Where to look up resale values? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Where to look up resale values?

I am looking into buying a 2013 or 2014 California or 458. Aside from relying on what a dealer is telling me, how can determine what market value really is? I did not see Ferrari listed in Kelly Blue Book. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,187
Ferrari Market Letter is the most authoritative source, but if you don't want to subscribe to that you can get a "feel" for what cars are going for by comparing eBay and other car websites.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #3 of 9 Old 03-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
john, by going for you mean asking price. sales prices are a chimera. pretty much have to do what you would do with any car. Check all the adds you can, and ask around on forums like this. Sadly, I don't know what those two cars are going for, but i imagine someone on here does. You could also help your search by telling us what part of the world you are looking in.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 9 Old 03-23-2014, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Sure...I appreciate the response. I am in Long Island, NY.
At this point I am narrowed down to the 2013 California.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Brian, with the new Cal T, that may have an influence there.

Good luck with your search.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #6 of 9 Old 03-25-2014, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

I have not been able to find out anything in regard to resales. The dealers have to be relying on some publication or service. The dealer here in New York....their response was essentially...trust us. I am not buying it. I intended on buying the car in cash...but I need some confidence in the purchase.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Brian- Actually, they do not have to be relying on a publication. All you are likely to find on Ferraris is new prices, like those in the NADA Blue Book.

Ferraris are a very limited market and dealers keep track of prices looking at asking prices from other Ferrari dealers. When you are only worried about prices on 10 or 12 models, it is actually pretty easy to keep up with trends.

The only confidence you will get is doing your homework and checking all the cars for sale using FNA's site and dealer sites. There is no easy way to do it.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-30-2014, 08:22 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 38
Garage
Hi Brian,

I just recently went through this experience purchasing a 360 Modena. I scoured all of the for sale websites and analyzed by year, miles, style and transmission type. Recommendations from the Ferrari Life community were invaluable. Given that these cars are very robust for Ferraris, I still paid top dollar for most recent year, low miles, good documentation, and traceability. I won't know if this bet pays off, but as we all know, any serious service can negate a $10K savings in a heartbeat.

Best of luck, and happy hunting.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
The only confidence you will get is doing your homework and checking all the cars for sale using FNA's site and dealer sites. There is no easy way to do it.
And go and physically inspect cars yourself. After seeing several, you get a real good feel for which is the car you want.

You should not think of it as buying an applicance. They do not all work the same, they do not all look the same, they are not all worth the same. It's more like buying a boat

So, go and look at some expensive ones, some mid-market, and some cheap ones. You will see why the price differences are there. Then decide what is the type of car you want (what kind of history, mileage, colour combination you would be happy with). Then pursue the cars that match your criteria. This way you will find the car that will give you the best chance for happiness.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode