Help from some french friend :) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-08-2012, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 106
Help from some french friend :)

Hello everybody!

I am writing because my gt4 was originally a french car, then bought by the previous italian owner in Paris and brought back to Italy.
For this reason the car's history is a mistery and I would like to ask your help to know more about it.
In Italy it is possible to discover how many owners a car had just by a simple excerpt but is obviously only covers Italy.
Is there in France something similar so I can discover how many owners my car had just by using the former plate number or chassis number?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,847
Will let someone from France answer, but how about the serial number of the GT4 to help them out?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,308
I don't think it will be as easy as in Italy but you can try to inquire the Prefecture of the department that was on the license plate. good luck

post #4 of 8 Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 229
I am not aware of an easy way to track the ownership history. When ownership changes a new "Carte Grise" or licence document is issued and the name of the previous owner is not shown.
All the old documents are retained by the licencing authority. I know someone who reimported a Ferrari into France and was only able to trace the previous French history via the maintenance invoices he received, which covered the French part of its life.
Perhaps some one else known more.
The Ferrari Importer into France, Charles Pozzi may be able to help. Charles Pozzi Levallois, Concessionnaire Officiel Ferrari Levallois Perret, Ile de France When you import a used Ferrari into France you need a Certificate of Conformity, to get a Carte Grise. This certificate of conformity is currerntly only issued by the Factory via Pozzi., although this was not always the case in the past. They also have many Ferraris and their owners on their records and an enquiry with the Chassis number may produce some information.
You could also try a post on an active French language Ferrari forum, Ferrarista.fr - Ferrari Owners Only - Forum Ferrari
Nigel

'97 Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello
post #5 of 8 Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thank you very much! If I am not wrong my gt4 was originally sold by Pozzi in Paris in 1981, there is still its plate near the engine.
As soon as I get back the car I will check if my memory is faulty and I will contact them to see whether I can find some more about it.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I sent two emails to Charles Pozzi Levallois but I got no reply. Maybe I should try on the french forum, which I find very interesting, but my french is nowadays very poor... Let's see.

"Engines are like women: you have to know how to touch them in the most sensitive parts."
post #7 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Errata corrige: I JUST received a reply from Charles Pozzi.

"Engines are like women: you have to know how to touch them in the most sensitive parts."
post #8 of 8 Old 09-28-2014, 09:43 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Tell us where your story came with the former owners? Otherwise you can go through a simple inquery on the site of mining services which meet generally accepted in time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode