575 or 360 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-13-2014, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
575 or 360

First timer so bear with the all encompassing questions. I currently have a Maserati 05 Gran Sport and love it. No plans to sell it. No issues...just runs great. I feel its time to step into the F world and originally targeted a 360 spider. Looking in the 90-100k range and got concerned about depreciation on the 360 and it seems the 575 are closer to the bottom of their curve. Seems like I can get a comparable 2003/04 in either model, similar options, miles (10k-15k), etc. I don't plan on tracking the car, more weekend enjoyment. I have not driven either yet one however can gauge the nimbleness of the 360 vs a 575. Can I ask for a few pros and cons (Enjoyment factor, serviceablility, depreciation, likes/dislikes)? Any price guidance would be extremely helpful too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,851
Dan- Welcome to Ferrari Life. The 575M is a GT with a lot of power, quicker than a 360, but nowhere near as nimble. You already have a GT in the Maserati, so a 360 will probably be a nice change. Prices vary quite a bit and the best advice is just to look at a bunch of ads and look at buyers' guides here and in a recent issue of Forza.

Maintenance costs should be about the same with the 360 requiring cambelt changes every 3 years and the 575M every 5 years.

There are a bunch of threads on the 360 and 575M, including a technical thread on the 575M , so do some searching here for a lot of info.

I have a 575M, and much prefer it to the 360, but I do not have a Maserati GT lurking in my garage.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Thx Taz. I have been a sponge trying to read all the great material posted in the forum. Its time to test drive a few....bit of a challenge with the Ohio winters. Time for a road trip

post #4 of 5 Old 02-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
I got my 360 about 18 mos ago and love it. I would have preferred the 575, but 360 was less costly. I still yearn for GT looks. ... the 360 is pretty sweet as well.

Drive them both and get the one your heart tells you is right. If the price is within 10% of each other, then don't let the price be a factor.

Hard to say about depreciation. The 575 has lost more of its original value than the 360. I think they are good value now. Perhaps better value than the 360.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-15-2014, 06:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Dan- Welcome to Ferrari Life. The 575M is a GT with a lot of power, quicker than a 360, but nowhere near as nimble. You already have a GT in the Maserati, so a 360 will probably be a nice change. Prices vary quite a bit and the best advice is just to look at a bunch of ads and look at buyers' guides here and in a recent issue of Forza.

Maintenance costs should be about the same with the 360 requiring cambelt changes every 3 years and the 575M every 5 years.

There are a bunch of threads on the 360 and 575M, including a technical thread on the 575M , so do some searching here for a lot of info.

I have a 575M, and much prefer it to the 360, but I do not have a Maserati GT lurking in my garage.
Hi Dan, At 6'2 200lbs size and comfort was important to me. If your intent is to use your car as a GT like it was meant to be the 575 has extra everything compared to a 360 and ride quality is not bad judging by Ferrari standards. You need a little seat time in each in each to decide which fits your needs and as far as prices go be willing to pay a little extra for the more desired options on a well sorted car. As for the investment factor, everyone has a different opinion, here's mine. I think in the future the V12 will always command a premium over the V8 just because there's less made and less available. Keep reading and posting, Taz, Cribb,Boxer and everyone else on this site were a major influence in my decision to purchase my 575 hope this helps

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode