Dealer Recomendations and Purchase thoughts - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-11-2014, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Dealer Recomendations and Purchase thoughts

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a F430 Spider. I was wondering if anybody had experience with the following dealers in Southern California:
Phillips Auto of Newport Beach
CNC in Ontario
Century West Luxury
I've looked for awhile and because of health issues I haven't pulled the trigger, and I have missed out. I am almost to the point of pulling the trigger and hoping for the best.

Any thoughts on a 430 Spider - either Red or Yellow with 7 to 20 k on them?

If it doesn't have one should I get a clear bra right away?
Is it okay to add blue tooth?
One of the cars I'm looking at has had one owner and very regular service at the dealer which is all documented - is it safe to go without a PPI?
If it better to buy from an actual dealer?

I'm not saying this for sympathy - only to explain myself. I've had Stage 4 Cancer - i battled it to a stand still. It may have come back - I want to buy my Ferrari and enjoy it now and in the future and I don't want it to be to hard of an experience buying it - I want to enjoy life.
So if anybody can give me any advice - I would be happy to take it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forshage View Post
Phillips Auto of Newport Beach
CNC in Ontario
Century West Luxury

Some of dealers above are sponsors here and other boards- they can be found by searching the forum- I have no direct experience but many of the members here have. I can say I have heard nothing about CNC in any bad way. Also Brian Crall here has a lot of experience with dealers in that area and may be willing to talk on the phone about them and where to get a PPI.

My take- great car- best advice is clear ownership history with clear and complete maintenance records. PPI is a must but honestly some have gone without in a well documented and well maintained vehicle ( with or without a warranty). I got a PPI on my 430 which had a well documented history. Personal risk is a personal threshold. I err on the side of less risk but it is less likely on that car per se, but people miss things and things happen.

Clear bra is choice. most have it or something ( I have it).

Mileage is less of an issue in a well serviced vehicle. Maintenance is key as are the updates on the manifolds, shifter bushing etc. I have an alipine blue tooth and it works well.
Color is personal but those are fantastic choices. I prefer the well driven car with maintenance over the garage queen since these cars get better with use. As Jim Glickenhaus has said:

- Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next ..

Forza :: F430 Buyer's Guide : F430 Buyer's Guide

Check here for manuals and work guides, brochures etc:

ferraridatabase.com

All Ferraris

Or as Captain Slow writes here- No regrets:

No regrets after buying a Ferrari F430 - Telegraph

My advice buy it drive it, smile and dont look back.

Also pictures are a must here after you get it.

Good luck

ScottS

I have regretted often, but repented never. Is this a good thing? -Enzo Ferrari
2012 California Argento Nurburgring /Nero 2005 F430 Nero 6spd. 2009 Maserati GT-S F1
post #3 of 15 Old 08-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Buy the one that feels right - it's a gamble but as you know life is now about beating the odds and living every day to it's fullest.

Clear Bra is a must but if it didn't have it prior expect some road rash or a re - spray either has been done or will need to be done.

Suggest a one owner car from a dealer vs a broker - generally the dealers keep the best cars the others are wholesaled.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Last edited by champagne612; 08-12-2014 at 10:26 PM.

post #4 of 15 Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Not too many 430 spiders at the wholesaler!

I would expand my search outside cali and would not skip the PPI. Dealers are not all they are cracked up to be and I really couldn't see myself buying a ferrari from one. YMMV.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 15 Old 08-13-2014, 04:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,515
Sorry to hear of your cancer. Hopefully, owning and driving the 430 will be good a good experience for your mind, body and soul.

Although I bought my cars from dealers and enjoyed positive experiences, I would not hesitate to buy a car refereed by an independent tech who's maintained a customer's car and knows its pedigree and maintenance history. Shipping is relatively inexpensive, so don't feel like you have to buy local. I bought both of my cars from F-dealers in Denver and Chicago and had them shipped to the east coast.

Stay healthy and be well!
post #6 of 15 Old 08-14-2014, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Ppi

So left rear Tail light is shaky,
Needs break pads
Needs a new clutch - 85% wear
What does everybody think?
post #7 of 15 Old 08-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Depends on the price. Has to be enough of a barain to cover all necessary repairs plus a complete fluid, filter, and aux belts service.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Owner
Elite Member

These are normal wear and tear. have to be replaced at some point. I actually like buying a car that needs work as opposed to one that just got a lot of work. Then I have control over it being done right, or at all. I have a receipt from a dealer that says my tensioner bearing were replaced before i purchased it. When it came time to replace them again, 10 years later, turns out the originals were still there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 15 Old 09-22-2014, 09:01 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
so???

Carl,

Did you buy one yet??? If not, i recommend calling Craig at Fastcars in Redondo Beach to see if he knows anyone selling their F430 in your neck of the woods. He did my PPI and i was quite impressed by his knowledge.

I think you have a great chance of finding a good example F430 with the shear number of dealers in southern cal. I agree with the above post in that the dealers usually only sell good cars. They probably do not want to be known for selling bad examples. Reputation is VIP for those guys. Mine came from Ferrari of Newport Beach. You will not be disappointed in the F430 if you get a well sorted one. Good luck!
post #10 of 15 Old 10-15-2014, 05:05 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 400
If a dealer is not experienced with Ferraris he could sell you a bad car.
post #11 of 15 Old 10-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by efg2014 View Post
If a dealer is not experienced with Ferraris he could sell you a bad car.

Even if it is very experienced with Ferraris they can sell you a bad car. There are good and bad in every business and the sign on the front wall assures nothing.
post #12 of 15 Old 10-16-2014, 10:48 AM
GPM

Ferrari Life Posts: 59
I visited CNC once, I found them rude and unhelpful
post #13 of 15 Old 10-20-2014, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Sorry guys, I should have posted on this thread earlier. The hunt is over. I have a F430 Spider in red, red & black interior. Had it for a little over a month, have driven it every weekend - including to the 60 year event. Still learning how to do things. Love it.
If I knew how to post pictures, I would.

I never wanted to go into a gunfight with the cheapest gun!
post #14 of 15 Old 10-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Owner
Elite Member

go to "go advanced" then click "manage attachments" then "choose file", select the picture and hit "upload".

post #15 of 15 Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 43
So where did you buy it? Condition Did you get a PPI? Tell us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forshage View Post
Sorry guys, I should have posted on this thread earlier. The hunt is over. I have a F430 Spider in red, red & black interior. Had it for a little over a month, have driven it every weekend - including to the 60 year event. Still learning how to do things. Love it.
If I knew how to post pictures, I would.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode