Buying a Ferrari 430 16M - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-31-2014, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Buying a Ferrari 430 16M

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Ferrari 430 scuderia 16M. I drive a 360 spider F1 for 5 years now and done about 50000Km. I love that car, never has let me down but has 87000km on it now. My all time favorite is the 430 16M and my dealer has one for sale just as I want it (red with the Italian striping). The only thing that troubles me is the it has 66000Km and the 16M scuderia disk and book are missing. The car has had new outlet headers and suspension has already been replaced. I would have to pay an additional 100000 on top of my 360. Any thoughts?

Greetz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Greetz

The F1 shifts are phenomenal - it's going to age extremely well.

Spider Scud racing stripes lots of carbon!

In the US they range from 230 - 280 is the pricing higher there?

High miles but in the US many are feather dusted vs driven
Attached Images

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #3 of 10 Old 05-31-2014, 05:15 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
Greetz,

With the exception of belt changes, I prefer the 360 to the 430 on every count. But that's my personal preference. If you like the 16M, and found one just as you would spec it, buy it and don't think twice!

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-31-2014, 03:10 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 36
Greetz,

Here is my two cents on it. Main point: more exciting drive, very expensive upgrades/carbon, and a rarity premium all make the trade interesting if you find one you really like.
1. Ask most who have driven/owned both and you will find the driving experience is very different between the 16m and regular f430 spider. Not only more focused, but the SuperFast 2 transmission makes a huge difference and although the headline power increase does not seem huge--it comes much lower and is very usable. I have driven the scud and 458 on the track and even prefer the scud over the 458 as it feels quite special and is more fun in my view. I think the lap times would be close and for a non-expert driver they would most likely be faster in a 458. The scud/16m, though, feel super special and are a real "event" to drive.
2. The cost of the upgrades vs the f430 is a really big number. You can do the math yourself if you consider all the carbon fiber pieces, engine upgrades, transmission, racing seats, titanium bolts, wheels, etc etc you will get to a very large number.
3. The 16m is a rare car. There will be way fewer for sale at any given time than the f430 spider and for "special v8" collectors there will always be some demand and additional premium compared to the normal model. So--part of the price difference will not be lost. I'll leave it up to you to calculate how much.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-01-2014, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Are there any maintenance isuses I should worry about? The 360 was pretty expensive I found over the 5 years I have had it. I'm glad to hear it is more exiting then a 458, I have drive the spider and coupe. Love it but it missed a bit of raw driving experience which I do have in the 360. I still prefer a single clutch to a dual. It won't be a daily driver but I will be doing about 7000 miles a year. Price in dollars is 210000 including 2 years Ferrari power insurance. They have a buyer for my 360 offering 75000 dollars. I think I will put in an offer 😉
post #6 of 10 Old 06-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Maintenance wise they seem pretty bullet proof. The F430s are pretty good except for the header issue, and my understanding is that this same issue is not as big of a deal on the 16m--if someone knows differently please correct. Also, this is the final year of production for the f430 so the underlying car is as good as it is going to be in terms of being sorted.

I really liked the 458 and the car definitely has its merits, but for that special "event" feeling it is really tough to beat the 16m/Scud experience. Really feels special and way less electronic. Also, I think the look of the dash and buttons ares a bit more analog on the 16m which helps with this effect. 210 including the warranty seems very good--even if it is reasonably high mileage. I really think you won't look back--even compared to a 430 spider I don't think you would look back. Best of luck with the deal!
post #7 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by galtinuk View Post
Maintenance wise they seem pretty bullet proof. The F430s are pretty good except for the header issue, and my understanding is that this same issue is not as big of a deal on the 16m--if someone knows differently please correct. Also, this is the final year of production for the f430 so the underlying car is as good as it is going to be in terms of being sorted.

I really liked the 458 and the car definitely has its merits, but for that special "event" feeling it is really tough to beat the 16m/Scud experience. Really feels special and way less electronic. Also, I think the look of the dash and buttons ares a bit more analog on the 16m which helps with this effect. 210 including the warranty seems very good--even if it is reasonably high mileage. I really think you won't look back--even compared to a 430 spider I don't think you would look back. Best of luck with the deal!
Having the same thoughts ;-)

The car in question, going by today or tomorrow to see if we can make a deal
Attached Images

post #8 of 10 Old 06-03-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari360spider View Post
Having the same thoughts ;-)

The car in question, going by today or tomorrow to see if we can make a deal
Wow--great looking 16m!
post #9 of 10 Old 06-04-2014, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Went to the Ferrari garage today, the man who wants to buy my car want's some more check up's on my car. Going for a drive on Friday with the 16M ;-)
post #10 of 10 Old 06-04-2014, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Greetz

The F1 shifts are phenomenal - it's going to age extremely well.

Spider Scud racing stripes lots of carbon!

In the US they range from 230 - 280 is the pricing higher there?

High miles but in the US many are feather dusted vs driven

I prefer driven ;-)

I do about 4-5 trackdays a year, and at least 2 times on Spa Francochamps :-D

I also go once a year to Italia with the car, driving along lake Come. Live doens't come any better than that ;-)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode