Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Ferrari Pre-Purchase Help (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ferrari-pre-purchase-help/)
-   -   Good car transport company? And estimated cost? (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ferrari-pre-purchase-help/37785-good-car-transport-company.html)

efg2014 10-27-2014 08:52 PM

Good car transport company? And estimated cost?

Hi,
Any recommendations on car transport companies?
Should I go with a broker?
About what should I expect to pay to transport from North Carolina to Northern California?

So far I have found 2 here namely Intercity Lines and Global Auto sport?

--thanks
--Soon to be a Ferrari owner hopefully(Ok not till the fat,um rubenesque lady sings)

Killer58 10-28-2014 01:20 AM

I have used Interstate several times with absolute & complete satisfaction.
They are fantastic.
Now, I won't use anyone else.

PM sent.

efg2014 10-28-2014 05:23 AM

Interstate or Intercity?

Hi,
First thank you for the reply. Second did you mean Intercity Lines?

360 Modena 10-28-2014 09:25 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
I used Horseless Carriage from Denver to DC to transport the TR.

I used my local dealer to pickup a 360 from another dealer in Chicago, that was shipped to DC. Turns out they were transferring one of their cars between dealers and the trailer was going to come back empty. I paid $500 - pretty inexpensive even ten years ago.

Horseless Carriage was relatively inexpensive at the time and easy to deal - I believe they are still in business and advertise in Forza magazine.

360 Modena 10-28-2014 09:29 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
That be a great drive for me. Gas plus expenses. Is it a F430 from Foreign Cars italia?

Killer58 10-28-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efg2014 (Post 499745)
Hi,
First thank you for the reply. Second did you mean Intercity Lines?

Oops, yes, I meant Intercity.

Admiral Goodwrench 10-28-2014 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have used Intercity many times, great service.

Best regards,

Dom3210 10-28-2014 09:18 PM

The best is Exotic Car Transport of Orlando small personal service speak to jan tell her Domenic referred you.

MBFerrari 10-29-2014 08:16 PM

I wish I could do it for you but that is just too far. I would recommend calling Tom Sunday.
VR,
Matt

efg2014 11-04-2014 09:10 PM

Based on recommendations here I contacted Intercity. I felt comfortable the car will be taken care of. The once concern I have is that they can't give me a exact date of pickup or delivery. They want 2-3 week notice and it can take uptill 15 days for the car to arrive. A friend of mine who has bought a number of exotics from out of state felt that I should be able to get a transport company which can say we will pick up at a certain date and deliver on a a certain date. Reasonable?

Killer58 11-05-2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efg2014 (Post 502889)
A friend of mine who has bought a number of exotics from out of state felt that I should be able to get a transport company which can say we will pick up at a certain date and deliver on a a certain date. Reasonable?

That would be true if you used a broker who will farm the job to the first company/truck available in the network. No telling who you'd get or what quality.

Intercity has a limited of trucks and drivers. And they'll keep you informed every step of the journey. My experience says it won't take that long (unless you're shipping your car the same week as Pebble).

efg2014 11-05-2014 07:42 AM

David,
Thanks for your explanation and that clears things up. I will stick with Intercity. The interesting thing is my friend , a very successful business man, who has owned may different exotics was adamant that the car needs to be picked up and delivered at on a certain date. Being this is going to be my first exotic purchase I though hmm I need to listen to him.

chenglo1 11-18-2014 10:22 PM

Robert

i see we had same driver deliver our cars. can't recall his name but i did offer him a beer n he declined of course.

efg2014 11-24-2014 06:09 PM

The car was picked up today by Intercity in NC. NowI need to hurry up and get the paper work with the DMV moving before it shows up.

Admiral Goodwrench 11-24-2014 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chenglo1 (Post 508161)
Robert

i see we had same driver deliver our cars. can't recall his name but i did offer him a beer n he declined of course.

Dear Cheng,

Bil and Virginia Duran took care of our Pebble Beach sojourn in 08, and they also delivered our Acura to Santa Fe in summer of 13. Steve delivered our car to Arlington after the Milwaukee Masterpiece in 10 and I do not remember the husband/wife team who brought our car from the 13 FCA National to Santa Fe in 13 - see photo.

Unfortunately I understand that Bill and Virginia have since retired, they had almost become family after taking such good care of TLBC.

Best regards,

Enzojustin 03-01-2015 06:04 PM

I have shipped 2 Ferrari's from The Collection in Fort Lauderdale Florida to my house in Dallas and once to my son in Denver. Both times I used All Day Auto Transport . The enclosed carrier cost around $1600 each time . If you want a reliable service to ship a high end and expensive vehicle , I would only use these guys . There site is http://alldayautotransport.com/ship-car-cost-htm/

599problems 04-23-2015 05:57 PM

Brokers can be a double-edged sword and it's hard to tell brokers from actual carriers in my experience. On the one hand, you can sometimes get a better deal from a broker, but then you're phone may be getting lit up for weeks on end. Since your trip is so long, I'd look for someone that regularly works in both areas (you'll likely find some carriers that are brokers in this mix too). I used a-1 auto transport to ship a classic I bought last year from Florida to CA and had no issues. Wasn't cheap, but I used covered shipping as a precaution.