Guidance on first Ferrari
I知 a long time MB and Porsche GT3 owner and do a few track days per season. I知 considering adding a 458 coupe to the garage mostly for occasional use around town in summer. Very little if any track time. However I have never driven a farrari. Is it a fun car to drive? Also, any input on on these questions will be appreciated. At the moment I知 considering a 2015 from a dealer with about 5k miles.
1. The dealer says the annual routine maintenance is included until September 2021- what is the typical cost of these maintenance events?
2. The dealer says he will certify the car for an added cost of $3000. This will provide a 12 month drive train warranty. Given the low mileage and the well documented service record (one owner with all service at original dealer) is it a significant risk to not have that warranty?
3. What are some of the possible big expense repairs that I might expect over the next 5 years or 10,000 miles?
4. What are the drivers of the big price difference between an Italia and a special of this vintage?
5. Other than the remaining life of the maintenance program, and possibly lower price of an older car, are there other advantages of buying a 2015 as opposed to a 2011 -2013 with similar mileage?