Looking to buy first Ferrari-some help needed - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 355
Garage
Congrats!!! Welcome to Ferrari Life. This is the place to be as opposed to that other site.
In any case, 355 is the best sounding Ferrari ever made for the street if you ask me.

I had the CF seats in my 348SS but they were not the exact type as the one's in your 355 but I will say they will hold you firmly in place. May not be as comfortable though for long runs, but worth the mild suffering just due to rarity.

Again, welcome.
Regards,
MB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 531
woohoo

Congrats. you will love it! did i get it right that you didn't go out and check it out in person? I wondered that myself but many of our fellow members have bought sight unseen. good choice on the stick vs F1 too. but i don't want to start any fights here...
post #23 of 23 Old 01-15-2014, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenglo1 View Post
Congrats. you will love it! did i get it right that you didn't go out and check it out in person? I wondered that myself but many of our fellow members have bought sight unseen. good choice on the stick vs F1 too. but i don't want to start any fights here...
Yes, I did buy it without seeing it. I reviewed all the service records, which were sorted by year and were emailed to me, Had belt service 300 miles ago, previous owner had the belt done 3 times in 7 years-it was on the 3 year cycle vs the 5 year which seems to be what most people do. It had Valve guides done with all new valves and seals-complete rebuild of the heads, and new Tubi exhaust with Hi-Flow cats. And other than annual fluid services, a starter and battery,and,radiator were only other service visits in 26,000 miles. So it was obvious that the car was well cared for, had all the preventative maintenance service done regularly, and the car had very few issues, and replaced the known F355 issues, as soon as he was made aware. That and a group of high resolution pics and a couple conversations with the owner, it was apparent this was a great car with few problems and that it was just what I was looking for, so I bought it!
I decided on the manual trans for a couple reasons- 1, because most of the newer Ferraris are F1, I thought the manuals might become more desirable. I also was concerned about the learning curve on the F1, not that I couldn't get it figured out, but that I would not like how the car drives in very slow, stop=start situations/ parking lot, and 2- that I would miss the manual just like I have with a few automatic sports cars I've had that seem boring without the shifting, but non of those was an F1, but still it is just not the same. Ferraris were made to driven manually, to be connected to the car, and it isn't really who is fastest, its about the fun of a leisure drive on a nice curvy county road and listening to that great Ferrari sound.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode