"Expat" Ferrari - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-02-2013, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
"Expat" Ferrari

Good evening everyone. Today i had a conversation with an older friend of mine who maybe is moving to U.A.E. .She is from U.K. and she is considering to buy whether an F430 Spider or a 458 Italia from Germany. Would there be any problems considering the cars if a German spec Ferrari is shipped and driven for the rest of her life in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Are there any differences between cars which are delivered in Northern Europe to them delivered in the U.A.E. ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 229
Hi Alexandros,
I'm not an expert but there are differences and I don't know if the UAE will require them on importation of a Euro Spec car. The basis of the cars in the Gulf appear to be Euro Spec however. My own car was delivered in the Gulf and then came back to Europe. The seat belts are marked " Conform to Gulf Requirements" in addition to the EU markings. The Gulf states use the same frequencies as the USA for the alarm and key fob systems, which are different to EU frequencies.
This would require changing the whole immobliser unit to modify. The above I know for certain and I also was told that the fuel tank filler neck had to be changed between the Gulf and Europe. There may be other differences of which I am not aware.
Perhaps someone else has more experience.
Nigel

'97 Rosso Corsa 550 Maranello
post #3 of 4 Old 11-04-2013, 10:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Garage
I don't know about Ferrari's, but I've seen a BMW 850 from UAE and the cooling system was much better than on a regular european spec car.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
why not buy in UAE? there have got to be many used ones there. new ones to i guess.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode