1st Time ferrari buyer - Ferrari Life
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Killer58

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-09-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
1st Time ferrari buyer

I am a long time car enthusiast and want to add my first Ferrari to my collection. I have decided I want a F430 Spider (low miles). Can someone help me decide what is the best way to go about finding the car I want. I live in the rural Midwest (US) and will be forced to do my shopping online. Of course before I purchase I'll travel to look at the car. My questions are this. Is there any real difference in the cars from 2003-2009? Should I stay closer to 2009 if I want a 430. Is there anything in the options (especially mechanical additions/options) I should look for or avoid? How do I know if I'm paying the correct amount? Do you have any other suggestions for a Ferrari novice. I'm not to proud to listen.
My goals with this car is to add a Ferrari to my collection for enjoyment and car shows, while having a "hard" asset that shouldn't depreciate a ton.
Please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,200
If you don't get many replies here, try reposting in the Modern V8 subforum here: Modern V8s: 360, F430 - Ferrari Life, as it's frequented by a number of knowledgeable F430 people.

I can't answer your F430 specific questions as I'm a 550 Maranello owner, but do as much research as you can, and consider investing in a subscription to the FML (Ferrari Market Letter) which tracks values of all Ferraris and it will give you a better idea of the trends than watching eBay and other online sites.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #3 of 4 Old 10-10-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
cribbj, I see you are from Houston. One car Iím looking at is from Lamborghini of Houston. Have you heard of them and if so what is your opinion?

post #4 of 4 Old 10-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,323
Pesty,
Welcome to the forum.
I recommend a few things:
1 - download the buyers guide and read it several times
2 - do a search for buying advice
3 - go to Mike Sheehan's website and read some of his articles on buying 360/430s
4 - read through the posts in the 360/430
5 - familiarize yourself with the PPI and what the various considerations are
That should give you an initial sense and help you focus on what else to research

Good luck with the search, it is just as enjoyable as ownership.
VIAPPC likes this.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.