge

Fabspeed...I have a bit of history with these guys, basically I was lied to by them and found out the headers can be bought for way way less than they sell it for from Taiwan. In the process of ordering some from the Taiwan factory now.

Cats I suppose will be a great mod but I am thinking of decat for a better effect. Last owner put on a back box of some sort that's louder than OE but not by much so a Capristo is definitely on the wish list.

Air intake I am using the OE airbox with k&n filters which melt in the heat of the engine bay, I am thinking of either a proper induction kit by gruppe m or doing something like this which should be way cheaper but looks kind of weird (see pic)

I am also thinking of doing a chip upgrade, a local tuner shop has the software to chip the 355 but am wondering if its a stage too far. To be honest it's an old car and compared to a 996gt3 or an Evo that I have the car is not exactly quick, even modified golfs will almost certainly give it a hard run on most roads in HK, so might as well just keep it stock for the moment and just mod to make it more reliable and sound better.

I certainly do need brakes though, thinking of new discs and ferrodo ds2500 pads all round or do a front 6 pot caliper upgrade with bigger floating discs too. Compared to Porsche brakes of the era I think the 355 OEM setup is certifiably inferior.

All that being said I am running the car on a tight budget and have a baby on the way, so I suppose mods will come slowly, first priority is to get it running smoothly and then do some mods.

Hope to see your 355 on the road soon, mine should be in the shop until the end of the month!
Attached Images

post #45 of 51 Old 08-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Owner

Quote:
Mine belonged to a prominent car collector, he made it look like a 355 challenge with seats and wheels, but also included stock parts. I got a small non airbag steering wheel and boss along with a yellow tow hook to add to make it look even more like the challenge

Fabspeed...I have a bit of history with these guys, basically I was lied to by them and found out the headers can be bought for way way less than they sell it for from Taiwan. In the process of ordering some from the Taiwan factory now.

Cats I suppose will be a great mod but I am thinking of decat for a better effect. Last owner put on a back box of some sort that's louder than OE but not by much so a Capristo is definitely on the wish list.

Air intake I am using the OE airbox with k&n filters which melt in the heat of the engine bay, I am thinking of either a proper induction kit by gruppe m or doing something like this which should be way cheaper but looks kind of weird (see pic)

I am also thinking of doing a chip upgrade, a local tuner shop has the software to chip the 355 but am wondering if its a stage too far. To be honest it's an old car and compared to a 996gt3 or an Evo that I have the car is not exactly quick, even modified golfs will almost certainly give it a hard run on most roads in HK, so might as well just keep it stock for the moment and just mod to make it more reliable and sound better.

I certainly do need brakes though, thinking of new discs and ferrodo ds2500 pads all round or do a front 6 pot caliper upgrade with bigger floating discs too. Compared to Porsche brakes of the era I think the 355 OEM setup is certifiably inferior.

All that being said I am running the car on a tight budget and have a baby on the way, so I suppose mods will come slowly, first priority is to get it running smoothly and then do some mods.

Hope to see your 355 on the road soon, mine should be in the shop until the end of the month!
for me i am very concerned about mot and inspections so i keep all cars 100% legal. i have lots of experience on this and am tired of fighting . even my r34 gt-r is 100% legal and it pained me massively to take off my brembo big brakes and go back to inadequate stock set-up.

my experience with fabspeed is quite good . i don't care where the exhaust is made - it fits, sounds good and is trouble free. i also used fabspeed on my 964 speedster and turbo 3.6 and am happy. the fabspeed 200 cell sport cats provide much better emission results than stock, are lighter, run cooler and offer less back pressure. i even had one custom made for my r34.

no affilaition with fabspeed btw!
post #46 of 51 Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
for me i am very concerned about mot and inspections so i keep all cars 100% legal. i have lots of experience on this and am tired of fighting . even my r34 gt-r is 100% legal and it pained me massively to take off my brembo big brakes and go back to inadequate stock set-up.

my experience with fabspeed is quite good . i don't care where the exhaust is made - it fits, sounds good and is trouble free. i also used fabspeed on my 964 speedster and turbo 3.6 and am happy. the fabspeed 200 cell sport cats provide much better emission results than stock, are lighter, run cooler and offer less back pressure. i even had one custom made for my r34.

no affilaition with fabspeed btw!
I guess fabspeed makes good stuff, just have a bone to pick with one of their sales guy being dishonest,

Anyways I am also a big P (930 turbo and 996gt3) and jap car fan ( had Evo3, Evo 5 and Z32 fairlady), but I am naughty and I 'drop $ome' for mots so I mod freely, but keeping it legal is much safer especially with the recent crackdown by the icAc on those mot people.

Speedster and turbo 3.6 all great classics and will only appreciate in time. You have a great collection of some fine motors.R34 has potential, what Colour is yours? Definately one of the future Japanese classics, wish I had bought one in 09 when I was offered one for 300k, guess the boat has sailed and prices will be on the up.

If you don't want to have to swap brakes for MOT I know a guy who can 'get things passed' , but then again better play it safe nowadays.
post #47 of 51 Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Owner

Quote:
I guess fabspeed makes good stuff, just have a bone to pick with one of their sales guy being dishonest,

Anyways I am also a big P (930 turbo and 996gt3) and jap car fan ( had Evo3, Evo 5 and Z32 fairlady), but I am naughty and I 'drop $ome' for mots so I mod freely, but keeping it legal is much safer especially with the recent crackdown by the icAc on those mot people.

Speedster and turbo 3.6 all great classics and will only appreciate in time. You have a great collection of some fine motors.R34 has potential, what Colour is yours? Definately one of the future Japanese classics, wish I had bought one in 09 when I was offered one for 300k, guess the boat has sailed and prices will be on the up.

If you don't want to have to swap brakes for MOT I know a guy who can 'get things passed' , but then again better play it safe nowadays.
Great! We like same cars! I have had cars targeted for inspections etc and am just too lazy to play the game. Rather be 100% legal and have no worries. Getting old!
post #48 of 51 Old 08-17-2013, 08:59 AM

Anyone driving tmr morning?
post #49 of 51 Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 16
360spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-fire View Post
Any Pre purchase inspection advice in Hong Kong. Eyeing a 2001 F360.

Hi
I have one on sale
Interested ?
2001 from Imported full services record from IM
New seats, cam belt clutch n many extras
post #50 of 51 Old 02-28-2015, 06:28 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Anyone can refer a good PPI in HK for a Testa ?
post #51 of 51 Old 03-03-2015, 06:06 AM

Musketeer did a very thorough PPI on a 360 spider for a friend

http://www.musketeers.hk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode