F40 spotted near/in Charlotte, NC - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-18-2005, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
F40 spotted near/in Charlotte, NC

At dinner on Tuesday evening, one of my buddies told me he saw a red (Rossa Corsa?) F40 pulling out of Charlotte Latin school, and proceeded to ride with it for about 10 minutes until he went screaming away.

Yesterday at work, I was sitting in my car (don't ask) when that unmistakable Ferrari aura came over me. I looked up and saw the F40 passing. I believe it had a 30-day tag on it. I immediately called ALL of my friends and told them about it, and when the F40 drove back by about 10 minutes later, I went up next to the road and watched him go by.

It made my week, so I posted about it over at www.Zcar.com (I drive a 1990 and 1991 300ZX) and someone referred me here to see if anyone knew anything about the car.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I work in Marvin/Weddington, NC, if that's important.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-18-2005, 01:59 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
Welcome Z1_ZONLY

what's a 30-day tag?
and without a license plate it will be a lot harder to try and find the s/n of that F40
post #3 of 4 Old 04-18-2005, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Thanks for the welcome, but I doubt I'll be here long. Don't get me wrong, I love to drool over these cars, but every time I check them out it makes my stuff feel inferior.

For instance, one day a few weeks ago, I was riding in my Z with the t-tops out and the music loud and my sunglasses on, feeling all cool, and in the opposite lane, a Ferrari convoy goes by, led by a Testarossa and followed by plenty of 328's and 308's. Although it was an awesome sighting, I felt very dejected about my car(s).

Anyway, a 30-day tag is assigned right after someone buys a car, and allows them to legally drive it on the road for up to 30 days, while their permanent tag is being made.

Unless sold from a private collection, the only exotic car dealership in Charlotte is Foreign Cars Italia, home of a Fayence Yellow Carrera GT, a couple 355's, and enough Maseratis and Porsches to go around.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2005, 07:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 900
Don't feel bad about a 300zx. It's a great car and better than what a lot of us (me) have. And you have two of them. So nothing to be ashamed of.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode