Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Ferrari Pre-Purchase Help (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ferrari-pre-purchase-help/)
-   -   550 Gremlins (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/ferrari-pre-purchase-help/26353-550-gremlins.html)

DarkShines 01-14-2014 01:13 PM

550 Gremlins

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Within the next 3 months I fully expect to be purchasing a 550, so I feel the time is right to do a little more than dream with rosé tinted specs on! Time to research properly, so that I know what I'm going to have to put into one long term.

Any particular weak areas, niggles, inherent issues, unreliability etc etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Boxer 01-14-2014 10:48 PM

Suggest you take a look at the buyers guide.Buyer's Guides Articles Listing - Ferrari Life

JazzyO 01-15-2014 04:39 AM

There is a lot of info on this site in posts as well, I suggest you do a search. Not being unfriendly, but I've answered this question so many times in the past it seems a bit redundant doing it again.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

cribbj 01-15-2014 05:53 AM

James, I have a checklist of items to look for before purchasing a 550. A few items are peculiar to US cars, but the rest are applicable to all.

PM me your email & I'd be happy to send you a copy.

DarkShines 01-16-2014 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cribbj (Post 342249)
James, I have a checklist of items to look for before purchasing a 550. A few items are peculiar to US cars, but the rest are applicable to all.

That would be great!!! Thankyou ever so much. PM coming your way Sir

bay 01-17-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

it is possible, send it to me ?

thank you

:thumbsup:

cribbj 01-17-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay (Post 343505)
it is possible, send it to me ?

thank you

:thumbsup:

Bernard, I'd be happy to; please PM me your email address

ifeelfree0 02-25-2014 12:55 PM

Would it be possible to get a copy as well. I am heading to LA from Clev to hopefully purchase a 550 or 575 next week. Timing couldn't be better. PM Sent

ECSofVirginia 02-25-2014 04:07 PM

It's important to remain conscious of the fact that these are 15yr old, used Italian cars. There are a lot of consumables that need to be addressed at this point in their life cycle. Most of items are ignored as serviceables and treated and repair upon failure items, which is not smart.

JRay 11-24-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Hi cribbj!

I would also like a copy of your 550 check list, as I plan to buy soon. Unfortunately, I am new to the site and either do not know how, or am unable to PM. You can email me at [email protected].

I am also interested in your COP solution and would like more info on how to source the material for that

cribbj 11-25-2014 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRay (Post 510097)
Hi cribbj!

I would also like a copy of your 550 check list, as I plan to buy soon. Unfortunately, I am new to the site and either do not know how, or am unable to PM. You can email me at ******@hotmail.com.

I am also interested in your COP solution and would like more info on how to source the material for that

Johnny, welcome to FLife and I hope you enjoy your search for the right 550. I've emailed you the PPI checklist and some details of the COP system.