Azzuro Blue
Blue Scuro interior
S/N - 28295
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-29-2019, 04:57 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 398
Here's everything I have on this car:

As per an IM on Facebook with [redacted], 18 December 2014, he sent me pictures of this car, including one of the serial number, and asked if I know anything about it. Blue with black leather, no shields, black conical mirrors, standard wheels, no rear aerofoil, no plates; there's a green Duke of London license plate insert affixed to the body-colored Euro chin. I asked [redacted] about the mileage, he said it's 29K, and that the car has pinstripe carpets. It's for sale at Duke of London for 90K GBP.

As per an IM on Facebook with [redacted], 23 December 2014, this car is currently for sale at Duke of London. Duke of London's Facebook page lists this car for sale, chassis number 28295, RHD, engine number 28295 (LOL!), 29,590 miles; as per the ad:
Supplied new on 11th July 1979 to Miss S.J.N Lowndes of Jersey, Channel Islands. Brought over to England 50miles ago in 2012. Finished in Azzurro Metallic with Navy Trim and ultra-rare Dark Blue Pinstripe carpets (from factory). Fitted new with optional Air Conditioning, Wide Wheels and Deep Front Spoiler. 4 owners from new and fully documented service history. (3 owners in Jersey, one in England). Car comes with Original Ferrari Tool Roll, Ferrari Jack and Cigarette Lighter Under-Bonnet Lamp, Original service book and owners manual. This has to be the best "Original" car in existence. Whilst not concours, the original paint has faired extremely well owing to it's continuous dry storage in Jersey until 2012 and then in the UK to date. There is no rust showing whatsoever and no sign of any previous welding. The car has been in the very capable hands of GTO Racing and GTO Engineering since arriving in England in 2012. Prolonged dry storage and infrequent usage during its final years in Jersey left it needing some mechanical refreshment and no expense has been spared carrying this out. The car has just undergone a full service, all major Suspension and Brake components replaced for new and the steering completely refurbished by GTO Engineering of Berkshire. Belts replaced 195 miles ago. The car has a current UK MOT until September 2015 but will require road registering as it has not been used on the road since arriving in the UK except for the annual trip to the MOT station. Car is running like a dream and ready for viewing at our Kew Bridge (West London) Showroom. POA.

As per an IM on Facebook with [redacted], 23 December 2014, he sent me a picture he took of this car's engine bay data plate, which shows the type: 308 GTB, the engine number: 01340, and the chassis number: 28295. But the data plate is the type you'd find in the engine bay of a 250 - I've never seen this data plate type on a serial number this high, leading me to believe that it's not original.

I need an Aventador!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode